Is Alistair Overeem an all-time great? Says he's in the ranks.

Emrig

Source: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Alistair-Overeem-an-all-time-great.html

I just don't see it. Lost 11 fights and hasn't beaten any other truly great fighter imo. Says he's been undefeated for 5 years or whatever, but he's only beat 2 good fighers over that time. Lesnar and Werdum. Needs to beat winner of Dos Santos/Velasquez, then maybe.

LOLs dude got done for high testosterone when they tested him randomly.

Just because he won the K-1, SF and Dream title doesn't really make him a candidate for GOAT.

Dude beat Duffee for the Dream title, SF title could be won by almost any top 15 heavyweight.

However winning the K-1 grand prix should be given credit, that's K-1...

If he had during his time in Pride, had won the Pride tournament or the title, and then go win the UFC title, I agree he should be considered a GOAT.

Or if he wins the UFC belt and goes on a tear and defends the belt like 4x then yeah he could be in the running for one of the top 10 GOATs

No...you need a UFC belt to be considered an all-time great

His overall record makes it hard to consider him an all-time great

I think the next 5 years could tell a lot about him though and I'm curious to see how he does vs. JDS or Cain...if he could do well against them his stock goes up A LOT

whilst overeem wont beat cain or jds and will never be a goat' date=' the funny thing is he would most likely beat fedor.[/quote']

lol well that's because fedor is about 10 years out of his prime and overeem has roided for the last 5 years...if fedor/overeem fought 5 years ago overeem would have literally died :eek:

Source: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Alistair-Overeem-an-all-time-great.html

I just don't see it. Lost 11 fights and hasn't beaten any other truly great fighter imo. Says he's been undefeated for 5 years or whatever' date=' but he's only beat 2 good fighers over that time. Lesnar and Werdum. Needs to beat winner of Dos Santos/Velasquez, then maybe.[/quote']

Nope, Overeem isn't an all-time great, unless the rankings are based on how much horse meat you eat.

lol well that's because fedor is about 10 years out of his prime and overeem has roided for the last 5 years...if fedor/overeem fought 5 years ago overeem would have literally died :eek:

wouldnt say fedor was out of his prime by 10 years. More like he hasnt evolved in 10 years. The fedor of then was the best for his time. But times have changed and fedor didnt and its no longer sideshow fights and 1 dimensional opponents.

i think the overeem of today or the jds or the cain would beat the fedor of then.

I just don't see it. Lost 11 fights and hasn't beaten any other truly great fighter imo. Says he's been undefeated for 5 years or whatever' date=' but he's only beat 2 good fighers over that time. Lesnar and Werdum. Needs to beat winner of Dos Santos/Velasquez, then maybe.[/quote']

Another steroid loving loser

Im no Fedor fan but Allistair has a glass jaw' date=' Fedor would most certainly knock him out. Any time I hear "glass jaw" i think Overroids.[/quote']

i would hardly consider being KOd by Liddel, shogun and sergei = a glass jaw. those are some heavy handed strikers.

I hope JDS destroys overeem but his striking has certainly improved evident of his K-1 wins something i doubt many HWs could do since his last KO loss.

He is definately an all time great' date=' K-1 Champ, 3 HW titles, all around boss[/quote']

K1 champ, yet gotta give credit when credit is due.

3 hw titles..... Nahhhh

Beating buentello, glunder and duffee to get titles.... Doesnt make u a all time great.

Then again you are a kongo n rampage fan..... Delusion is your best quality.

K1 champ' date=' yet gotta give credit when credit is due.

3 hw titles..... Nahhhh

Beating buentello, glunder and duffee to get titles.... Doesnt make u a all time great.

Then again you are a [b']kongo n rampage fan..... Delusion is your best quality[/b].

True, I should like all the champs like yourself and change my Av to Anderson, sounds like fun

Alistair's legacy comes down to how he does against JDS or Cain. If he takes the UFC title and defends it a few times he will easily be the second best Heavyweight fighter of all-time. If he loses in his UFC title fight he will be written off as a juicing bum that couldn't hang with the UFC elite. It all comes down to how he does next fight.

Every divison I would say "***** u crazy"

But if we are talking just HW then he has a claim as being up in the ranks...its hard to think of 15 guys who have had a better HW career

Randy

Igor.v

Fedor

Big nog

Mir

Barnett

T.Sylvia

Brock (agh it is what it is)

Bas

JDS

All tip level dudes and without putting a lot of thought on it I say Overeem is behind them but if he beats JDS he would leap frog most of them

Every divison I would say "***** u crazy"

But if we are talking just HW then he has a claim as being up in the ranks...its hard to think of 15 guys who have had a better HW career

Randy

Igor.v

Fedor

Big nog

Mir

Barnett

T.Sylvia

Brock (agh it is what it is)

Bas

JDS

All tip level dudes and without putting a lot of thought on it I say Overeem is behind them but if he beats JDS he would leap frog most of them

No, Cro Cop mention? He has wins over Barnett, Igor, Coleman. Not to mention forum favorites and legends Al Turk and Perosh :P

And on a more debatable note where do you guys think people like Coleman and the older guys fall?

i would hardly consider being KOd by Liddel' date=' shogun and sergei = a glass jaw. those are some heavy handed strikers.

I hope JDS destroys overeem but his striking has certainly improved evident of his K-1 wins something i doubt many HWs could do since his last KO loss.[/quote']

Overeem tapped to a body triangle and baby punches in pride.

whilst overeem wont beat cain or jds and will never be a goat' date=' the funny thing is he would most likely beat fedor.[/quote']

Not likely considering Reem has been known to get ko'ed by other heavy hitters and Fedor is one of them. Fedor is also a complete mma fighter Reem is not. Reem also is a known cheater, Fedor is legit. So no.

No...you need a UFC belt to be considered an all-time great

His overall record makes it hard to consider him an all-time great

I think the next 5 years could tell a lot about him though and I'm curious to see how he does vs. JDS or Cain...if he could do well against them his stock goes up A LOT

****ing Fail... dude

you must be a troll.... or like 15...

no he's not... lol

You know what. let's have the same guys who are on Armstrong's back and who re-visited his old tests data to conclude that he had been using PEDs the whole time to take a look at Overeem's bloodtests and see what shows up.

How comes he ducks some tests and then when they catch him when he least expects it he scores 14:1. not like a 5:1 ratio to which everyone would be skeptical but would still give him the benefit of the doubt. 14:1 is crystal clear that he got caught while abusing stuff so **** him. no room for cheaters in HoF.

No' date=' Cro Cop mention? He has wins over Barnett, Igor, Coleman. Not to mention forum favorites and legends Al Turk and Perosh :P

And on a more debatable note where do you guys think people like Coleman and the older guys fall?[/quote']

Forgot **** him...Idk man its pretty close for those guys...cro cops pride wins were pretty impressive and his k1 adds something if you wanna add reems k1

It's to close to call with complete confidence but ill give it to reem but I will not shoot someone down for putting cro cop over him

Forgot **** him...Idk man its pretty close for those guys...cro cops pride wins were pretty impressive and his k1 adds something if you wanna add reems k1

It's to close to call with complete confidence but ill give it to reem but I will not shoot someone down for putting cro cop over him

Lol perfectly fair. The usual consensus for HW greats is usually:

1. Fedor

2. Nog

And then everyone else is usually very debatable. I've always had a soft spot for Igor Vovchanchyn so the fact that you even mentioned him earns you points in my book. :D

Lol perfectly fair. The usual consensus for HW greats is usually:

1. Fedor

2. Nog

And then everyone else is usually very debatable. I've always had a soft spot for Igor Vovchanchyn so the fact that you even mentioned him earns you points in my book. :D

Dead on, imo.

WHAT JOKE HES BEEN KOD 6 TIMES BY LHWS SIGNIFIGANTLY SMALLER THAN HIM

KO'D BY RUA TWICE IN FIRST ROUND

LITTLE NOG KO'D HIM IN 1ST ROUND, BEAT SENSELESS IN REMATCH

TAPPED TO STRIKES TO RICARDO ARONA 1ST ROUND

KO'D BY LIDDELL IN 1ST ROUND

KO'D BY KHARITONOV 1ST ROUND

Has only 2 career

wins agains top 10 heavyweights

HAS A GLASS JAW -LESNAR AND MAYBE WERDUM

LITTLE NOG KO'D HIM IN 1ST ROUND' date=' BEAT SENSELESS IN REMATCH

Has only 2 career

HAS A GLASS JAW -LESNAR AND MAYBE WERDUM[/quote']

Dude got schooled by Werdum last fight, even with roid advantage. Roided beach muscles will get exposed soon enough...again!

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/06/overeem-vs-werdum-ii-official.html

LITTLE NOG KO'D HIM IN 1ST ROUND' date=' BEAT SENSELESS IN REMATCH

Has only 2 career

HAS A GLASS JAW -LESNAR AND MAYBE WERDUM[/quote']

No one is sayin he's top 5...but he's uo there...top 15 maybe cuz his career still is impress

And so what been koed 6 times...all were legit.strikers...and his career has spanned years

So what's the magic number then since 6 is to much to be an all time great?

Find me some one with 48 plus fights but less the 6 ko losses and ill show you a guy who fights no no names

Archived