could it be that everyone is scared of JBJ?

BruteDion

I mean this is really bad match making on the UFCs part giving cheal the shot at JBJ

BUT WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE BY THE OTHER LHW FIGHTERS..

I have not seen one tweet by a 205er being upset bout this...where is Gus...where is Lyoto...where is Shogun...where is Rashad...do none of these guys care that a loud mouthed 185er with no ufc LHW wins just leaped froged them?

Was cheal right when he said the 205ers are scared of him?...the only guys who I would not expect to step up right now are glover who just fought and Hendo who is hurt...but every other top 10 guy should be furious

Discuss

Maybe other fighters aren't attention ****** that need to hit twitter up every 5 minutes? Gustafsson obviously wants him and so does Glover... People throw out the "scared", BS far too often... do you actually think all of the LHW division is actually scared?

You talk like you're on the inside and know what's going on, you don't...

Maybe other fighters aren't attention ****** that need to hit twitter up every 5 minutes? Gustafsson obviously wants him and so does Glover... People throw out the "scared"' date=' BS far too often... do you actually think all of the LHW division is actually scared?

You talk like you're on the inside and know what's going on, you don't...[/quote']

So other fighters don't want to win a title and make a ton of money?

I think first and foremost it of course is about the $$$.

2ndly I dont think anyone wants to fight Jones atm.

Machida says his not ready yet, Hendo was injured, Shogun for sure doesn't want to fight Jones again.

And plus they needed coaches for the next TUF and who better to put up then Sonnen?

I think first and foremost it of course is about the $$$.

2ndly I dont think anyone wants to fight Jones atm.

Machida says his not ready yet' date=' Hendo was injured, Shogun for sure doesn't want to fight Jones again.

[b']And plus they needed coaches for the next TUF and who better to put up then Sonnen[/b]?

Here's the only thing I thought when I heard this was announced: "Really, another season of TUF?"

I mean this is really bad match making on the UFCs part giving cheal the shot at JBJ

BUT WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE BY THE OTHER LHW FIGHTERS..

Discuss

Like I just posted elsewhere, they know they should have picked up the phone back at 151. They know complaining about things now would make them look like a joke.

People act like the UFC only asked Chael. Let me ask you something. Do you believe that the UFC let a potential loss of millions of dollars in revenue simply slide because the Chael thing didn't work out? You think they didn't do everything they possibly could and talked to a truckload of fighters and managers before pulling the plug on 151.

Trust me, if there was any way to save that card with any LHW they would have done so. Fact of the matter is simply that guys weren't exactely waiting in line and the few or maybe just one, that were, got turned down by Bones.

They need TUF to bring in new talent and continue to expose the UFC to the world

The show has become a farce if you actually take a look at how they do the tryouts and selection process...

UFC say they invite anyone to come to the open tryouts for a shot at getting on the show, but the truth is that when UFC talent scout fighters they make them an offer with two choices:

1.) You jump straight into UFC on the 3 fight contract on the rising scale package ($6k+$6k fight one, $8k+$8k fight two, $10k+$10k fight three). But they are warned that UFC reserve the right to terminate that contract after only one or two fights in they deem it so.

2.) They go into the TUF show first for the chance to win a guaranteed contract worth $100k, but also are told they will get a chance to fight on the finale on a $8k+$8k basis whether they win the show or not. They are also sold on the fact of the additional exposure the show will give them and increased sponsorship they will get as a result, along with the bonuses they can win during the TUF season.

So all this BS they tell us that they see 300 guys in these open tryouts and whittle it down to just 16 is nonsense. Most TUF guys say after the show that they didnt even have to go to the tryouts, with some saying that were asked to attend but already knew they were getting on the show.

The show has become a farce if you actually take a look at how they do the tryouts and selection process...

UFC say they invite anyone to come to the open tryouts for a shot at getting on the show' date=' but the truth is that when UFC talent scout fighters they make them an offer with two choices:

1.) You jump straight into UFC on the 3 fight contract on the rising scale package ($6k+$6k fight one, $8k+$8k fight two, $10k+$10k fight three). But they are warned that UFC reserve the right to terminate that contract after only one or two fights in they deem it so.

2.) They go into the TUF show first for the chance to win a guaranteed contract worth $100k, but also are told they will get a chance to fight on the finale on a $8k+$8k basis whether they win the show or not. They are also sold on the fact of the additional exposure the show will give them and increased sponsorship they will get as a result, along with the bonuses they can win during the TUF season.

So all this BS they tell us that they see 300 guys in these open tryouts and whittle it down to just 16 is nonsense. Most TUF guys say after the show that they didnt even have to go to the tryouts, with some saying that were asked to attend but already knew they were getting on the show.[/quote']

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if the best guys are left out which is sad, because there has to be some crazy mofo out there who could be the next big thing

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if the best guys are left out which is sad' date=' because there has to be some crazy mofo out there who could be the next big thing[/quote']

If they see someone good, they keep a note of him for the future, whether it be TUF or putting them straight on a card.

Vaughn Lee was a great example of this. The kid impressed Dana massively on the tuf tryouts because Dana offered the guys $500 per tapout they got and Vaughn tapped like 6 guys in a row so Dana had to give him $3000!

Vaughn however did not get selected for the show in the end, but was told by UFC officials on the day to keep fighting on the regional circuits here in the UK, get a couple more wins on his record, and they would contact him in the future and put him straight onto a card. 7 months later (and one win) he got the call and a match-up on the UFC 138 card!

My point is though, that he never actually had a shot at getting onto the TUF show because they had already pre-selected the fighters. The tryouts were purely for 'show' and used as a way to scout guys for future TUF shows and future UFC cards

Maybe other fighters aren't attention ****** that need to hit twitter up every 5 minutes? Gustafsson obviously wants him and so does Glover... People throw out the "scared"' date=' BS far too often... do you actually think all of the LHW division is actually scared?

You talk like you're on the inside and know what's going on, you don't...[/quote']

So other fighters don't want to win a title and make a ton of money?

^this to.you chons

If Gus what's it why is he not jumping up....he only said something after 151 got cancelled...he knew they were looking for a fight for Jon Jones and TUF would have been a chance for him to get American fans like they did for JDS

He should be tweeting up a storm that cheal is getting not only his title shot but his exposure,money....

Who is known more in the MMA world?...chael

Who makes more money between the two?...chael

Who is more talented?...Gus

To me this is.messed up...it should have been Gus fight but he seems to not care

Worst part is I think he cam beat Jones

^this to.you chons

If Gus what's it why is he not jumping up....he only said something after 151 got cancelled...he knew they were looking for a fight for Jon Jones and TUF would have been a chance for him to get American fans like they did for JDS

He should be tweeting up a storm that cheal is getting not only his title shot but his exposure' date='money....

Who is known more in the MMA world?...chael

Who makes more money between the two?...chael

Who is more talented?...Gus

To me this is.messed up...it should have been Gus fight but he seems to not care

Worst part is I think he cam beat Jones[/quote']

Well, the same thing I told him... Where did I say a thing about other fighters not wanting to make money?

How do you know Gus (or anybody else for that matter), isn't jumping up? You haven't explained all this inside info you have that tells you "everybody is scared", of JJ... It's ****ing silly man, silly as in not funny, but dumb.

where is Lyoto...where is Shogun...

They were just offered a shot and turned it down

I do think there are quite a few people that want to wait until they get their shot...they know it is going to take some serious training to have a legit shot and they don't want to rush it

Well' date=' the same thing I told him... Where did I say a thing about other fighters not wanting to make money?

How do you know Gus (or anybody else for that matter), isn't jumping up? You haven't explained all this inside info you have that tells you "everybody is scared", of JJ... It's ****ing silly man, silly as in not funny, but dumb.[/quote']

It sayin that indirectly...if they don't take the fight then they do t want the money...facts are you make a lot of money fighting for a title and if they dont take it they dont make that money (or yet if it comes later but that's no guarantee just look at Pete spratt)

I don't know of he is jumping up as a fact...what I do know if that a title fight is going down that Gus is not involved in with him getting leaped frogged

If he was jumping ul then say you were Gus...he said he would like to fight Jones but is showing he does not care that Sonnen is

If you wanna play the pitty "you don't know that game" then you dont know if he's not scared:p

If they see someone good' date=' they keep a note of him for the future, whether it be TUF or putting them straight on a card.

Vaughn Lee was a great example of this. The kid impressed Dana massively on the tuf tryouts because Dana offered the guys $500 per tapout they got and Vaughn tapped like 6 guys in a row so Dana had to give him $3000!

Vaughn however did not get selected for the show in the end, but was told by UFC officials on the day to keep fighting on the regional circuits here in the UK, get a couple more wins on his record, and they would contact him in the future and put him straight onto a card. 7 months later (and one win) he got the call and a match-up on the UFC 138 card!

My point is though, that he never actually had a shot at getting onto the TUF show because they had already pre-selected the fighters. The tryouts were purely for 'show' and used as a way to scout guys for future TUF shows and future UFC cards[/quote']

Man what a joke. I have not watched one of these shows in a while and I am not about to start now.

It sayin that indirectly...if they don't take the fight then they do t want the money...facts are you make a lot of money fighting for a title and if they dont take it they dont make that money (or yet if it comes later but that's no guarantee just look at Pete spratt)

I don't know of he is jumping up as a fact...what I do know if that a title fight is going down that Gus is not involved in with him getting leaped frogged

If he was jumping ul then say you were Gus...he said he would like to fight Jones but is showing he does not care that Sonnen is

If you wanna play the pitty "you don't know that game" then you dont know if he's not scared:p

So, you are saying that Jones was afraid of Chael for 151, and everybody else that offered to fight him that he turned down? Jones must also be afraid of Cormier and Silva as well, right?

Archived