Will Chael retire after the beating from Jones?

Sisti

We all know Chael put EVERYTHING on red for his Silva rematch. He talked such a big game that a loss would severely ruin his reputation (and it did) and a win would be humongous. He obviously made enough of a name for himself that he could easily continue to be in MMA and draw interest, but his reputation took such a hit I don't see how it could ever bounce back.

With Jones, he has the same thing at stake, which is everyone will be watching this match

A lot of fighters (Penn, Brock, etc.) have retired after they lost a huge fight. I personally think Chael does have a chance at the belt, but he needs to go to MW and earn a title shot just like everyone else.

He has a small chance (I'd say about 10%) of winning the Jones fight. After that, he should go to MW and fight 3-4 fights to earn one last shot at the belt. There have been champions older than Chael with a belt.

What do you think though? Will Chael retire if he puts in a awful performance April?

Who knows, he might. If he can live with knowing the fact he isn't going to win a world title at MW or LHW till Silva and Jones are gone (but lets not get carried away, Sonnen hasn't fought Jones yet).

Plus Penn stopped because he felt he didnt want to go home all busted up and not being able to compete at a high level ( which is false because he has been fighting at 170, dude belongs at 155). Lesnar had his illness and i guess he just want more family time.

Chael might move on, he has said countless times if he ain't good enough to be world champion he will move onto something else

chael should of moved to WW he would of taken that belt from GSP.

I agree, he has a better chance taking a belt away from GSP then the much bigger JBJ. The minute JBJ fights someone bigger, he will be in trouble. Hence, dunking the HWs. He could easily move up. I wonder if chael can even make WW?

Hopefully! I would absolutely love it if he just went into seclusion for the rest of his life after Bones demolishes him. That won't happen though:mad: Fx, or Fox, whichever one he's one of the hosts for, will hire him full time so that instead of every now and again, we'd have to see and hear him every single time there's an event on whatever network.

Nope. He will go dow to MW again and, believe me or not, go after Silva again but this time little bit more lighter. UFC will give him (as did already once) no ground games guy at MW, Sonne will beat like 2 of them and get another shot at Anderson OR Sonne will go down to WW and do the same with GSP.

We all know Chael put EVERYTHING on red for his Silva rematch. He talked such a big game that a loss would severely ruin his reputation (and it did) and a win would be humongous. He obviously made enough of a name for himself that he could easily continue to be in MMA and draw interest' date=' but his reputation took such a hit I don't see how it could ever bounce back.

With Jones, he has the same thing at stake, which is everyone will be watching this match

A lot of fighters (Penn, Brock, etc.) have retired after they lost a huge fight. I personally think Chael does have a chance at the belt, but he needs to go to MW and earn a title shot just like everyone else.

He has a small chance (I'd say about 10%) of winning the Jones fight. After that, he should go to MW and fight 3-4 fights to earn one last shot at the belt. There have been champions older than Chael with a belt.

What do you think though? Will Chael retire if he puts in a awful performance April?[/quote']

Chael should retire and take his circus act somewhere else. He will never win a belt unless its in the women's division!!!

We all know Chael put EVERYTHING on red for his Silva rematch. He talked such a big game that a loss would severely ruin his reputation (and it did) and a win would be humongous. He obviously made enough of a name for himself that he could easily continue to be in MMA and draw interest' date=' but his reputation took such a hit I don't see how it could ever bounce back.

What do you think though? Will Chael retire if he puts in a awful performance April?[/quote']

10% is about 10 times too generous. This is really a terrible fight.

Archived