Agree or disagree with this?

Stubert

Anderson is saying that because it is a high risk, low reward proposition. Weidman has not established himself as top tier fighter yet. Hence, Anderson is looking for a couple of big time fights with established fighters before he retires.

Anderson should not be able to pick and choose who he defends his title against. However, he should be able to pursue the WW title if he chooses to. He has defended his title ten times, so let him pursue another title if he wishes to. Weidman is just trying to talk himself into a title fight. Let him earn the shot and then we can have a discussion about a title fight. I personally have Bisping ranked higher than Weidman.

I am a huge Anderson Silva fan and I love the idea superfights between him and GSP and then Jon Jones, but I think it is incredibly unfair for a champion to not defend his title. The only problem is that there are no clear number one contenders for a shot at his belt and no one left in the division who can truly pose a credible threat to the man. Chris Weidman is impressive but lets be honest, beating Mark Munoz isn't enough to warrant an immediate title shot despite how dominant he was. And I don't think a win over Weidman would have been enough for Munoz to get a shot either.

The real problem with the Middleweight division is that by being such a dominant champion, Anderson Silva has caused the 185 weight class to stagnate. If he were to vacate his title now and make his last two fights on his contract superfights instead title fights, it would make the Middleweight division exciting again.

As for the other question, should a champion get to choose who he fights, my answer is no as I stated when Jon Jones turned down a fight with Chael Sonnen. As the champion it is your responsibility to defend your title against the challenger who has been deemed by the company as most worthy to fight for your crown. You shouldn't be able to say no because he's your friend or because he said mean things about you or because you think he is young and untested (which I think is true in Weidman's case) or because you beat him two years ago, etc.

And to a lesser degree, I don't think contenders shouldn't be able to pick their opponents either because they don't have a recognized name or you don't think a win over them will necessarily increase your ranking in the division. And that's why I am such a huge fan of the Grand Prix or tournament style format, it would be harder to do in the UFC with so many fighters on the roster but with proper planning it would still be possible.

Anderson is saying that because it is a high risk' date=' low reward proposition. Weidman has not established himself as top tier fighter yet. Hence, Anderson is looking for a couple of big time fights with established fighters before he retires.

Anderson should not be able to pick and choose who he defends his title against. However, he should be able to pursue the WW title if he chooses to. He has defended his title ten times, so let him pursue another title if he wishes to. Weidman is just trying to talk himself into a title fight. Let him earn the shot and then we can have a discussion about a title fight. [b']I personally have Bisping ranked higher than Weidman[/b].

I immediately agree with everything you just said, especially the bold.

Silva has two fights left on his contract. It'd be awesome to see him fight GSP at a catchweight and JBJ at 205. However, if he would do something like that then he should definately be stepping down as MW champion.

Fighters are becoming f'kin divas and prima donnas. Weidman trying to do a Sonnen and talk his way into a title fight. Silva rejecting this fight and that fight for various reasons.

UFC should be watching MMA forums and listening to the fans as well as taking into account who is actually legimate.

Give the fans what they want because at the end of the day it's the fans who pay the wages for the fighters and UFC management.

To be honest, the dude has done it all in the UFC, he is getting to the tale end of his career I am guessing, so why not let him take the fights he thinks he can make the most out of.

Yeah as champion you should fight all comers, however is Weedman really the guy to dethrone Silva?

Would rather him fight GSP in the long awaited super fight.

If they don't want GSP to fight him then might as well just see Silva retire at MW with the belt.

Give him the winner of Weedman/Timmy or just give him Bisping.

I think he only has 2 fights left on his contract. There is a chance he could retire after that. I definitely don't want to see one of them wasted on Weidman.

He said he wants to fight for 5 more years, unless he's going to have 2 fights in the next 5 years it's not wasting at all. I doubt he's going to have a big fight in the next 2 fights anyway. He's going to take winnable fights and then sign an even bigger contract and do some super fights most likely.

Anderson is saying that because it is a high risk' date=' low reward proposition. Weidman has not established himself as top tier fighter yet. Hence, Anderson is looking for a couple of big time fights with established fighters before he retires.

Anderson should not be able to pick and choose who he defends his title against. However, he should be able to pursue the WW title if he chooses to. He has defended his title ten times, so let him pursue another title if he wishes to. Weidman is just trying to talk himself into a title fight. Let him earn the shot and then we can have a discussion about a title fight. I personally have Bisping ranked higher than Weidman.[/quote']

This.

I would add some of my own thoughts but I have got too distracted with the 'Arianny Celeste shows the goods' link:D

The thing is, wether Anderson is the p4p best fighter in the world and a legend, he still doesnt have the right to dictate who he fights as champion of a division. His views on who is higher ranked in the division are irrelevant! That is for Dana and Joe Silva etc to decide. If he doesnt want to fight who the UFC put in front of him he has to decide how badly he wants his title.

He doesn't want a superfight with Jones and also doesn't seem to want to fight any MW contenders so he needs to decide what he wants to do. If he wants a superfight then he should vacate his title, if he doesn't want to vacate then he should fight who Joe Silva puts in front of him. I would say that Weidman and Bisping are the front runners.

He can hold out for a GSP fight but I'm still not convinced that GSP will take that fght.

it takes a special kind of retard to think Wideman is the #1 contender.

Lets see Bisping vs Wide-man. in the mean time. The winner of that fight will have a lot of hype and will be easy to sell vs. Anderson.

right now the only fight fans want to see vs. Anderson is vs. GSP or vs. Jones

LOL......Ok Mr. Silva....then WHO is left for you at MW?!?! Bisping?....LMAO.......Boestch?...LMAO! They will stand in front of you and try to bang, you win this hands down. Now Weidman is 5-0 inside the octagon and has the tools to take you down for some lovin groundin and poundin which is not your favorite place to be.

also, if Anderson fought Wideman now and easily KOs him (most likely to happen) then people will just ride off Wide man as a non-legit contender that had no place with Silva at all.

sure you haters are gonna say Wide man is gonna beat Silva before they fight, but as soon as he loses and cant even get a TD on him you'll just discredit a great fighter like Wide man to make Silva look bad.

Let Wide man beat another top contender to legitimize himself in the eyes on non-Silva-haters. You people make me sick.

He doesn't want a superfight with Jones and also doesn't seem to want to fight any MW contenders so he needs to decide what he wants to do. If he wants a superfight then he should vacate his title' date=' if he doesn't want to vacate then he should fight who Joe Silva puts in front of him. I would say that Weidman and Bisping are the front runners.

He can hold out for a GSP fight but I'm still not convinced that GSP will take that fght.[/quote']

Completely agree with this.

Silva should just vacate and drop to 170 so there's no way GSP ducks him.

And Junglebird, your trolling is getting too weak

I'm totally cool with Silva not wanting to fight Weidman (the number 2 ranked Middleweight in the world) but no matter how many wins you get, you don't get to choose who you defend your title against. This is not ****ing Shark fights, the Patriots can't choose not to face the Giants if they make it to the Superbowl.

Silva has the option to vacate his belt if he doesn't want to defend it and go fight GSP at 170 so he doesn't have a chance to duck him.

Silva can not force GSP to go up in weight

Explain. Give me 2 names at Middleweight that are more deserving

if you read the whole post and not just the part that pertains to you (the part that says retard), you will see that I suggest Wide man fights Bisping in order to hype his resume up.

If he fights Silva now and loses half the forum will claim Wide man was a chump in the first place. (the same people that claim he will beat Silva now)

I want Wide man to fight Silva, i just dont want excuses when Silva beats another Top MW.

if you read the whole post and not just the part that pertains to you (the part that says retard)' date=' you will see that I suggest Wide man fights Bisping in order to hype his resume up.

If he fights Silva now and loses half the forum will claim Wide man was a chump in the first place. (the same people that claim he will beat Silva now)

I want Wide man to fight Silva, i just dont want excuses when Silva beats another Top MW.[/quote']

- You said that you have to be a retard to believe that Weidman is the number 1 contender.

- Your "word play", calling him "Wide man" isn't impressive. It's also quite weak

if you read the whole post and not just the part that pertains to you (the part that says retard)' date=' you will see that I suggest Wide man fights Bisping in order to hype his resume up.

I want Wide man to fight Silva, i just dont want excuses when Silva beats another Top MW.[/quote']

Who cares about what half of this forum thinks? Most of them are trolls and don't know **** about mma.

Honestly, I really don't care that he said this. If Joe Silva and Dana White allow this to happen, then the blame is on them. I understand that Anderson wants his last 2 fights to be super-fights and Weidman can't give him that. If Dana and Joe have a problem with it, then they can force him to fight or strip him of the title and he can pursue whatever super-fight he chooses. It's not like Weidman has cleared the division and Silva is the only option for him.

Who cares about what half of this forum thinks? Most of them are trolls and don't know **** about mma.

the same Trolls that think Silva wont fight Wideman?

or Wont fight Chael again.

or wont fight Vitor

little known fact: Silva has been ducking every opponent he's beaten in the UFC apparently.

Honestly' date=' I really don't care that he said this. If Joe Silva and Dana White allow this to happen, then the blame is on them. I understand that Anderson wants his last 2 fights to be super-fights and Weidman can't give him that. If Dana and Joe have a problem with it, then they can force him to fight or strip him of the title and he can pursue whatever super-fight he chooses. It's not like Weidman has cleared the division and Silva is the only option for him.[/quote']

It's either Weidman or Bisping (who's on a 1 fight winning streak and poses no threat stylistically but is a much bigger name)

If Silva denies to fight both of them he should vacate the belt and quit crying.

Anderson could go on to beat JBJ and GSP then retire and trolls would say he ducked out of real competition like wideman.

Belcher could win his next fight impressively and trolls would say Anderson is ducking him now.

Bisping could finish Wideman, Anderson fights JBJ/GSP and trolls would say he ducked Bisping - the true threat.

Anderson could go on to finish Wideman and JBJ and trolls would say he ducked GSP.

.... this could go on forever.

Wideman should stop ducking Bisping, how bout them apples?

Anderson could go on to beat JBJ and GSP then retire and trolls would say he ducked out of real competition like wideman.

Belcher could win his next fight impressively and trolls would say Anderson is ducking him now.

Bisping could finish Wideman' date=' Anderson fights JBJ/GSP and trolls would say he ducked Bisping - the true threat.

Anderson could go on to finish Wideman and JBJ and trolls would say he ducked GSP.

Wideman should stop ducking Bisping, how bout them apples?[/quote']

Seems legit

It's either Weidman or Bisping (who's on a 1 fight winning streak and poses no threat stylistically but is a much bigger name)

If Silva denies to fight both of them he should vacate the belt and quit crying.

Who's crying, what about? :confused::confused::confused:

Honestly, it doesn't have to be either of them. You don't have to make somebody a number 1 contender just to have a number 1 contender. There's nothing wrong with somebody going the extra mile to actually prove that they are a number 1 contender while Silva gets his super-fights. I'd much rather watch Silva get his super-fights against people who are obviously elite, like GSP and Jones, then to watch him fight somebody who is unproven just because people think the belt has to be defended as soon as possible. Hasn't Silva had to go through enough forced number 1 contenders already? If Dana and Joe feel that the belt has to be defended and Silva doesn't, then strip him of the title and have your title fight between somebody else.

I believe it is Weidman crying about a title shot. Its been 6 months and the UFC brass has already told him no, but yet he keeps crying about it. The best part is that people are calling him out and he ducks fights with them, so he is in no position to cry about fighters choosing who they fight or ducking.

Bisping could finish Wideman' date=' Anderson fights JBJ/GSP and trolls would say he ducked Bisping - the true threat.

Wideman should stop ducking Bisping, how bout them apples?[/quote']

^This^

I believe it is Weidman crying about a title shot. Its been 6 months and the UFC brass has already told him no' date=' but yet he keeps crying about it. The best part is that people are calling him out and he ducks fights with them, so he is in no position to cry about fighters choosing who they fight or ducking.[/quote']

wideman should take a Vitor or Bisping fight and stfu (his fan too)

^This^

^

p4p post

I just can't imagine Silva making 170. I mean I know he has in the past' date=' but that was a long time ago. He would be a skeleton.[/quote']

He could.

He could even wait for the Hendricks/Kampmann winner to fight GSP so he'd have enough time to cut weight properly.

I really think that Silva needs to stop being a hypocrite, he doesn't want to go up in weight so he shouldn't be entitled and demand that GSP moves up.

He should vacate his belt since he doesn't want to face Weidman and fight GSP at 170.

It would be ridiculous for him to hold up the Middleweight belt for 1 year or so without being injured

Silva WILL take a Bisping fight, I'd bet everything I own on that. But after that, if he's not going to let contenders have shots at his belt when the UFC deems them ready, then he needs to vacate the belt and then take his super fights.

Holding up a belt just to focus primarily on super fights should be a no go. Fight the contenders when they prove to be contenders, or vacate the belt and test your mettle against whomever you want to fight that's crazy enough to get in there with you.

Archived