Who here gets starstruck?

I_told_you_so

Ok most people at some point in their lives get to meet or bump into someone 'famous' or well known. I would imagine a lot of people get really star struck and end up like a rabbit in the headlights. It is a bit silly when you think about it logically as after all, they are just the same as the rest of us mere mortals. Talk about worshipping false idols.

Ive met two presidents (Bush, Clinton), William Shatner, Hulk Hogan, a few musicians (Satriana, Albert Lee, Vinnie Moore, Dee Snider, Brad Gillis, Andy Timmons, bruce Kulick, etc..)

None were a "star struck" moment - though it was certainly interesting. Clinton was as cool as could be, Satriana is like meeting "yoda"..and Snider was perhaps the best to just shoot the bull with.

my grandpa was friends with one of the most known singers in the ex yu region ( enes begovic)

when enes just started singing he did so in a bar in my village and he didn't have a place to sleep and my grandpa invited him over to sleep at his house thus they became friends and played chess etc together for years

so last year he gave a concert at this same bar (notice this is a really big bar and very known accros the ex yu region)

after his finished this concert his bodyguards wanted to take him back home but no he recognized by grandpas children and grandchildren and came to sit at our table the whole night at talked to us like we where family in the begining i was very star struck but he playfully smacked me and told my why are you so shy and then he told me to order two beers for me and him certainly a highlight

I've met Arnold, Alan Autry from Heat of the Night, Roland Gardner and many more e.g. musicians/rock star - but the only one whom I bothered to take pictures with was Roland Gardner. I have no idea where that picture is now. But yeah, they are just ordinary people like us who happen to have more money.

Met a load of NUFC players and managers through fan events, Johnny Wilkinson randomly in the street, most of the Newcastle Eagles Basketball team (trained with a coaches son for a while). The only couple that really had me were Alan Shearer and Sir Bobby Robson, legends of the game

I was pretty starstruck when I met Arnold .. but I was 9

I've been around several famous poker players during my time as a dealer but there was no real "omg" moment .. they were just guys

Meeting the guys from Tool (minus Maynard) was pretty damn cool because it was essentially just them and 2 of my buddies sitting around talking

There are a few celebs that I could definitely say I would be starstruck to meet in real life.

I met Estonian billionare Endel Siff once, he came in my old place of work near SAS Institute with some guy that obviously was babysitting him and was obviously ******** his pants to make sure he was happy. He had a cold feeling about him, remember the encounter quite well .. the guy seemed like a James Bond villian it was pretty surreal.

Archived