So.. fighting 2 MWs in a row who both lost to Anderson..

georgelebrun

It is sad this sport is soooo much about the money and not the sport.

The main guy will want a cut of the PPV and a good fight contract/bonus,he can't get that if the opponent is not a big name.

I think Gusty is a good fighter,but in reality Jones is too well rounded,he would defeat gusty,i am sure of it.It would garner zero interest beyond the hardcore fans,so not really a market the UFC is looking for.

Personally i do NOT want to see Sonnen at all,so go figure where Dana is getting his ideas .Sonnen works versus a guy with no wrestling,such as Silva,it is a complete dumb *** idea versus Jones.

The problem is that the two new guys Tex and Jimmo have not built a name up yet,after that what is there,Machida?lol.

Teixeira is more deserving than Chael and has more of a chance at beating Jones. If they're just gonna give away title shots like candy' date=' give it to Glover.[/quote']

I won't get into the Chael story with you here because we already did that in another thread ;). I believe Chael should get his shot and he does deserve it imo. But strictly speaking as a fight fan I too would rather see Jones fight Teixeira. A lot of people have no idea how dangerous this guy is. He's a serious, serious threat and personally I think he's the one to beat Jones. The guy is a monster and has very few, if any, real weaknesses. The only reason he's a no name is because he couldn't fight in the US for a long time due to legal issues. All the greats in Brazil, know Glover Teixeira though.

Teixeira is more deserving than Chael and has more of a chance at beating Jones. If they're just gonna give away title shots like candy' date=' give it to Glover.[/quote']

this... at least Teix and Gus have wins... Sonnen gets a shot in a new division coming off a decisive loss? please :rolleyes:

next time when Teix beats the piss out of someone, he should threaten Jones and his family... then he'll get the shot... :D

It is sad this sport is soooo much about the money and not the sport.

The main guy will want a cut of the PPV and a good fight contract/bonus' date='he can't get that if the opponent is not a big name.

I think Gusty is a good fighter,but in reality Jones is too well rounded,he would defeat gusty,i am sure of it.It would garner zero interest beyond the hardcore fans,so not really a market the UFC is looking for.

Personally i do NOT want to see Sonnen at all,so go figure where Dana is getting his ideas .Sonnen works versus a guy with no wrestling,such as Silva,it is a complete dumb *** idea versus Jones.

The problem is that the two new guys Tex and Jimmo have not built a name up yet,after that what is there,Machida?lol.[/quote']

Why is it so sad? There was a time when their was no way for a mixed martial artist to make a living through his craft. Now, any good fighter has that opportunity. You should be happy for them.

If you want to see guys fighting for the pure love of it and nothing else, there are PLENTY of underground fights that you can find if you look for them.

Why is it so sad? There was a time when their was no way for a mixed martial artist to make a living through his craft. Now' date=' any good fighter has that opportunity. You should be happy for them.

If you want to see guys fighting for the pure love of it and nothing else, there are PLENTY of underground fights that you can find if you look for them.[/quote']

Big money fights get made over fights with deserving challengers. So yes, guys are making money but it's the ones that can talk before the ones that can fight. It's a business first, sport second. Which is sad.

Archived