Sign in to follow this  
Jgrif

Fedor Returning

Just saw this on five knuckles. Fedor is going to ask facebook fans if he should return to MMA

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Fedor-Emelianenko-asks-fans-on-Facebook-if-he-should-return-to-mixed-martial-arts.html

Not sure if posted or not. I would probably buy a Fedor fight if he dropped weight. I have no interest in watching him get dominated by bigger heavyweights

Does it really matter? the dude ain't going to fight in the UFC anyway...where is he going to go?

Dude even got cut from SF.

His options really are to stay retired or come back and finally join the UFC, even if it's only 3 fights. Would love to see him vs the top 3 heavyweights right now

Cormier is looking for an opponent as everyone seems to be either injured or scared at the moment

With a Barnett style slam preceding that.

this too :)

although Cormier has his own style slam

Just saw this on five knuckles. Fedor is going to ask facebook fans if he should return to MMA

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Fedor-Emelianenko-asks-fans-on-Facebook-if-he-should-return-to-mixed-martial-arts.html

Not sure if posted or not. I would probably buy a Fedor fight if he dropped weight. I have no interest in watching him get dominated by bigger heavyweights

Yes, come back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see him join the UFC...no matter where he's at in his career rankings-wise now, it would be exciting to see him fight

Unless he's going to stop ducking the UFC he can stay retired. Otherwise bring him in and let Struve strangle him so we can send him off as the overrated bum he is.

oh yeah...overrated is a guy who went on a 10-year unbeaten streak against guys who outweigh him by 50 pounds

i'm genuinely curious, how many fedor fights have you seen when he was in his prime?

I wish he'd come back, but not if he just wants to fight cans again (like his most recent three-fight "win streak").

Fedor was great back in the day, but he just didn't evolve with the game. I don't think it's an issue of him being past his prime - it's an issue of the game having passed him by. Japanese MMA and PRIDE athletes typically didn't cut as much weight as today's MMA fighters do (not always, at least). Coming from the American tradition where guys have been cutting tons of weight since their high school wrestling days, today's MMA has guys walking around at weights far above their class.

Fedor is a tiny heavyweight and even a small light-heavyweight. Most of the LHW's in the UFC are bigger than Fedor is. I truly believe that if he was serious, got in with a trainer & dietician, he could slim down to around 200lbs and then make the weight cut to 185lbs. But, Fedor was never a weight cutter and has never seemed interested in fighting at any other weight other than heavy, unfortunately.

If he came to the UFC, he'd probably drop two or three in a row to mid-tier heavyweights and get cut. However, if he truly recommitted himself to the sport and came into a lower weight class with a new camp, I think he could do fairly well.

I wish he'd come back' date=' but not if he just wants to fight cans again (like his most recent three-fight "win streak").

Fedor was great back in the day, but he just didn't evolve with the game. I don't think it's an issue of him being past his prime - it's an issue of the game having passed him by. Japanese MMA and PRIDE athletes typically didn't cut as much weight as today's MMA fighters do (not always, at least). Coming from the American tradition where guys have been cutting tons of weight since their high school wrestling days, today's MMA has guys walking around at weights far above their class.

Fedor is a tiny heavyweight and even a small light-heavyweight. Most of the LHW's in the UFC are bigger than Fedor is. I truly believe that if he was serious, got in with a trainer & dietician, he could slim down to around 200lbs and then make the weight cut to 185lbs. But, Fedor was never a weight cutter and has never seemed interested in fighting at any other weight other than heavy, unfortunately.

If he came to the UFC, he'd probably drop two or three in a row to mid-tier heavyweights and get cut. However, if he truly recommitted himself to the sport and came into a lower weight class with a new camp, I think he could do fairly well.[/quote']

Fedor is kind of like brock...he has all the talent in the world to be a legit, but because he's such a high profile fighter, he left when he wasn't champ

I saw the title and thought he was returning to Sambo. Fedor got cut from strikeforce and Dana said he's not coming to the UFC. I guess he can fight some no name somewhere since it is his life but I doubt he will ever be in a relevant fight in MMA ever again.

I saw the title and thought he was returning to Sambo. Fedor got cut from strikeforce and Dana said he's not coming to the UFC. I guess he can fight some no name somewhere since it is his life but I doubt he will ever be in a relevant fight in MMA ever again.

You not see the interview on fuel? Trust me if they could sign him to a deal they will. Fedor is still a considerable draw in Asia and Russia where the ufc is trying to expand. Instead of having to bank on the Russian fighters they have developing before moving into Russia they could put Fedor In a headliner vs someone and it would sell out instantly.

The ONLY reason why Fedor did so good in Japan was because The Yakuza didn't want to deal with The Russian Mob that's why Fedor won so many times. But when it was found out that The Yakuza was running things in PRIDE and a LEGIT Business in the UFC took it over and kicked everything out. So Fedor no longer had his Russian ties fixing fights for him. He is a competition ducking bum that is overrated and fights cans like Hong Man Choi when he was the so called NUMBER ONE fighter in the world. What a joke.

roflmao

Vh7NG.jpg

Man landing on the moon was fake too. Good call out here.

Cute, but the name is still too long and your screwing up my page layout.

Here's an idea, change your name from a half page rant about Fedor to , oh I don't know, how about "Monkey Brain Buffoon", it says exactly the same thing about you and doesn't disturb the rest of the world nearly as much.

Let's cut the bull ****. This topic is about Fedor. Stop ducking the thread and trying to change the subject to unnecessary crap that your trying to spew from your filthy gingivitis infected mouth. This forum has gotten soft over the years. No wonder nobody posts here anymore. Geezus christ.

Relax Big_Roy_Fan.

This isn't about Fedor.

This is about a 13 yr old pre-pubescent sitting in his Mom's basement trying to get his jollies and prove his "coolness" by badmouthing one of the greatest names ever in the sport of MMA and his "individuality" by taking the very same unpopular opinion as every other ridiculous child doing the same thing as him.

Yep your right, topic ducked, no quotes, blah blah blah...

your name is still too long and it messes up the page layout, I am doing a public service until your inevitable RE-ban.

blah blah blah...

your name's too long....

blah blah blah....

and congrats on that "win", be proud of your accomplishments, especially if they only exist in your head.

Anthony Pettis is the second most overrated fighter in the world. But this thread is about Fedor so I won't try to take control of it. Make a thread about it and I will debate you to the death. You won't do it. Come at me bro.

p.s. Take that overrated avatar off.

lol who would you have as an avator then. Pettis will be champ very soon. Thread coming at a later date be ready practice your debate skills noob because you are gunna get schooled.

Cro Cop is almost as overrated as Fedor. Make a thread about Cro Cop and I will destroy you in it. The facts always win. And I will ALWAYS win. You don't want none. You better be lucky K1 is fixed to try and let Cro Cop win in that Grand Prix. A bunch of mid-tier kickboxers. Where is Peter Aerts? Semmy Schilt? Saki? No success in the UFC and success back in Asia? Super fixed fights.

p.s. Cro Cop ducking Le banner..An aging Le banner at that.

tumblr_mbpbmk1NiJ1qixtck.jpg

p.s you suck. you **** sucking *****.

The truth hurts doesn't it? You better hope Cro Cop never fights one of those top guys. Ghita will eat him.

LoL i never said he would beat ghita did I ? even though prime cro cop would beat him.!

you're just a butthurt and probably a gay 12 year old molested from his stepdad depressed ***** that thinks he can get attention on the internet by talking about fighters that have done more in 1 year of their life than you EVER will have done.

-You suck

- you're gay

- you most likely got molested and butt****ed by your stepdad

- you never had a girlfriend

if at least 4 of those statements fit, quote this.

No' date=' you never said it. But I said it. Ghita would EAT that man. Their is a reason why Cro Cop hopped into MMA. He couldn't keep up with the strikers in K1. FACT. Cro Cop had fixed fights in Pride. FACT. Mr. "Alberto Del Rio" has admitted that he took a fall because he was paid to take a fall. FACT. Cro Cop is hugely overrated and couldn't last in the UFC and had to resort to fixed fights in Asia to be relevant again. FACT. Tis da troof. You can't andle mah riddum'.[/quote']

your name pisses me off because it is long.

who the hell is Fedor_Is_A_Overrated_Can_Crushing_Bum_Who_Ducks_The_UFC_And_Legit_Competition

Who the **** cares is the real question guy is a bad troll.

Que "Wanderlei is a can make a thread I will school you with no facts at all just any **** I think of that makes him look bad":D no thanks wouldn't waste my time on you.