Michael Bisping fighting Silva: "I've got to wait my turn, but it's pissing me off."

Emrig

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Michael-Bisping-on-title-shot-vs-Silva-Ive-got-to-wait-my-turn,-but-its-pissing-me-off.html

I knew it wouldn't take long before he stated complaining about his title shot... He's earned it I guess, but Silva is looking for superfights at this point in his career and I'd rather see him against St. Pierre or Jon Jones or a number of other LHW's like Rashad Evans or Shogun than Bisping.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Michael-Bisping-on-title-shot-vs-Silva-Ive-got-to-wait-my-turn' date='-but-its-pissing-me-off.html

I knew it wouldn't take long before he stated complaining about his title shot... He's earned it I guess, but Silva is looking for superfights at this point in his career and I'd rather see him against St. Pierre or Jon Jones or a number of other LHW's like Rashad Evans or Shogun than Bisping.[/quote']

If Silva doesn't want to fight any of the guys at MW, he should vacate the ****ing belt and go get into superfights.

No supergfights available at MW...can we all agree on that?

So what are the contenders supposed to do while Silva picks and chooses?

All because "he's nearing the end of his career". **** it.

If Silva doesn't want to fight any of the guys at MW' date=' he should vacate the ****ing belt and go get into superfights.

All because "he's nearing the end of his career". **** it.[/quote']

THIS!!!

Also same thing will happen @ LHW with Jones the UFC are destroying the competition of the sport. What's the point on the other fighters working there way to the top just to wait around on the chance the champion takes the fight.

If Silva doesn't want to fight any of the guys at MW' date=' he should vacate the ****ing belt and go get into superfights.

I don't disagree with this. Vacate the title, or do an interim and let this guy fight big fights at WW and LHW and then if a superfight emerges from the contenders at MW he can unify.

I don't disagree with this. Vacate the title' date=' or do an interim and let this guy fight big fights at WW and LHW and then if a superfight emerges from the contenders at MW he can unify.[/quote']

This. If silva is going to be gone for that long doing super fights they need to not clog up the weight class.

Jones is -far- from being in the same position in his career as ASilva is. He's just riding a hypetrain right now to the bank.

I'm thoroughly against superfights. Sure, they could be entertaining. They could also be terribly, terribly disappointing. And could potentially ruin a man's career and/or the division. It bugs me that some titles aren't defended for extended periods of time, and a superfight would essentially put both respective divisions on hold for at least a year, provided no injuries.

Bisping lost to Sonnen and was unable to finish Stann this year - I'm not really sure I'm confident in his ability to take it to the strap.

well THAT is the attitude.. He's ****ing WAITING his turn instead of earning it.

Good job!

Maybe if he could line up a decent streak against decent opponents he'd get a shot? I mean seriously. Silva's been consistently tearing apart guys against who Bisping is unable to get a ****ing win. He fights a couple cans and up and comers, then he gets thrown at a top 10 guy and loses. That's the story of his carreer. During this time Silva's been lining up a record-breaking streak against better opponents. I mean.. the way I see it Bisping never had 1 win against a guy who managed to get a title shot at MW in the UFC. it's just never happened.

So why the **** would he get a title shot? Of course he's gotta wait for his title shot.. AGAIN.. cuz even if Silva's next fight was at MW it wouldn't be against Bisping, that I'm pretty sure of.. If Silva fights Bisping when the timing is actually good for GSP vs Silva or Silva vs Rashad or anything like this... it's just a pure waste... We all know that Bisping is going to lose this apart from freak occurences like Silva slips again but this time breaks his neck against the fence. We just don't need this fight to know who's gonna win....

I actually think Pissping is getting the next shot at MW. Granted, it won't be until January at the earliest, but I think he's getting it. He's only on a 1 fight winning streak, so he doesn't really deserve it, but out of the possible contenders for Silva, he's the biggest draw.

well THAT is the attitude.. He's ****ing WAITING his turn instead of earning it.

Good job!

Maybe if he could line up a decent streak against decent opponents he'd get a shot? I mean seriously. Silva's been consistently tearing apart guys against who Bisping is unable to get a ****ing win. He fights a couple cans and up and comers' date=' then he gets thrown at a top 10 guy and loses. That's the story of his carreer. During this time Silva's been lining up a record-breaking streak against better opponents. I mean.. the way I see it Bisping never had 1 win against a guy who managed to get a title shot at MW in the UFC. it's just never happened.

[b']So why the **** would he get a title shot[/b]? Of course he's gotta wait for his title shot.. AGAIN.. cuz even if Silva's next fight was at MW it wouldn't be against Bisping, that I'm pretty sure of.. If Silva fights Bisping when the timing is actually good for GSP vs Silva or Silva vs Rashad or anything like this... it's just a pure waste... We all know that Bisping is going to lose this apart from freak occurences like Silva slips again but this time breaks his neck against the fence. We just don't need this fight to know who's gonna win....

Your whole "he doesn't deserve it" spiel is out the window meng. And who cares anymore if it's a guaranteed *** kicking right?

I mean it's funny how all of these things that you mentioned apply to the Sonnen/Jones situation right now. But the UFC won't give Bisping a title shot because he is "undeserving". What a crock system. Bisping should just get real good at **** talking Anderson. That's how you get a title shot anymore.

Bisping is 1-3 against top 10 guys so his spot is a little weaker to me then that of Weidman,Boestch....both guys have a top 5 win

I would support him having to fight anyone of those guys for a title shot...I just have never support a title shot for any man with NO TOP 5 WINS

Bisping is a victim of circumstances he's only top 5 himself cuz of other top 5 guys losing...both Okami and Munoz lost and that pushed him up the rankings

Bisping is 1-3 against top 10 guys so his spot is a little weaker to me then that of Weidman' date='Boestch....both guys have a top 5 win

I would support him having to fight anyone of those guys for a title shot...I just have never support a title shot for any man with NO TOP 5 WINS

Bisping is a victim of circumstances he's only top 5 himself cuz of other top 5 guys losing...both Okami and Munoz lost and that pushed him up the rankings[/quote']

This is pretty much exactly my thoughts. Also think Spitts could beat Okami but there's five or so MW's that can beat him

Honestly I never had Munoz as a top 5 MW.

It may have been a little high for him...but he did do more then many of the other MW guys at the time...if he had that same run today he would not have been top 5 I would think

But I always give up my rankings as not the true rankings...fact is most credible sites had him top 5 and no matter what I think I give them as the ones who know more then me

I always found bloody elbows ranking to be the most unbiased most correct rankings and they had him as high as 4 I believe

Bisping/Weidman for number 1 contender

Silva/GSP in the mean time because EVERYBODY WANTS IT!

This

+ What the hell are all you guys taking about.. clog up the weight class? Silva has been champ for 6+ years, no one's taking his belt, every contender should be grateful they have more time until Anderson humiliates them.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Michael-Bisping-on-title-shot-vs-Silva-Ive-got-to-wait-my-turn' date='-but-its-pissing-me-off.html

I knew it wouldn't take long before he stated complaining about his title shot... He's earned it I guess, but Silva is looking for superfights at this point in his career and I'd rather see him against St. Pierre or Jon Jones or a number of other LHW's like Rashad Evans or Shogun than Bisping.[/quote']

TBH, for all to stop beating about the bush, it's going to take a seasoned kickboxer with

excellent wrestling to beat Silva, which 1 Bisping is a seasoned kickboxer and 2 he's got the

excellent wrestling that he proved vs Chael.

Is Weidman vs Boetsch confirmed for 155? if so the winner of that will have a very strong case as number one unless it's a really awful fight.

As far as I know. It would be hard to deny the winner a title shot unless it's a snoozefest like you said. If Belcher puts Okami away in impressive fashion, he has to be up there too. I think Bisping will get Franklin next if he beats Cung Le. Bisping/Franklin would be an interesting matchup IMO.

Silva isn't going to lose unless he wants to or he gets old and goes downhill fast. He can pretty much do what he wants in there against almost anybody in any weight class. Bisping doesn't stand much of a chance unless he somehow wins by decision/points. Silva just has too many tools to beat him as this will be a stand-up fight.

TBH' date=' for all to stop beating about the bush, it's going to take a seasoned kickboxer with

excellent wrestling [b']and a chin[/b] to beat Silva, which 1 Bisping is a seasoned kickboxer and 2 he's got the

excellent wrestling that he proved vs Chael.

Edit :D

Well there is an argument to the 185 division being a great division,however just a year or two ago it was maybe one of the worst.

Best champion,i argue against that ,to be given a BEST title you have to at least be well rounded and Silva is not,he is maybe one of the worst wrestlers in the division.Silva is VERY one dimensional,he is actually quite predictable,if you are a smart fighter.

As a smart fighter you should instantly know what Silva is up to,however i do not feel Bisping is that smart.Bisping has very good cardio and he is decently quick but smart ..nope.

I do however feel for Bisping,sort of reminds me of the long wait Fitch had in getting his shot.Bispings problem is the UFC/White,they have really gone off the wall of late making horrible match ups.The best match up in years was Silva/Fitch but i belioeve they thought it was going to be a cake walk for Eric,i believe they want Fitch to lose so they can pay him peanuts.

Your whole "he doesn't deserve it" spiel is out the window meng. And who cares anymore if it's a guaranteed *** kicking right?

I mean it's funny how all of these things that you mentioned apply to the Sonnen/Jones situation right now. But the UFC won't give Bisping a title shot because he is "undeserving". What a crock system. Bisping should just get real good at **** talking Anderson. That's how you get a title shot anymore.

never said Sonnen deserved his shot either.

But he actually defeated better opponents. He did come out of nowhere but he dominated Marquart, who had been in title contention before and was swimming in the top 5 waters for years. That's more than Bisping has ever done. Everytime he's faced that type of fighters he's lost. EVERYTIME. Skillwise, Sonnen was more deserving of his first shot. Also due to his style that made people think he had a shot.

A title fight is needed when a fighter has done enough to raise doubts that he might actually be better than the champ. Then you need a fight to see who's the real undisputed champ. Bisping hasn't done anything to earn a shot except being in the UFC for a long time.

edit : of course I was talking about Sonnen being more deserving of a shot at Silva than Bisping is... as for his shot at Jones it's a total joke...

As far as I know. It would be hard to deny the winner a title shot unless it's a snoozefest like you said. If Belcher puts Okami away in impressive fashion' date=' he has to be up there too. I think Bisping will get Franklin next if he beats Cung Le. Bisping/Franklin would be an interesting matchup IMO.[/quote']Bisping vs Franklin would be a good fight if Franklin some how doesn't beat Le i would suspect Bisping will face the winner of Okami vs Belcher tbh that could be the fight no matter what happens with Franklin.

Agree. Also.... His..."I am old guys" is such BS!! I am actually 35 yrs old and feel like a 20 something yr old. I feel great! I used to kickbox and I still hit the gym. I promise you A Silva is in much better shape than I and should be feeling GREAT himself. He is just laying down the groundwork of "old age" in case he loses a fight. :mad:

Edit....I also forgot to mention that Bisping will be another easy win for Silva....he will get KTFO Hendo style.

Silva isn't going to lose unless he wants to or he gets old and goes downhill fast. He can pretty much do what he wants in there against almost anybody in any weight class. Bisping doesn't stand much of a chance unless he somehow wins by decision/points. Silva just has too many tools to beat him as this will be a stand-up fight.

I think Bisping is a smart enough bloke to have finally figured out Anderson:

AS=1: feinting and countering opponents' mistakes, 2: backing up on the cage to lure

opponents into the rope a dope trap and bob and weave to tire and frustrate opponents

then precision strike opponent with TKO precision strike( knee, flying knee, kick, or punch,

or a combo of these. Remember, recent Silva vs Bonnar), 3: Showboat and play feint, kung

fu and Michael Jackson showboating maneuvers to counter opponent's mistake(

Remember, Silva vs. Maia ).

Same reason Chael Sonnen was in a hurry - money.

That's a reason, but not the whole story. I saw in an interview Bisping wants a chance to fight Silva, win or lose, just to say he stepped in the cage with the best. They've been fighting in the same division for years now, and Bisping still hasn't fought Silva yet, frustrating to say the least.

Archived