The REAL reason Anderson Silva stepped up to fight Bonnar

Dopexot

Anderson Silva, a person that doesn't need any kind of introduction for the most UFC-fans, well better said; for the brainwashed people.

Let's be honest, Anders Silva is good, he is really, really good. Just like all the other fighters in the UFC are. If they weren't, they were never allowed to compete in the UFC, right? The reason some of them look like garbage, is because it's a competition, and in a competition they get compared to each other.

So for example; Krillin. Krillin would've beat the **** out of us all If he really was alive, BUT; compared to Goku the best man looks like ****. (no offense lovely boldhead, we all love you.)

That said, my next point; the UFC is an MMA organization. MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts like we all know so you have to have a large skillset to compete in MMA. Of course, based of which talent you have (either Muay Thai, Wrestling, Judo or Taekwondo) and based on your main-sport, the martial art you BEGAN with.

Anderson Silva is a excellent striker, and his BJJ is decent. Well let's see which fighters Silva fought in the last couple of years;

Forrest Griffin SUCKS in wrestling

Demian Maia SUCKS in wrestling

Chael Sonnen (x2)

Vitor Belfort SUCKS in wrestling

Yushin Okami SUCKS in wrestling

Stephan Bonnar SUCKS in wrestling

Well; saying they suck in wrestling is maybe a bit too harsh, but I'm just trying to make a point:

Anderson Silva: a tremendous striker who sucks in wrestling DUCKS everyone, except people that ALSO SUCK IN WRESTLING.

I know most of you people hate on Chael Sonnen, I'm honest; I really like the guy, but I'm trying to be as objective as possible. We cannot deny that Chael dominated Anderson Silva for 4 and a half rounds, putted him on his back and grounded and pounded on him for 4.5 (!) rounds, but Anderson Silva did a smart job finding a hole in his game and submitting him in the last 2 minutes.

Chael Sonnen was 2 (!) minutes away from beating the guy, that in all of you guys eyes' is the GOAT? Are you kidding me?

The next bout; let's be short about that, in my opinion Silva was both lucky and committed foul play.

But now I want to get to my point: The reason that Anderson Silva fought Stephan Bonnar, was because of the fact that he wanted to pick a easy fight so he didn't have to defeat his Middleweight-belt in the near future.

To be honest, if he fights GSP, all talk of him ducking and ducking wrestlers goes away

He definitely has taken easy fights (compared to how good he is) and I think that people need to acknowledge that without obsessing about it.

We all know by now that Jones is a little overly-****y, Silva has taken some easy fights, and GSP has been boring. They are the three best fighters on the PLANET...people just need to realize that we as humans are not perfect and stop harping on these people's faults.

Can any of you who throw judgements say they are perfect?

Serious question...someone answer that for me please...are you perfect?????

To be honest' date=' if he fights GSP, all talk of him ducking and ducking wrestlers goes away

He definitely has taken easy fights (compared to how good he is) and I think that people need to acknowledge that without obsessing about it.

We all know by now that Jones is a little overly-****y, Silva has taken some easy fights, and GSP has been boring. They are the three best fighters on the PLANET...people just need to realize that we as humans are no perfect and stop harping on these people's faults.

Can any of you who throw judgements say they are perfect?[/quote']

GSP's wrestling is subpar at best, he was originally a striker, he has only wrestled cans like Hardy and Alves

Because Anderson isn't chasing anybody he is considered ducking fighters like Jones for example is ridiculous. Anderson is the P4P best he shouldn't have to be chasing anyone. Fighters should be chasing him. As far as only taking easy fights against fighters that suck at wrestling, most of the guys you mentioned are black belts in BJJ. Which as we just learned from Big Nog vs. Dave Herman that BJJ works against wrestlers. Anderson's real reason to step up and fight Bonnar was to save the event and Bonnar was the only guy available. Bonnar has proven to be a tough fighter, not the best, but very tough. His loses has only been by decisions. And for Anderson to finish him in the fashion that he did only again speaks volumes on how greatly gifted he is. Whether you appreciate him or hate him, bottom line, is he is the best.

Anderson Silva' date=' a person that doesn't need any kind of introduction for the most UFC-fans, well better said; for the brainwashed people.

Let's be honest, Anders Silva is good, he is really, really good. Just like all the other fighters in the UFC are. If they weren't, they were never allowed to compete in the UFC, right? The reason some of them look like garbage, is because it's a competition, and in a competition they get compared to each other.

So for example; Krillin. Krillin would've beat the **** out of us all If he really was alive, BUT; compared to Goku the best man looks like ****. (no offense lovely boldhead, we all love you.)

That said, my next point; the UFC is an MMA organization. MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts like we all know so you have to have a large skillset to compete in MMA. Of course, based of which talent you have (either Muay Thai, Wrestling, Judo or Taekwondo) and based on your main-sport, the martial art you BEGAN with.

Anderson Silva is a excellent striker, and his BJJ is decent. Well let's see which fighters Silva fought in the last couple of years;

Chael Sonnen (x2)

Well; saying they suck in wrestling is maybe a bit too harsh, but I'm just trying to make a point:

Anderson Silva: a tremendous striker who sucks in wrestling DUCKS everyone, except people that ALSO SUCK IN WRESTLING.

I know most of you people hate on Chael Sonnen, I'm honest; I really like the guy, but I'm trying to be as objective as possible. We cannot deny that Chael dominated Anderson Silva for 4 and a half rounds, [b']putted[/b] him on his back and grounded and pounded on him for 4.5 (!) rounds, but Anderson Silva did a smart job finding a hole in his game and submitting him in the last 2 minutes.

Chael Sonnen was 2 (!) minutes away from beating the guy, that in all of you guys eyes' is the GOAT? Are you kidding me?

The next bout; let's be short about that, in my opinion Silva was both lucky and committed foul play.

But now I want to get to my point: The reason that Anderson Silva fought Stephan Bonnar, was because of the fact that he wanted to pick a easy fight so he didn't have to defeat his Middleweight-belt in the near future.

Putted....AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

why is everyone ridin Weidman's nuts? he has only looked good against a hurt and not so great Munoz.

people like it when someone has an undefeated record...truthfully Weidman is like sonnen, not really a top contender but got a win over the top contender

chael got the win over marquardt

weidman got the win over munoz

To be honest' date=' if he fights GSP, all talk of him ducking and ducking wrestlers goes away

We all know by now that Jones is a little overly-****y, Silva has taken some easy fights, and GSP has been boring. They are the three best fighters on the PLANET...people just need to realize that we as humans are not perfect and stop harping on these people's faults.

Can any of you who throw judgements say they are perfect?

Serious question...someone answer that for me please...are you perfect?????[/quote']

Good post.

To provide another view into the matter I offer this:

The weight classes. GSP is WW, Silva is MW and sometimes LHW. You could say that they are pretty similar in height, reach and out-of-competition weight. But let?s not, because a lot of people on this forum say that if you make weight, that is all that matters. So you could say Silva is 1,5 weight classes bigger, which negates GSP?s wrestling and thus Jones is way too dangerous.

And my personal opinion? I don?t like that Silva takes easy fights when he can. He is the second greatest fighter (Jones is #1 - I?m obliged to say that until he loses ;)), so he should seek out the best opponents, forget "legacy", title, money. I don?t support the idea that a champion doesn?t need to challenge anyone, but wait for contenders come to him.

Anderson Silva' date=' a person that doesn't need any kind of introduction for the most UFC-fans, well better said; for the brainwashed people.

Chael Sonnen (x2)

I know most of you people hate on Chael Sonnen, I'm honest; I really like the guy, but I'm trying to be as objective as possible. We cannot deny that Chael dominated Anderson Silva for 4 and a half rounds, putted him on his back and grounded and pounded on him for 4.5 (!) rounds, but Anderson Silva did a smart job finding a hole in his game and submitting him in the last 2 minutes.

But now I want to get to my point: [b']The reason that Anderson Silva fought Stephan Bonnar, was because of the fact that he wanted to pick a easy fight so he didn't have to defeat his Middleweight-belt in the near future.[/b]

Lol....You're talking out both sides of your mouth. You're complaining that he doesn't fight great wrestlers yet still complains when he beats your guy that was 2 minutes away from beating Anderson (a good wrestler...look at is Wrestling stats )? Wait...he beat him twice AND he beat Olympic wrestler Dan Henderson ON THE GROUND. Silva is the greatest of all time. You've been schooled. The End.

Stephan Bonnar was a weight class higher and deserves more respect than you're giving him.

Chael Sonnen (x2)

But now I want to get to my point: [b']The reason that Anderson Silva fought Stephan Bonnar, was because of the fact that he wanted to pick a easy fight so he didn't have to defeat his Middleweight-belt in the near future.[/b]

Stopped reading when you started making comparisons to Goku and MMA.

Nice posting OP but ....

We gotta quit picking on the champions do you know why ? It is Wedmans job (using the kid as example) to climb the stair towards Anderson by beating top contenders, sorry.

It is the entire division job to be ready and prepared and use the opportunities when it comes. Maybe thats why we use the slang "title SHOT" ?! Like, you cant blow it when it comes for you.

Just to give you another example OP: everybody (not me) was like "Oh, Lombard will beat Silva, blah, blah, blah ..." yes, Lombard was going to have the chance of doing so IF HE DIDNT SUCK against Boestch. See ?

We really gotta stop blaming/picking on the champions and undersstand that they are the champions simply because the competitors couldnt beat them or didnt even made a good job enough to get a title shot.

More examples: Look at Shields at GSP fight. Vitor not bullrushing at Jones when we all expected him doing so as chance to beat Jones, etc, etc.

Lol....You're talking out both sides of your mouth. You're complaining that he doesn't fight great wrestlers yet still complains when he beats your guy that was 2 minutes away from beating Anderson (a good wrestler...look at is Wrestling stats )? Wait...he beat him twice AND he beat Olympic wrestler Dan Henderson ON THE GROUND. Silva is the greatest of all time. You've been schooled. The End.

Stephan Bonnar was a weight class higher and deserves more respect than you're giving him.

You make some good points, but the last sentence is wrong.

Archived