I got a bone to pick with my Canadian friends

KINGnoob

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ur lucky to even get a tip

ur complaining about tips...maybe u should try wearing a more skin tight and extremely revealing outfit with your knockers hanging out and we might be more inclined to leave more of a tip

me i dont even care. for every $50 bill ill tip 5 bucks or whatever change i got. i dont have to tip, there is no law against it. sure its rude but think about it. why should a server take home a whole lot of cash every night when all they really do is bring you some drinks and the food somebody else cooked.while pretending to give a **** about you and looking pretty at the same time.

yeah its bad etiquette not to tip, but everything is overpriced as it is. it cost me more money just to drive there and back. then it used to. gas aint getting any cheaper. $6 restaurant beer is rather disappointing. quite honestly im getting scammed just from going. everywhere here in town is just overpriced food where none of the staff even seem to care at all about their product and service and that is reflected in the quality of food i order. .

if i was dining out and had some great food yeah, if i had a nice bill id be more obligated to tip better, or at least leave a tip if i knew $18.50 out of the $20 i leave for tips out of generosity didnt end up going to some dumb broad with her knockers hanging out while that extra dollar or so would be lucky to find its way into the kitchen. hell i know of women who worked at bars and restaurants as servers and the place seemed so messed up they were all stealing tips from each others tables to feed their crack habits and whatnot.

So you expect to get 40$ of a 200$ bill for doing almost nothing? 10% of that would be extremely generous. Lmfao, in Europe u'd get 5$ MAX.

My rant is directed at the general US tipping system not specifically at you. Can't believe people are actually stupid enough to even pay 10% on an already high bill.

A large group from Canada is at Red Rock Station currently on some business conference. All I can say is' date=' learn to tip. Holy ****!? 10% really? Should be 20%. Welcome to Vegas! Oh and we use creamer, not milk for our coffee! BOOM![/quote']

They must be Newfies, because as they say... "What's the difference between a Newfie and a canoe?" "Canoes Tip"

On the west coast, 20% is the norm, and I use half and half in my coffee, can't stand milk in coffee...

They must be Newfies' date=' because as they say... "What's the difference between a Newfie and a canoe?" "Canoes Tip"

On the west coast, 20% is the norm, and I use half and half in my coffee, can't stand milk in coffee...[/quote']

I dont even pay attention to the percentage i tip. I just round to the next closest number or bill, especially on vacation cause i hate carrying change

They must be Newfies' date=' because as they say... "What's the difference between a Newfie and a canoe?" "Canoes Tip"

On the west coast, 20% is the norm, and I use half and half in my coffee, can't stand milk in coffee...[/quote']

Quebecers are the same. I'm an American living here and I usually tip double what everybody else does out of habit.

Yeah it's funny how the guy who doesn't want to pay taxes expects EXTRA cash off people just for doing his job' date=' then when he gets it complains he isn't been given enough.[/quote']

+ infinity

maybe if he graduated from college and got a real job he wouldn't be tip dependent

I usually like to respond post by post out of respect for each poster, but im just going to one shot this *****.

For the ones crying about me disagreeing with taxes and that this debate some how contradicts everything I have said, STFU! These two things are in no way the same. Seriously its embarrassing you are equating the two.

While on the subject of taxes. The IRS in the 80's invaded Vegas and set up a whole new string of tax code for us. In my restaurant we get taxed on tips at 30 an hour. (our hourly is set up like everyone else for taxes) The way they set that rate is by taking all the sales of the restaurant and formulating their rate. Which is based off the 20% VEGAS STANDARD.

On terms of the service I give, its pretty good. I waited on Pink last night, yes Pink, she tipped her bill which was $150. Im sure she has seen some serious service in her day. And for the most part from the locals I get the standard 20%. I have never been fired only promoted and its a fine dining restaurant. So service is not the problem.

The problem is the ignorance of you ****s that dont like to tip. Yes if your bill is 200 im expecting 40 out of you. If your bill is 25 im expecting 5. Which would be the ONLY time I would be expecting 5 dollars. Most people tip 20% in Vegas. So when you come in with this theory in your head that you dont have to tip me 20% because your already getting ****ed on the food and you dont think I "deserve" it or whatever, you are costing me money. Not only because you are not tipping me enough, but because you are taking a table away from me where someone that will tip 20% would sit.

And to really break this **** down. If you dont want to tip..... wait for it...... HIT A DRIVE THRU MOTHER ****ER!

:cool:

I always love the "thats life, so shut up and love it" crowd. So what if life was to get punch right in the ****ing face when you left for work in the morning. Would you still say "thats life, shut up and love it". Or would you want your voice to be heard on the matter.

Exactly. STFU fobie and learn to tip you cheap ****.

Give me good service and i will give you a good tip' date=' give me average service and i give you an average tip, you see where this is going.

[/quote']

lol i thought about that exact scene when i read the first 2 posts....i have a tipping problem i always tip absurdly high even if the service wasnt the best..i dont know why but i have to tip a crazy amount..it has helped me out tho, especially at the bars i go to...my tabs are usually nothing, i can order beers and shots and rounds for me and anyone i want to all night and consume well over 200 dollar tab only to see 6 to 18 dollar tabs...

it has helped me out tho' date=' especially at the bars i go to...my tabs are usually nothing, i can order beers and shots and rounds for me and anyone i want to all night and consume well over 200 dollar tab only to see 6 to 18 dollar tabs...[/quote']

The ole take care of me, take care of you. Thats how it rolls.

Good man

I always love the "thats life' date=' so shut up and love it" crowd. So what if life was to get punch right in the ****ing face when you left for work in the morning. Would you still say "thats life, shut up and love it". Or would you want your voice to be heard on the matter.

Exactly. STFU fobie and learn to tip you cheap ****.[/quote']

so because i tell you to stfu you think I dont tip?

man you are dumb as well as ungrateful

Interesting thinking' date=' I have worked in or for the service industry my whole life, I never ever expected a tip or felt one was deserving or mandatory in any way. ever.[/quote']

I dont feel as if it a guarantee. But again, Im getting taxed on that income. And I get taxed whether I get that money or not. Its a respect thing. Its Vegas, people tip. If you dont go to a drive thru. Its simple.

Why should we tip you for doing your job? as said in the old res dogs why should we tip you yet not tip someone in mac d?? you are just providing the same service bringing me my food and drink.

Your place of work pays your wage, they also set out a price for the product i want to buy after that its up to me if i want to pay you an extra bit of something.

I dont feel as if it a guarantee. But again' date=' Im getting taxed on that income. And I get taxed whether I get that money or not. Its a respect thing. Its Vegas, people tip. If you dont go to a drive thru. Its simple.[/quote']

I guess that is the difference, in Canada we don't get taxed on tips.

I dont feel as if it a guarantee. But again' date=' Im getting taxed on that income. And I get taxed whether I get that money or not. Its a respect thing. Its Vegas, people tip. If you dont go to a drive thru. Its simple.[/quote']

the simple fact is that its a tip, its up to people to decide weather or not you deserve a tip and how much they give. if you believe that the tip is not enough, to bad because it has nothing to do with what you want, its a gesture of appreciation from a random person for a service. show your appreciation as they dont have to give you anything

so you get taxed, we all get taxed. deal with it lol

I was a bartender for a year or two so I tip well. It seems like people that have worked in the service industry tip better. At the same time I never expected a tip. Waiters, waitresses and others depend on those tips in the US because they get paid less than minimum wage most of the time. If you paid these people what they deserve then the company that they work for would just raise the price of the food or drinks that you are receiving.

Why should we tip you for doing your job? as said in the old res dogs why should we tip you yet not tip someone in mac d?? you are just providing the same service bringing me my food and drink.

Perfect, just eat at mickeys then.

Your place of work pays your wage, they also set out a price for the product i want to buy after that its up to me if i want to pay you an extra bit of something

True. Its not forced. What im saying though, is go eat somewhere else. Please! Theres so many places. If you are a **** tipper take your **** tipping *** to another place.

I was a bartender for a year or two so I tip well. It seems like people that have worked in the service industry tip better. At the same time I never expected a tip. Waiters' date=' waitresses and others depend on those tips in the US because they get paid less than minimum wage most of the time. If you paid these people what they deserve then the company that they work for would just raise the price of the food or drinks that you are receiving.[/quote']if your place of work pays less then min wage they are breaking the law.

the simple fact is that its a tip' date=' its up to people to decide weather or not you deserve a tip and how much they give. if you believe that the tip is not enough, to bad because it has nothing to do with what you want, its a gesture of appreciation from a random person for a service. show your appreciation as they dont have to give you anything

so you get taxed, we all get taxed. deal with it lol[/quote']

You get taxed on income you earn. I dont get where you are not seeing the difference...

I understand its all voluntary. Ive done this since i was 16. I know full darn well what this business is. You dont ever have to tell me what it is. Im telling you, that if you are tipping less than 20% in Vegas you suck and are cheap **** trash.

Perfect' date=' just eat at mickeys then.

True. Its not forced. What im saying though, is go eat somewhere else. Please! Theres so many places. If you are a **** tipper take your **** tipping *** to another place.[/quote']but if i feel your doing a good job then i will tip you, to many people at these places EXPECT and that's the problem, why should i tip you if your just giving me the normal service?? Because people in that line of work just expect the tip they don't really give you that extra mile.

I got my hair cut the other day it cost me ?12 i tipped her ?5 that's nearly 50%, she did a really good job though and was really nice, so like i said if i feel you deserve it then you will get it.

Archived