The Jones/Sonnen TUF master plan *insider info*

JosephPBlow

So I have it from a very reliable source that the Jones/Sonnen season of TUF is going to be heavily edited to boost the image and popularity of JBJ. Apparently Chael is being paid well (with promises of a future commentating gig) to be overly obnoxious, nasty and classless to the point of making the viewers get behind Jon Jones and badly want to see him murder Sonnen.

The exact quote from my source was "They know Sonnen is going nowhere but down as a fighter so they're paying him to be the ultimate heel and boost the image of a fighter who is going to dominate for a long long time."

I asked him if it wouldn't hurt Chael's draw as a commentator/UFC personality to become so unpopular on TUF and was told that the post TUF plan for Sonnen is to restore his popularity by being incredibly gracious in defeat, claim it was just fight hype and then to help train Jones for his next fight against an opponent of whom " Chael has valuable knowledge to share".

Read between the lines and it all makes a great deal of sense.

Here's my problem with this whole scenario. If it turns out to be true then it means that it's in the game plan depends on Chael losing....as in its predetermined. If outcomes are "predetermined" and future contracts and marketing plans depend on events unfolding in a particular way, then how can the UFC be considered a legitimate athletic organization?

I think this is what's aggravating fighters and MMA insiders to the point where they're leaking spoilers and UFC plans.

Here's my problem with this whole scenario. If it turns out to be true then it means that it's in the game plan depends on Chael losing....as in its predetermined. If outcomes are "predetermined" and future contracts and marketing plans depend on events unfolding in a particular way' date=' then how can the UFC be considered a legitimate athletic organization?

I think this is what's aggravating fighters and MMA insiders to the point where they're leaking spoilers and UFC plans.[/quote']i think its more the expected result

i think its more the expected result

That.

Jones really has only the 151 fiasco going against him. This is' date=' I would imagine, intended to try to erase that.

Though, if it's a "Ufc plan" for this to happen, I'm not sure how effective it will be. Jones' main flak was that he said Chael wasn't worthy of a fight with him. Didn't deserve it. Now that it's happening, if it were me I would think the UFC was saying, "[Expletive Deleted'] you." It is guaranteed to be a topic of discussion during the season, and if it isn't - I'd hop right onto this bandwagon for the season's intentions. But, it's TUF. I can't think of any coaches whose appearance on TUF actually impacted them after the fact.

Archived