need some rap & hip/hop music suggestions

DL4TRU_STRENGTH

Looking for some new workout music, and since I'm not too hip to whats out there, I'd like some suggestions. NOT looking for goofy stoner music or gang banging ****....

Heres alot of what I already have:

ice T - colors, dmx/ice cube - eye of the tiger remix, 3/6 mafia - its a fight, roy jones - cant be touched, sir mix alot - iron man, jay z/kanye - ****** in paris & no church in the wild,eminem - till i collapse, kanye - jesus walks/stronger, eminem - wont back down, dr dre - i need a dr, ft minor - remember the name, house of pain - jump around, NWA - boyz in the hood

Looking for some new workout music' date=' and since I'm not too hip to whats out there, I'd like some suggestions. NOT looking for [b']goofy stoner music[/b] or gang banging ****....

Heres alot of what I already have:

ice T - colors, dmx/ice cube - eye of the tiger remix, 3/6 mafia - its a fight, roy jones - cant be touched, sir mix alot - iron man, jay z/kanye - ****** in paris & no church in the wild,eminem - till i collapse, kanye - jesus walks/stronger, eminem - wont back down, dr dre - i need a dr, ft minor - remember the name, house of pain - jump around, NWA - boyz in the hood

lol, pretty sure all the hip-hop you said you already have--they all smoke their fair share of weed.

just something along the lines of what I listed...thats the only way I can explain it.

Well, most of the mainstream hip-hop (if you wanna call it that) is crap IMO. Most of it is simple beats with no talent and the rappers feel the need to repeat the same lines over and over and over.

No offense to those that listen to that ****.

Listen to some intelligent rap like KRS-One, Eyedea and Atmosphere. Pick your own music, don't let MTV and the radio feed you.

Well' date=' most of the mainstream hip-hop (if you wanna call it that) is crap IMO. Most of it is simple beats with no talent and the rappers feel the need to repeat the same lines over and over and over.

No offense to those that listen to that ****.

Listen to some intelligent rap like KRS-One, Eyedea and Atmosphere. Pick your own music, don't let MTV and the radio feed you.[/quote']

While I am open to anything, I am in no way afraid to admit I like alot of whats on the radio. As a musician I am well aware that commercial stuff isnt always the best stuff, but, it often is what sells and for good reason - people like it.

Id say Eminem is very commercial/radio, yet considered among the best in the industry, just like Metallica.

While I am open to anything' date=' I am in no way afraid to admit I like alot of whats on the radio. As a musician I am well aware that commercial stuff isnt always the best stuff, but, it often is what sells and for good reason - people like it.

Id say Eminem is very commercial/radio, yet considered among the best in the industry, just like Metallica.[/quote']

IMHO if you want the best of any music start from this point and go back in years. Music today is garbage except for a small percentage of them

makes me sad looking at mtv today

Inbetweeners is awesome:D

I personally just like most of the high bpm rap to listen to. Lot of Lil John/ Lil Scrappy. Not really the the best lyrically but gets the blood pumping. Also DMX-What's my name, Tech N9ne - Riot Maker and some others. Will go through my playlist and suggest some others to you. Your list so far is pretty good. Bare & Datsik - King Kong gets the blood flowing as well, but may not be your thing....

Oh and Ante Up(rmx) MOP and Busta Rhymes, if I ever get around to doing a fight that's my walk out song for sure!!!

Archived