More shootings

Gabri1985

God I hate seeing this ****. Tears me up, those were mothers, daughters, wives... So many people left in agony over their loss.

I do not however, believe guns are to blame in any way. People have been murdering people long before firearms came around.

And honestly, if making Marijuana illegal doesn't stop everybody that wants to get some getting their hands on it, I don't believe guns would be any different.

God I hate seeing this ****. Tears me up' date=' those were mothers, daughters, wives... So many people left in agony over their loss.

I do not however, believe guns are to blame in any way. People have been murdering people long before firearms came around.

And honestly, if making Marijuana illegal doesn't stop everybody that wants to get some getting their hands on it, I don't believe guns would be any different.[/quote']

You sir, get the truth award of the day

Excellent post!

Especially people with drug and alcohol problems. Maybe they do the world a favour and blow their own brains out instead of going emo in a shopping mall.

lol still gotten to? :)

Indeed. But not everyone should have a car. Take away a persons transportation and they might think twice about shooting up some public place if they have to actually walk their lazy asses there!!! :P

^this

32,885 people were killed in car accidents in 2010

All well and good coming on to a forum and saying' date=' yeah everyone should have guns. Maybe you would change your tune if it was your wife, mother, daughter shot at random. But hey, it is easy having opinions when it only affects other people.[/quote']

When I was small, one of my mom's best friends was killed like this. She had left her crazy boyfriend, hidden, he found her at her new job and shot her in the face. That was the first funeral I went to. I will always own a gun and maintain ccw permits.

Without stricter laws on guns this will happen time and time again' date=' i don't get why people who own guns can't see that guns are part of the problem, its the quickest and most efficient way of killing multiple people.[/quote']

I prefer to do my killing with paper plates

Without stricter laws on guns this will happen time and time again' date=' i don't get why people who own guns can't see that guns are part of the problem, its the quickest and most efficient way of killing multiple people.[/quote']

Yes, it is.

However. MUCH gun crime occurs from lawless people who have illegally obtained the weapons and not properly permitted them. If laws were stricter, it doesn't take guns out of their hands, just out of the hands of people following the laws.

Not arguing, just stating the basic reality for where we are right now.

Yes' date=' it is.

However. MUCH gun crime occurs from lawless people who have illegally obtained the weapons and not properly permitted them. If laws were stricter, it doesn't take guns out of their hands, just out of the hands of people following the laws.

Not arguing, just stating the basic reality for where we are right now.[/quote']I mean even if you banned anyone with a criminal record from owning a gun (i mean any form of criminal record) have one gun per person (maybe even household), no semi/automatic weapons, shotguns things like that, just a plain old hand gun. If a guy wants guns for hunting fair enough but he has to have his hunters licence and leave his gun in a locker when he picks it up drops his other gun off. get caught breaking any of these laws and its right to prison.

Would any of the above stop this 100% of course not but it would be a start.

Just curious, what measures would you like to be seen taken? What else can we do that we arent already enabled or obligated by law to do?

I mean even if you banned anyone with a criminal record from owning a gun (i mean any form of criminal record) have one gun per person (maybe even household)' date=' no semi/automatic weapons, shotguns things like that, just a plain old hand gun. If a guy wants guns for hunting fair enough but he has to have his hunters licence and leave his gun in a locker when he picks it up drops his other gun off. get caught breaking any of these laws and its right to prison.

Would any of the above stop this 100% of course not but it would be a start.[/quote']

You assume a person with just a "regular" handgun is a safer choice - but based on what?

I have a few things to say about your premise here, but I'd rather you walk us through your own rational.

I mean even if you banned anyone with a criminal record from owning a gun (i mean any form of criminal record) have one gun per person (maybe even household)' date=' no semi/automatic weapons, shotguns things like that, just a plain old hand gun. If a guy wants guns for hunting fair enough but he has to have his hunters licence and leave his gun in a locker when he picks it up drops his other gun off. get caught breaking any of these laws and its right to prison.

Would any of the above stop this 100% of course not but it would be a start.[/quote']

But it doesn't address that most crimes occur outside of your listed parameters.

You assume a person with just a "regular" handgun is a safer choice - but based on what?

I have a few things to say about your premise here' date=' but I'd rather you walk us through your own rational.[/quote']My rational is simply this, it wouldn't of mattered what kind of gun this guy had, but in other cases it could of made a difference.

with a hand gun your talking what 20 bullets a mag top end (i would suspect that's around the highest for a normal hand gun) a machine gun can carry 100+ bullets and can kill with much less skill, shotguns depending on the kind of bullets can take out quite a few people in a small space with a single shot.

There is no need for these kind of weapons to be on sale for joe average, you want to try one go to your local gun range and give it a go.

did you also know Of the 139 guns possessed by the killers, more than three quarters were obtained legally.

My rational is simply this' date=' it wouldn't of mattered what kind of gun this guy had, but in other cases it could of made a difference.

[b']with a hand gun your talking what 20 bullets a mag top end (i would suspect that's around the highest for a normal hand gun) a machine gun can carry 100+ bullets and can kill with much less skill, shotguns depending on the kind of bullets can take out quite a few people in a small space with a single shot.[/b]

There is no need for these kind of weapons to be on sale for joe average, you want to try one go to your local gun range and give it a go.

did you also know Of the 139 guns possessed by the killers, more than three quarters were obtained legally.

BINGO

Thanks for being honest, as I feel this is the crux of the anti gun movement - that certain types of guns are just somehow more inherently dangerous than others. Heres the problem with that logic; a trained shooter is considerably more dangerous with a handgun and 20 or less bullets than most avg joes with an assault rifle.

So then, you might be tempted to conclude that because most arent that well trained, that somehow you are correct. Well, heres the catch - are a few people killed by a simple handgun any less dead than a crowd of people gunned down by some tricked out assault rifle? Do you honestly feel better knowing only a few people died as opposed to maybe 5 or more? I dunno about you, but in my world, dead is dead, and as such, whether I am the lone victim or among a crowd, it doesnt matter - I'd rather our efforts be focused on me not dying at all - period - than simply trying to reduce how many other die along with me.

BINGO

Thanks for being honest' date=' as I feel this is the crux of the anti gun movement - that certain types of guns are just somehow more inherently dangerous than others. Heres the problem with that logic; a trained shooter is considerably more dangerous with a handgun and 20 or less bullets than most avg joes with an assault rifle.

So then, you might be tempted to conclude that because most arent that well trained, that somehow you are correct. Well, heres the catch - are a few people killed by a simple handgun any less dead than a crowd of people gunned down by some tricked out assault rifle? Do you honestly feel better knowing only a few people died as opposed to maybe 5 or more? I dunno about you, but in my world, dead is dead, and as such, whether I am the lone victim or among a crowd, it doesnt matter - I'd rather our efforts be focused on me not dying at all - period - than simply trying to reduce how many other die along with me.[/quote']well yes i do think we should be trying to reduce how many die in any given situation.

also what do you think to this info that i put in my other post did you also know Of the 139 guns possessed by the killers, more than three quarters were obtained legally.

well yes i do think we should be trying to reduce how many die in any given situation.

also what do you think to this info that i put in my other post did you also know Of the 139 guns possessed by the killers' date=' more than three quarters were obtained legally.[/b']

So, if you were the lone victim, would you feel any less dead? Just wondering...

Ok, and? You wont be happy until most guns - if not all of them - are locked up and/or banned, so what solution are you trying to convey that we could both agree on?

So' date=' if you were the lone victim, would you feel any less dead? Just wondering...

Ok, and? You wont be happy until most guns - if not all of them - are locked up and/or banned, so what solution are you trying to convey that we could both agree on?[/quote']If i had the solution if or anyone did it would be in place now, but that doesn't mean we should stop looking for it. Why does anyone need more then one gun? The fact that most of these guns were acquired through legal channels means there not going to the guy on the street to get them, there just walking into a shop and picking what they want. Hey if you have to limit there ammo aswel

I would of course still be dead but that doesn't mean i would wish others to go down with me, why would i or anyone want that? The way i look at it is like this, if just one life is saved then it was worth doing.

If i had the solution if or anyone did it would be in place now' date=' but that doesn't mean we should stop looking for it. [b']Why does anyone need more then one gun?[/b] The fact that most of these guns were acquired through legal channels means there not going to the guy on the street to get them, there just walking into a shop and picking what they want. Hey if you have to limit there ammo aswel

I would of course still be dead but that doesn't mean i would wish others to go down with me, why would i or anyone want that? The way i look at it is like this, if just one life is saved then it was worth doing.

I don't know what killers you are referring to with 139 guns, but that isn't normal. I DO have more than one though, for various reasons including specific use and many were gifts.

Gun sprees get the news, but gun violence in cities is so commonplace it barely gets a mention... but is still high and from mostly illegally obtained weapons. Massacre type shootings are more of a psychological issue than a gun control issue. It sucks, but it is.

I don't know what killers you are referring to with 139 guns' date=' but that isn't normal. I DO have more than one though, for various reasons including specific use and many were gifts.

Gun sprees get the news, but gun violence in cities is so commonplace it barely gets a mention... but is still high and from mostly illegally obtained weapons. Massacre type shootings are more of a psychological issue than a gun control issue. It sucks, but it is.[/quote']the 139 guns was the total of guns used, not the amount used by one guy lol.

So why do you need more then one gun to shoot a target with? it's the same result is it not?

i currently am not allowed to possess a firearm because of a completely non violent crime, and i couldnt hurt a fly, gun or not im very peaceful...could i obtain a gun illegally? yes...do i? no...should i be able to have a gun in my opinion? yes...would i ever use it on someone even if it meant my life or theirs? no...gun control is a weird thing eh?

Two possible directions this will take:

1 - advocating effective methods for conflict resolution

2 - blame guns

i blame guns

the world has to many guns' date=' and not enough dragonborn

[img']http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-309kf099WKI/T_F-pliQ3CI/AAAAAAAAHvk/NakLAT_94ms/s640/skyrim-costume-cosplay.png[/img]

125115695867684204dFQ6j1PFc.jpg

daedric-armor-e1334186988642.jpg

gould_c2e2_12_costumes2.jpg

only 3 dead? thats pitiful. My level 63 redguard would have sacked the whole village and stolen all of their sweetrolls.

If the guy didn't have a gun, he couldn't have shot those people, that much is obvious, but slowly I'm coming round to the idea the conceal carry is the best option available here, as far as normal, rational people are concerned, for defence purposes.

If i had the solution if or anyone did it would be in place now' date=' but that doesn't mean we should stop looking for it. Why does anyone need more then one gun? The fact that most of these guns were acquired through legal channels means there not going to the guy on the street to get them, there just walking into a shop and picking what they want. Hey if you have to limit there ammo aswel

I would of course still be dead but that doesn't mean i would wish others to go down with me, why would i or anyone want that? The way i look at it is like this, if just one life is saved then it was worth doing.[/quote']

Heres the point, and while I am not sure you will actually get it, I hope you will at least try to, even if you disagree; yes, it feels good to presume it matters if your in some way "reducing" the number of deaths caused by shootings. However, the bottom line needs to be, what will it take to deter people from resorting to this manner of violence at all? IMHO, one life lost is too much and need not be marginalized as in any way acceptable or tolerable.

If the guy didn't have a gun' date=' he couldn't have shot those people, that much is obvious,[b'] but slowly I'm coming round to the idea the conceal carry is the best option available here[/b], as far as normal, rational people are concerned, for defence purposes.

IMO that has always been the best option, anywhere. especially here in the UK with rising gun crime and the current gun laws we have. I am one of the minority that has a permit and if I go to certain areas never leave home without my 2, so I am better protected than the police on paroling

IMO that has always been the best option' date=' anywhere. especially here in the UK with rising gun crime and the current gun laws we have. I am one of the minority that has a permit and if I go to certain areas never leave home without my 2, [b']so I am better protected than the police office paroling[/b]

That's ****ed up.

What happens if a crazy gunman starts shooting civilians in broad daylight in the street?

people run for cover and we have to wait for the gun unit to arrive, luckily we dont get that scenario very often but gangs have more guns than they ever have and Police patrolling the estates have none. they may have a Taser tho

or if I was in the area I would shoot them

people run for cover and we have to wait for the gun unit to arrive' date=' luckily we dont get that scenario very often but gangs have more guns than they ever have and Police patrolling the estates have none. they may have a Taser tho

or if I was in the area I would shoot them[/quote']

I don't understand, why aren't UK police allowed to carry fire arms?

people run for cover and we have to wait for the gun unit to arrive' date=' luckily we dont get that scenario very often but gangs have more guns than they ever have and Police patrolling the estates have none. they may have a Taser tho

or if I was in the area I would shoot them[/quote']

how do you have a permit? from your military service? I could get one for a hunting rifle/shotgun but not for general carry

Archived