Jones vs sonnen = silva vs sonnen 1 ?

RodrigoRua

I believe Jones will destroy Sonnen, yes I do.

But we all gotta remember we had the same opinion on Silva vs Sonnen 1 folks !!!

Truth is we havent seen Jones facing a guy on Sonnens wrestling level, a guy who brings the fight and will be for sure on Jones head and ears until April.

We will see Jones in another situation this time around. Sonne will be prepared and will be willing to take punishmente to give punishment !!!

Questions we should ask is:

1. How will Jones behave with the trash talking ?

2. How will Jones behave after being lets say 3 rounds on his back ?

3. How will Jones react when he notice he couldnt stop Sonnens TD ?

Anyways, we have learned a lot about Sonnen !!!

I believe Jones will destroy Sonnen' date=' yes I do.

But we all gotta remember we had the same opinion on Silva vs Sonnen 1 folks !!!

Truth is we havent seen Jones facing a guy on Sonnens wrestling level, a guy who brings the fight and will be for sure on Jones head and ears until April.

We will see Jones in another situation this time around. Sonne will be prepared and will be willing to take punishmente to give punishment !!!

Anyways, we have learned a lot about Sonnen !!![/quote']

I don't think you've watched enough MMA

Sonnen tested positive for elevated testosterone after that Silva match...so we have to question if foul play had something to do with the way the fight played out

Also, Jones has 1,000,000 times better wrestling than Silva and has never been taken down in his UFC career

I don't think you've watched enough MMA

Sonnen tested positive for elevated testosterone after that Silva match...so we have to question if foul play had something to do with the way the fight played out

Also' date=' Jones has 1,000,000 times better wrestling than Silva and has never been taken down in his UFC career[/quote']

Yes, I have watched enough MMA to not ignore any of those professional fighter and their skills my friend.

I also dont know if you have the right reading skills to see that I mentioned I think Jones will destroy Sonnen, right on the beggining of the thread.

My points is that we cant deny that Sonnen was by far the hardest challenge Silva had on his UFC career. If Sonnen gave any sort of trouble to Anderson why not Jones ?

If in one hand Jones has a great TDD in another hand he hasnt faced a wrestler like Sonnen either.

Bader- Far from Sonnens wrestling

Shogun and Rampage- Pure strikers with no TD skills

Machida- Same as above

Evans- Until this day I dont get it how he didnt try more TDs on that fight !! But as you could see, Evans is an elite wrestler and wasnt put on his back by Jones like others were and that tell me a lot on how Sonnen could be a problem for Jones.

Silva had hurt ribs for the first Sonnen fight.

Anyone who dis-believes this, watch Silva vs Sonnen 2 :rolleyes:

Jones has a wrestling base and is significantly larger than Sonnen with Dhalsim limbs, so he is A. very unlikely to be able to take Jones down, and B. even if he does take him down he has been exposed many times as being susceptable to submissions and Jones has the long limbs capable of choking him out in no time at all

JBJ finishes this fight in round one

1. By getting mad and pummel his aggression out on Chaels face

2. Easiest question. He will not behave at all after 3 rounds on his back, since Chael face will be pummeled into a pulp round 1 and elbows will end this at the very latest, mid round 2...

3. By stopping them?

Speak for yourself, mofo. Silva's fanboys just didn't see the obvious hole in Silva's game, I.E. getting taken down easily. Then Silva was able to train TDD for two years and stuff Sonnen's takedowns in their second fight. It aint rocket science.

Anyway, this fight isn't going to be anything like Silva vs Sonnen 1 or 2. It's going to be Jones stuffing takedowns and using his range for 25 minutes.

Silva had hurt ribs for the first Sonnen fight.

Anyone who dis-believes this' date=' watch Silva vs Sonnen 2 :rolleyes:

Jones has a wrestling base and is significantly larger than Sonnen with Dhalsim limbs, so he is A. very unlikely to be able to take Jones down, and B. even if he does take him down he has been exposed many times as being susceptable to submissions and Jones has the long limbs capable of choking him out in no time at all

JBJ finishes this fight in round one[/quote']

really dude? please watch silva sonnen 2 again because it was the exact same as silva sonnen 1. until chael failed at the worst spinning backfist in MMA history and just sat on his butt against the cage like a moron, he did everything in the second fight that he did in the first.

1. He'll probably laugh it off until it reaches a point where he should flip out.

2. He'll never be 3 rounds on his back, I doubt that he'll ever be on his back for that matter.

3. See the above.

Anyway, the fight won't be like Silva - Sonnen 1, but more like any other Jones fight, and we all know what that means. I'm far from being his fan but I think the only true tests for him at LHW are either Machida or Gus (both after SERIOUSLY training their TD defense).

Sonnen hasn't faced anyone lately with wrestling comparable to Jones'. And remember that Silva was able to stop his TD. And so far Jones was able to take down almost every wrrstler he's faced so.... to me the question is more how is sonnen gonna react when he reallizes he can't stop Jones' takedowns. To be Honnest I think Sonnen has so little chance to win that his best shot is to try to outstrike Jones, whose striking is incredibly sloppy and full of holes..

I'd have to expect Jones to win, but Chael may surprise everyone once again. I think he was just having bad weight cuts in his last two fights, so 205 may suit him-- stronger and faster and more stamina. Sonnen is very quick and should be able to put on a great showing ... I just suspect Jones will connect with elbows and cuts will end the night.

really dude? please watch silva sonnen 2 again because it was the exact same as silva sonnen 1. until chael failed at the worst spinning backfist in MMA history and just sat on his butt against the cage like a moron' date=' he did everything in the second fight that he did in the first.[/quote']

you mean after he got GnP'd into semi consciousness?

I'm the biggest Sonnen fan on this forum, (inb4GoldenAfro) but even I am giving Chael little chance in this fight.

Do I believe in him? **** yeah I do. But Bones is an alien not of this world, and Chael has the odds vastly stacked against him.

I will be rooting for him, a nervous wreck no doubt. However, I struggle to see how he will threaten Jones.

Archived