UFC Elimination tournaments

Dopexot

Just curious, why doesn't the UFC hold tournaments? A nice tournament in the welterweight division would be;

GSP-Diaz;Erick Silva-Bahadurzada;Hendricks-El*lenberger ;Hathaway-Fitch;Story-MacDonal*d;Maia-Dong-Hyun;Koscheck-Penn*;Condit-Kampmann

1. Rory vs Penn

2. Macdonald vs Fitch

3. Maia vs Dong-Hyun Kim

4. Koscheck vs Penn

5. Bahadurzada vs Hendricks

6. Ellenberger vs Hathaway

7. Diaz vs TBA

8. TBA vs TBA

Winner of 1 fights winner of 2, winner of 3 fights winner of 4. etc.

Untill 1 persons left, the person that won, and THAT person will get a title shot against the winner out of GSP vs Condit

What my point is, and you all have to agree;

1. the UFC is giving title shots way too easy, it doesn't matter anymore how good you are, the only thing that matters is you SELLING fights. This way we truly know who the best is, and who REALLY DESERVES a title shot.

2. I don't really know how to tell this in English, but I think the ''progress'' of UFC is way too slow, building op towards title shots.

Also, this way we all know in 1 night who the best is in a division, and also we have a CLEAR, TOTALLY GOOD view of a division.

Also, the PPV's would be much more enjoyable, because the level of COMPETITION grows really hard.

What are you guys' opinion on this? I wanna have good comments and so I would like to ask you; please don't troll or things like that.

On paper it looks like a good idea but a draw or an injury would be a big set-back for a division that hasn't had a title fight since April of 2011.

Yeah that's true, maybe this would be nice, each PPV you would have

UFC 160 4 fights of welterweight division + 4 fights of middleweight division

UFC 161 4 fights lightheavyweight + 4 fight of heavyweight divison

UFC 162 4 fights of lightweight + 4 fights of featherweight

UFC 163 the winners of UFC 160 will battle till there are 2 left

UFC 164 the winners of UFC 161 will battle till there are 2 left

etc.

(ofcourse there will also be prelims.)

and

Penn has to fight twice? Is it cos he's smaller? (if you explained this in your post then you know it was tl;dr for me right now)

Another name to throw out there is Alves, and don't forget Serra, does he even still fight?

Also Kyle Noke will be in the mix at welterweight soon enough.

However, the reason they don't get all the contenters to fight like this is because they can't feed them all winning streaks and have them fight each other only in no.1 contender fights every now and then. That way the champs are kept busy with lots of arguable no.2 guys,

Penn has to fight twice? Is it cos he's smaller? (if you explained this in your post then you know it was tl;dr for me right now)

Another name to throw out there is Alves' date=' and don't forget Serra, does he even still fight?

Also Kyle Noke will be in the mix at welterweight soon enough.

However, the reason they don't get all the contenters to fight like this is because they can't feed them all winning streaks and have them fight each other only in no.1 contender fights every now and then. That way the champs are kept busy with lots of arguable no.2 guys,[/quote']

Oh I see it just now, it was a mistake bro, Penn doesnt have to fight twice;p

Archived