LHW rankings vs possible title shot

Buttons

I see people here starting to ***** about Chael getting the TUF job and a title shot...

But is there really some other option?

1. Hendo. Hendo ****ed an entire card by not letting the UFC know he got hurt... And he needs more time to recupirate.. he aint exacly young.. Also.. is he really deserving of the title shot.. he got it by winning a weak SF title and by being a big name from 5-10 years ago..

2. Matchida.. Lyoto was next in line a while back, but said no to fighting on short notice and got bumped down... But did he really deserve a shot... He aint exacly been on a huge winning streak lately..

3. Shogun... Shogun won the title by getting an rematch he maybe should not have recieved... After he won the title he lost it and then had a war with Hendo... Nothing else he has done the last years should be enough for any title shots (forrest or Vera)... Shogun needs to get 2-3 more wins under his belt...

4. Gustaffson. Alexander said a year ago that he did not feel ready for a title shot... Even if he has started to talk about it now, he is not there yet.. If he crushes Shogun he might be.. But he should have one more big name..

5. Cormier... Cormier still has not fought at 205 and nobody knows how weak he will be there... to make it simple: He does not deserve a title shot... Remeber that the two fighters he beat to be the SF Tournament Champ was BigFoot and Warmachine... none of them are exacly top 5 HWs...

6. Chael.. Chael got smacked by Anderson after getting a rematch after two victories (one good fight in Stann and one he should have lost in Bisping)... He has not fought at 205 in the UFC and should not get any title fights... but then again.. he sellls PPVs.... So if nobody else deserves a shot, he at least makes Dana some money...

7. Rashad.. Rashad looked incredible against Davies but got tooled by JBJ... He needs to beat at least two or three top 10 LHWs before he should get any new shot...

And who else is there?

The LHW division is weak, have to few fighters and JBJ is just to good... The UFC needs to build this division.. It was the divsion that made the UFC famous through TUF with Forrest and Bonnar, and the Iceman and Tito...

It is strange that the UFC does not see that they make less money and gets less "buzz" on cards with mostly smaller weight classes... They should spend time and money now to build a solid 205 division and build real contenders instead of having to settle for MWs and people on 1 or 2 fight winning streaks...

OP you are making things more complicated than they really are.

Make Hendo vs Machida like January or even december

Meanwhile, why not a Jones fight at HW ?

Also, Jones could wait for the Hendo/Machida winner considering his injury anyways.

If Hendo/Machida would happen until december (which I heard it would) the winner could fight Jones in April easily and in case Machida would not be able to fight Jones in April (yes Machida will beat Hendo) then why not Shogun/Gus winner facing Jones in April ?!

Anyone deserves more a shot at Jones than Sonnen ATM, sorry. Even Glover does !

1. Hendo. Hendo ****ed an entire card by not letting the UFC know he got hurt... And he needs more time to recupirate.. he aint exacly young.. Also.. is he really deserving of the title shot.. he got it by winning a weak SF title and by being a big name from 5-10 years ago..

I actually agree with you. Hendo was the main culprit for the card being canceled...why would he wait 2 weeks to let the UFC know he can't fight...I think he had foul play with chael and chael was trying to get extra time to train for jones. Hendo doesn't have the best shot and a lot of people wanted to see him win' date=' but I have no problem seeing him fight one more LHW before a title shot

2. Matchida.. Lyoto was next in line a while back, but said no to fighting on short notice and got bumped down... But did he really deserve a shot... He aint exacly been on a huge winning streak lately..

In terms of being able to win, yes he deserves the shot. In terms of giving it to him right away, no he does not deserve an immediate shot. However, I would much rather see him get the shot than Chael because he's a former champ and has a legitimate claim at deserving another shot

Also, I think Dana screwed him over because he wouldn't take the fight on short notice

So, I do think Machida deserves a shot

3. Shogun... Shogun won the title by getting an rematch he maybe should not have recieved... After he won the title he lost it and then had a war with Hendo... Nothing else he has done the last years should be enough for any title shots (forrest or Vera)... Shogun needs to get 2-3 more wins under his belt...

No way he deserves a shot after his first performance against Jones...he needs to string together an impressive series of wins

4. Gustaffson. Alexander said a year ago that he did not feel ready for a title shot... Even if he has started to talk about it now' date=' he is not there yet.. If he crushes Shogun he might be.. But he should have one more big name..[/quote']

I would say that he deserves a shot. Along with Machida, he has been the most successful and has the most legitimate claim to giving Jones a realistic challenge

Archived