Funny thing about Chael-Jones

MMAJess

If Chael wins this fight, he'll get to get his *** kicked by Silva for a different belt. :D And I think that's why the UFC did this. Since Silva won't fight Jones, they're praying Chael wins so they can have another hugely marketable fight for Silva before he retires.

Silva/Sonnen saga is done. Silva is 2-0 and convincingly put him away last time. I definitely have no interest in a 3rd. The UFC made this fight knowing Jones will rape another big name and rise his stock even more.

Possibly. But if Chael does find a way to win, there's no doubt who his first challenger would be. Silva-Sonnen 3 would definitely happen whether you want it to or not. And they'd do it for the same reason you said - to raise Silva's stock by saying he won gold in 2 divisions.

If Chael wins this fight' date=' he'll get to get his *** kicked by Silva for a different belt. :D And I think that's why the UFC did this. Since Silva won't fight Jones, they're praying Chael wins so they can have another hugely marketable fight for Silva before he retires.[/quote']

OP has gone full retard

Being that you are speculating at best' date=' I'd say none of it.[/quote']
If Chael wins this fight' date=' he'll get to get his *** kicked by Silva for a different belt. :D And I think that's why the UFC did this. Since Silva won't fight Jones, they're praying Chael wins so they can have another hugely marketable fight for Silva before he retires.[/quote']

Well lets see here - Chael is fighting Jones, so that part's true. There is a chance Chael could win, so that's true too. If he does, his most likely opponent would be Silva, also true. Silva is 2-0 vs. Chael, so simple reasoning would suggest Silva would probably win. As for why the UFC did this, if you can come up with a better explanation that makes more sense, I'm all ears.

I would have to say it all goes beyond speculation and leans more toward common sense, if not blindingly obvious.

Silva/Sonnen saga is done. Silva is 2-0 and convincingly put him away last time. I definitely have no interest in a 3rd. The UFC made this fight knowing Jones will rape another big name and rise his stock even more.

100% agree.

Keep on saying that UFC will start to make some sort of "cold war" between Silva and Jones by giving both same fighters and seeing who does better.

i.e: Silva was given Bonnar and showed he did what Jones didnt

Jones will be given Sonnen

Heard of Evans dropping to MW to fight Anderson ..

Go figure

Well lets see here - Chael is fighting Jones' date=' so that part's true. There is a chance Chael could win, so that's true too. If he does, his most likely opponent would be Silva, also true. Silva is 2-0 vs. Chael, so simple reasoning would suggest Silva would probably win. As for why the UFC did this, if you can come up with a better explanation that makes more sense, I'm all ears.

I would have to say it all goes beyond speculation and leans more toward common sense, if not blindingly obvious.[/quote']

I'm sorry, this guy had it right the first time.

OP has gone full retard

Well lets see here - Chael is fighting Jones' date=' so that part's true. There is a chance Chael could win, so that's true too. If he does, his most likely opponent would be Silva, also true. Silva is 2-0 vs. Chael, so simple reasoning would suggest Silva would probably win. As for why the UFC did this, if you can come up with a better explanation that makes more sense, I'm all ears.

I would have to say it all goes beyond speculation and leans more toward common sense, if not blindingly obvious.[/quote']

Better reason is that Sonnen would pull big numbers as a coach on tuf and right now other than Silva, he has chirped Jones... Even though Jones vs Sonnen interests me 0% the season of TUF is going to be funny

Archived