HTC One X Or Galaxy S3

AxeMurduh

Any of you have either of these? I'm deciding which to buy I've used both Samsung and HTC phones both have better qualities then the other, HTC GPS is best. Samasungs screens are always better.

So which should I get, any opinions, especially from ppl who own one of these is welcome, I'll decide once I get some feed back thanks.

My last phone was a Samsung Galaxy and the battery life was awful. My current phone is an HTC Desire C, much better. Although the CPU is single core and very slow I prefer the phone and the OS. (The better HTC with multicore CPU's are awesome from what I have seen).

Maybe I will get the Desire S now that I have finally got a job.

galaxy s3

the battery life is fine. people just dont know how to manage their background apps and power saving features properly. but the same could be said about any android. . i had my eye on that HTC a few months ago as well as some other cheaper ones, an s2, and some other phone too that looked sexy. but i went all out on the s3 instead and just stuck in a 64 gig micro sd card walmart special to max it out at 80 gigs. ive came nowhere close to even using that so far and i load music on there every day. it was worth the money

yeah im happy with my galaxy but its actually my first smartphone. ive been using cheapos for 9 years prior and the only thing they had going for them that the new age phones dont is there battery life

i almost bought an iphone except after my new generation ipod touch crapped out from an update and having to restore it, i lost interest in apple altogether. its more like a restricted android, where you cant transfer anything back and forth and if it crashes out during updates or any other reason, you are totally ****ed. plus u gotta go through itunes or apple store just to do anything. if you dont have a computer you are basically ****ed. so i went for the galaxy and iit worked out for me. nice screen beautiful graphics, easy to upgrade and the camera is awesome.

Nokia-3310-02.jpg

:cool:

oooooooh yeah! That phone is ****ing indestructible. My bro dropped one down 4 flights of stairs and it may just have had a scratch.

Btw ive just just got an S3. Seems pretty good but the background running is something i need to sort out! Not even got close to finding out what it can do yet!

go into settings...applications....running services. stop as many as you can that arent running. this will clear up memory and save battery life.

try doing this once a day to clear out unnecessary programs that are active. occasionally some of them will pop back up. if u have any unnecessary services running on your home screen you might want to delete them, like weather and stuff (just scroll across every page and hold the window down with your thumb and move it to delete on the bottom) that way those apps wont keep reopening every now and then.

also disabling wifi/gps/bluetooth when not using it saves battery life. same with disabling auto sync. and juice defender is a great app for power saving.

oooooooh yeah! That phone is ****ing indestructible. My bro dropped one down 4 flights of stairs and it may just have had a scratch.

Btw ive just just got an S3. Seems pretty good but the background running is something i need to sort out! Not even got close to finding out what it can do yet!

How could anything fall down 4 flights of stairs? I've never seen 4 flights of stairs that were in a straight line.

Because the iPad is not a phone.

Ironic' date=' this is one of the dumbest things I've heard you say.[/quote']

Well, since it is considered a "phablet" one could say it is in competition with traditional tablets. Po-tatoe, pota-toe...

Also, there is a galaxy note tablet, but it seem to be your M.O.

galaxy-note-10-1-angle-grey.jpg

Galaxy Note 10.1^

You don't always herp... But when you do, you derp.

Well' date=' since it is considered a "phablet" one could say it is in competition with traditional tablets. Po-tatoe, pota-toe...

Also, there is a galaxy note tablet, it would help if you specified which model. But petty arguments seem to be your M.O.[/quote']

I said galaxy note 2. Which Is as clear as I should have to be.

You just tried to justify you being wrong. Which is what your MO is. I'll take petty arguments you can keep your petty justifications.

I said galaxy note 2. Which Is as clear as I should have to be.

You just tried to justify you being wrong. Which is what your MO is. I'll take petty arguments you can keep your petty justifications.

You're right, I retracted the specifics bit. What does not change however is that it isn't considered a traditional smart phone...

Who's looking stupid? I made an error' date=' corrected it, and then pointed out the flaw in your statement... I guess you're incapable of doing the same.[/quote']

Oh gosh. This is truly perfect. Im loving it. This is your exact problem with all topics. Youve literally created a flaw in my statement. What do we call that kevbo? You are not going to know the answer because I'm renaming it. Its going to be the kevbo man. Whats more ridiculous than a straw man? A kevbo man. LMAO oh gosh.

I mean **** you even posted a picture of what you thought I was talking about.

Oh gosh. This is truly perfect. Im loving it. This is your exact problem with all topics. Youve literally created a flaw in my statement. What do we call that kevbo? You are not going to know the answer because I'm renaming it. Its going to be the kevbo man. Whats more ridiculous than a straw man? A kevbo man. LMAO oh gosh.

I mean **** you even posted a picture of what you thought I was talking about.

Wrong' date=' if I were doing that I'd post this...

[img'] http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/4STh/samsung-galaxy-note-2-review-0.jpg?20121010-130027[/img]

It's not classified as a phone, which was you original assertion. Now man up and admit you were wrong as I did instead of creating your own strawmen...

[img'] http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/4STh/samsung-galaxy-note-2-review-0.jpg?20121010-130027[/img]

It's not classified as a phone, which was you original assertion. Now man up and admit you were wrong as I did instead of creating your own strawmen...

hahaha, I havent been wrong about anything.

It is a phone kevbo. Phablet is just the slang/cute/silly name they have given it. Anyway this is getting silly. Im wasting my time with this. Its like arguing the sky is blue.

I mean **** you even posted a picture Up what you thought I was talking about.

Yeah, what a retard. He got the galaxy note 10 confused with the galaxy note 2. Then he realized it & corrected himself. Amazing how fn stupid some people are, huh?

Dude if I had 50c for every time you acknowledged your own mistake & then corrected it, ramen would be way out of my budget.

hahaha' date=' I havent been wrong about anything.

It is a phone kevbo. Phablet is just the slang/cute/silly name they have given it. Anyway this is getting silly. Im wasting my time with this. Its like arguing the sky is blue.[/quote']

You're right! It is silly. On one side you have someone admitting an error. On the other you have someone arguing semantics and not admitting his original assertion that it is a phone, when the manufacturer classifies it as a phone/tablet hybrid to compete in both markets, was wrong...

You're right! It is silly. On one side you have someone admitting an error. On the other you have someone arguing semantics and not admitting his original assertion that it is a phone' date=' when the manufacturer classifies it as a phone/tablet hybrid to compete in both markets, was wrong...[/quote']

Are you suggesting that now after realizing what it is (a phone) your question of, "why not get an iPad?" doesnt sound stupid as ****?

Is it in direct competition with the iPad AND iPhone?

Can you not make calls through various apps on an iPad?

I have several customers who use their iPad as their phone. & the positioning statement samsung put out for people selling the note/note 2 as a phone/tablet hybrid. "The bridge between phones & tablets" is what I remember from the actual training on it.

That wasnt even your question. Why add iPhone?

Im done. I feel like im getting dumber. Ill shall bow out. You can have this one.

Spin, spin, spin. I added iPhone because you're original assertion is that it is a phone, which is partially true. But it is also a tablet competitor. Most who buy it are buying it for simplicity between 2 products but mainly for tablet capability. If they just wanted a phone they would buy an s3.

Making your original assertion, that it is just a phone, incorrect.

isnt that a galaxy notebook? for some reason that looks like a huge s3

nvm i looked that one up because my s3 is not that huge! despite them looking very similar. the device in this picture. appears to be a samsung galaxy note 2

Tango & Skype are the first two that come to mind for voice calls.

ahh yes 3rd party apps. this would have to involve both parties being on a network and connected with the app running, or logged on in the background in order for it to work.

the default messaging system on ipod/iphone/ipad is able to send text messages all by itself, but it requires internet connection, an apple account, and the recipient also has to have one of those devices and have the messaging feature active in the background. it can still deliver texts to iphones no problem. with voice you can actually use facetime but the recipient has to have that active too from my understanding. other programs you have to download.

go into settings...applications....running services. stop as many as you can that arent running. this will clear up memory and save battery life.

try doing this once a day to clear out unnecessary programs that are active. occasionally some of them will pop back up. if u have any unnecessary services running on your home screen you might want to delete them' date=' like weather and stuff (just scroll across every page and hold the window down with your thumb and move it to delete on the bottom) that way those apps wont keep reopening every now and then.

also disabling wifi/gps/bluetooth when not using it saves battery life. same with disabling auto sync. and juice defender is a great app for power saving.[/quote']

Cheers man. will make sure to keep doing that.

Stairs.jpg

Pretty much that haha.

Archived