Jon Jones as a coach?

carnages

A couple points to make here. First, title fights against top competition is the best experience that a person can get. In that respect, he has more experience than most of the people on or off the UFC roster. I'll take the experience of 6 title fights over a guy beating 20 cans for my coach any day.

And second, can you even try to make the argument that he's less deserving of being a coach than Brock or Roy Nelson? TUF has become more about finding clowns that are mildly entertaining than finding guys that can be good coaches.

A couple points to make here. First' date=' title fights against top competition is the best experience that a person can get. In that respect, he has more experience than most of the people on or off the UFC roster. I'll take the experience of 6 title fights over a guy beating 20 cans for my coach any day.

And second, can you even try to make the argument that he's less deserving of being a coach than Brock or Roy Nelson? TUF has become more about finding clowns that are mildly entertaining than finding guys that can be good coaches.[/quote']

Even Jones beat Rashad by decision. How is Chael going to beat Jones? lol

I kind of agree...

He'll have more experience than anyone there for sure, even if he's coaching a 34 year old fighter, but having experience doesn't necessarily make you a good coach, it makes you a good fighter.

It'll be interesting to see, I was hoping for Sonnen vs Glover in a title eliminator if they beat their next opponents, oh well...:(

Sonnen has nothing for Jones, this is so ridiculous...

Even if he does take him down, no way is he going to keep him there for 5 rounds without Jones smply powering out or submitting him.

Makes no sense.

Is this a joke?

He can be a competitior on the show.....but a ****ing coach!?

The kid is 24' date=' he will have less experience and knowledge than the people he is supposed to train!

This is even more retarded than someone like Roidy Macdonald becoming coach[/quote']

I agree this whole thing is a joke especially the sonnen part......

Both Sonnen and Jones should be great coaches. Jones is extremely innovative in the cage and can pass on some unique tricks, and Sonnen is an olympic level wrestler with probably the best MMA wrestling in the UFC.

The only real problem here will be the lopsided coaches match

Both Sonnen and Jones should be great coaches. Jones is extremely innovative in the cage and can pass on some unique tricks' date=' and Sonnen is an olympic level wrestler with probably the best MMA wrestling in the UFC.

The only real problem here will be the lopsided coaches match[/quote']

When Jones is done coaching, his team should be ready for the UFC. When Chael's done coaching, his team should be ready for WWE. Maybe it's Dana's plan to have Chael teach acting and trash talk so fights can sell more easily in the future--for those who aren't entertained by fighting by itself.

When Jones is done coaching' date=' his team should be ready for the UFC. When Chael's done coaching, his team should be ready for WWE. Maybe it's Dana's plan to have Chael teach acting and trash talk so fights can sell more easily in the future--for those who aren't entertained by fighting by itself.[/quote']

Quit being a hater Doc. Persona or not, Chael should be a good coach

Quit being a hater Doc. Persona or not' date=' Chael should be a good coach[/quote']

That's being biased towards Chael. You honestly think:

1. Chael deserves it after coming off a loss in a lower division and not having to fight anyone at LHW first?

2. Chael will actually have a chance against Jones?

3. Other people aren't more deserving of a title shot?

Sure, I think he'll be an ok coach and his talking should boost rating for the failing TUF. But why him? Why should he get a crack at Jones? He whines and whines and trash talks....then it all comes crashing down on him.

this

it seems like the only reason Doc posts is to hate on Chael or post love towards Anderson and Jones

lol says the guy who worships the biggest baby and laziest fighter--Rampage Jackson. Not hate. Truth.

If Chael would have beaten a few top LHW's, I wouldn't have a problem....but really, you're smart, you should realize how dumb this fight really is.

That's being biased towards Chael. You honestly think:

1. Chael deserves it after coming off a loss in a lower division and not having to fight anyone at LHW first?

2. Chael will actually have a chance against Jones?

3. Other people aren't more deserving of a title shot?

Sure' date=' I think he'll be an ok coach and his talking should boost rating for the failing TUF. But why him? Why should he get a crack at Jones? He whines and whines and trash talks....then it all comes crashing down on him.[/quote']

I never said he deserved to be a coach against Jones, EVERYONE knows he doesn't, but that doesn't mean he'll be a bad trainer for these guys.

Honestly I don't give half a **** about TUF anymore because they flooded the market and now there are no decent prospects like there used to be. What we really need is another Comeback season with no official coaches so you can throw guys like Sonnen in there as guest trainers for a ratings bump.

lol says the guy who worships the biggest baby and laziest fighter--Rampage Jackson. Not hate. Truth.

If Chael would have beaten a few top LHW's' date=' I wouldn't have a problem....but really, you're smart, you should realize how dumb this fight really is.[/quote']

Chael is the only contendor left

Machida already lost to Jones, Hendo is a senior citizen, Gus lost to Jon Jones 0.5(Phil Davis), Jones would duck Glover

I never said he deserved to be a coach against Jones' date=' EVERYONE knows he doesn't, but that doesn't mean he'll be a bad trainer for these guys.

Honestly I don't give half a **** about TUF anymore because they flooded the market and now there are no decent prospects like there used to be. What we really need is another Comeback season with no official coaches so you can throw guys like Sonnen in there as guest trainers for a ratings bump.[/quote']

Chael being a coach on TUF is completely different from Sonnen getting a LHW title shot.

Sure, yeah, let him coach, should be great! But give him a title shot? Worse than Lesnar getting his.

Chael is the only contendor left

Machida already lost to Jones' date=' Hendo is a senior citizen, Gus lost to Jon Jones 0.5(Phil Davis), Jones would duck Glover[/quote']

You're addicted to trolling. Sad...lol

Let Chael fight Rampage.....oh wait, Rampage would get beat by Chael...hell, he'd probably duck Chael because Chael's a wrestler. And if he beats Rampage, then Chael would definitely deserve his title shot. lol, right...

UFC is such a mess.

You're addicted to trolling. Sad...lol

Let Chael fight Rampage.....oh wait' date=' Rampage would get beat by Chael...hell, he'd probably duck Chael because Chael's a wrestler. And if he beats Rampage, then Chael would definitely deserve his title shot. lol, right...

UFC is such a mess.[/quote']

Me trolling?

I'm not the one who thinks matching up a striker with a lay n pray artist a good matchup!

Does it really matter? TUF used to be very entertaining. The drama in the house was one of the biggest highlights of the show, but that's really dulled down lately. Seeing the crazy steps they go through to cut weight was always entertaining, but you don't really see that anymore. Plus, in the early seasons, they started with some fighters with literally no MMA experience, and you got to watch them grow into an MMA fighter. Now they take guys who have been fighting for years and try to make them better, and they don't seem that much different by the time they leave than they were when they got there.

TUF has become the equivalent of watching a local MMA event with a bunch of people you've never heard of. The thrill is gone.

You had no problem with Silva vs Sonnen. Keep trying...er trolling...or whatever it is you do here.

Yeah because they were the two best in the division......

Are you seriously trying to matchup Chael who has only lost to Anderson to Rampage who lost to ****ing Ryan Bader, half the wrestler chael is

UFC doesnt care about whos deserving anymore? Have you been awake this past month? Belfort Vs Jones, Bonnar Vs Silva. Fighters are turning into big babies. So whoever steps up and says they want a crack at JBJ they'll get it. If fighters like GUS,HENDO, GLOVER T, MACHIDA called dana and said they want to kick JBJ's *** and believed it im more than sure dana wouldve made it happen. But no, havent heard anyone else step up.

Archived