When Silva was up against the cage against Bonner

Gabri1985

Doing his ****y ****e why didn't Bonner fake to throw a punch then kick the crap out of his legs!!!! it would of been much harder to doge those bad boys.

This is one the things I keep wandering about. Bonnar did a couple of good things there, but this was lacking. The did try to backkick, but that?s way too slow. Silva draws attention to his head, but his legs are wide apart a lot of the time, which makes them easy targets for kicks.

Bonnar was mentaly broken before he entered the octogon. You couldn?t see anything of the former "American psycho". Silva saw it and behaved according to that' date=' like an idiot. You don?t have to ridicoule your opponent, fight him with respect![/quote']

So Silva's strategy wasn't legit?

He put himself exactly where Bonnar wanted him to be (he was the one who put him against the cage), why should Silva move away?

A big LOL to why Bonnar didn't kick Silva's legs...:rolleyes:

Ever heard of checking kicks?

Silva would've checked them all and maybe hit him with a counter.

Did you see Anderson Silva vs James Irvin? Or his first Chael fight when he knocked Sonnen down with an elbow while Sonnen tried to throw a kick? I'd bet you money Silva might have a counter to a leg kick in his arsenal.
he might well do, but in that situation it was pretty clear where he wanted Bonner to go and it wasn't his legs.

He may well of caught it but at least it would of been something different because those punches weren't working lol

well i was talking about your normal leg kicks not sure how they are the same as a flashy spinning kick to the mid section' date=' so if you were implying that then i disagree.[/quote']

Who said they were the same?

I must of had missed it.

O yeah and if you think he should of had thrown a leg kick you need to watch the Irvin fight

i did say set it up lol. I also think what he did was in very poor form.

What did you think was in poor form?

Using the ref against Maia was poor form. Grabbing Chael's trunks like a Gi to create space and punch him was poor form.

Using the cage to prevent getting taken down in the center and to conserve energy instead of having to struggle with TDD out in the open is a good tactic. Using movement, dropping your hands to invite punches to slip/counter and also allow for easier underhooks and using pressure and taunting timidity is another good tactic and if opponents fall for it more power to him for working his overall strategy.

This is one the things I keep wandering about. Bonnar did a couple of good things there' date=' but this was lacking. The did try to backkick, but that?s way too slow. Silva draws attention to his head, but his legs are wide apart a lot of the time, which makes them easy targets for kicks.[/quote']

Do you really think a slow white man is going to have success landing leg kicks on Anderson Silva? That would have only set Bonnar up for a more devastating KO. Maybe Bonnar on PCP after Silva just spiked his new born child on the ground could land some leg kicks on him but even then unlikely.

if your not saying the same then i don't see your point. The Irvin kick was in a different situation.

The point was Silva was so boss doesn't matter what Bonnar was going to throw at him.

Different situation but will end in the same result, Bonnar getting caught

Do you really think a slow white man is going to have success landing leg kicks on Anderson Silva? That would have only set Bonnar up for a more devastating KO. Maybe Bonnar on PCP after Silva just spiked his new born child on the ground could land some leg kicks on him but even then unlikely.

If you can make Silva guess what you are going to do, it helps a lot. His whole game is making the opponent do what he wants him to do. Silva wants people to try to hit him in the head, so he can focus on doing his matrix thing. Bonnar did try to hit him, but once he continued that with a body punch, which landed. He could?ve done the same thing, faint a strike to head, but follow with a kick.

It couldn?t have led to a more devastating KO anyway...

Maybe someone else can do this.

Bonnar is slow as ****, and throwing a kick is something he aint to good at.. If he had tried that Silva would have smacked him in the face... The only fighters that are successfull at kicking are those who are quick as **** or those who get lucky... Bonnar is neither..

Archived