we need a ... religion/politics forum

TigerChamp

or at least have a thread stickied for it. anything. give this crap its own toilet please.

that way we dont have to see this in every other thread that gets derailed the moment somebody plays the religion or political card. we could just move it over there, never to be seen or heard of from the rest of us again.

then it often becomes nuisance bickering. thats why a whole sub-forum would work rather than a stickied post, because often these same kind of threads end often turn out the occasional ****sizing competition. and lots of it would have to be deleted

i think there should be a seperate area for this kind of crap. its clogging up the forums enough at it is. when i go into a thread about helping people in need, i dont expect to see 20 pages of Obama/Romney Christian/Muslim Bible/Holy Koran and a bunch of mindless bickering. this kind of crap it popping up in every thread and it really has no business

if they want to discuss all that crap every day, then give them a place to do so where it doesnt get in the way of the rest of the general discussion. they can go and praise their love for and preach about romney or obama, jesus mohammed allah or the mother ****ing tooth fairy for all i care. we just dont need to see it in every other thread here thats all.

or at least have a thread stickied for it. anything. give this crap its own toilet please.

that way we dont have to see this in every other thread get derailed the moment somebody plays the religion or political card. we could just move it over there' date=' never to be seen or heard of from the rest of us again.

then it often becomes nuisance bickering. thats why a whole sub-forum would work rather than a stickied post, because often these same kind of threads end often turn out the occasional ****sizing competition.

i think there should be a seperate area for this kind of crap. its clogging up the forums enough at it is. when i go into a thread about helping people in need, i dont expect to see 20 pages of Obama/Romney Christian/Muslim Bible/Holy Koran and a bunch of mindless bickering. this kind of crap it popping up in every thread and it really has no business

if they want to discuss all that crap every day, then give them a place to do so where it doesnt get in the way of the rest of the general discussion. they can go and praise their love for and preach about romney or obama, jesus mohammed allah or the mother ****ing tooth fairy for all i care. we just dont need to see it in every other thread here thats all.[/quote']

people need to stop being so sensitive and just let it go if they don't like a post...it's the internet, it's not that serious...

this forum is usually pretty good about keeping things light...we have the alan belcher longcat

that way we dont have to see this in every other thread that gets derailed the moment somebody plays the religion or political card. we could just move it over there' date=' never to be seen or heard of from the rest of us again.

then it often becomes nuisance bickering. thats why a whole sub-forum would work rather than a stickied post, because often these same kind of threads end often turn out the occasional ****sizing competition. and lots of it would have to be deleted

if they want to discuss all that crap every day, then give them a place to do so where it doesnt get in the way of the rest of the general discussion. they can go and praise their love for and preach about romney or obama, jesus mohammed allah or the mother ****ing tooth fairy for all i care. we just dont need to see it in every other thread here thats all.[/quote']

i think people just need to chill out...it's just a forum...it's meant to be able to talk freely and if it's too censored it loses something

people need to stop being so sensitive and just let it go if they don't like a post...it's the internet' date=' it's not that serious...

this forum is usually pretty good about keeping things light...we have the alan belcher longcat[/quote']

so every other thread where reasonable discussion is going on should continue to go to crap every time somebody mentions something involving religion or politics and becomes 20 pages of people bickering with each other?

it happens every time and its been clogging up these forums and destroying good threads for years. nobody is going to want to go into these threads and discuss any valuable opinion if its just going to get lost in the mix and go completely unnoticed because of people fighting over who has the bigger god or who has the better foreign policy plan and whatever crap. either it gets buried in the dust with the whole concept is lost, or it stays at the top of the forums every day because people cant stop arguing.

if you guys ****ing turn my thread into a religious/political debate i will find out where your great great grandmother is located, grab my shovel and proceed to get my necro on. ill wrap a skyrim flag around her and **** her for talos.. how about that?

so every other thread where reasonable discussion is going on should continue to go to crap every time somebody mentions something involving religion or politics and becomes 20 pages of people bickering with each other?

it happens every time and its been clogging up these forums and destroying good threads for years. nobody is going to want to go into these threads and discuss any valuable opinion if its just going to get lost in the mix and go completely unnoticed because of people fighting over who has the bigger god or who has the better foreign policy plan and whatever crap. either it gets buried in the dust with the whole concept is lost' date=' or it stays at the top of the forums every day because people cant stop arguing.

if you guys ****ing turn my thread into a religious/political debate [b']i will find out where your great great grandfather is located, grab my shovel and proceed to get my necro on. how about that?[/b]

that would be great as I am having great difficulty researching my mothers side of our family tree

but then again this is the outside section and kinda what its for

they need a subforum in here for that kind of stuff. it doesnt belong in every other thread and have to be followed up by 20 pages of nonsense the moment the word jesus or obama is mentioned in any kind of context

they need a subforum in here for that kind of stuff. it doesnt belong in every other thread and have to be followed up by 20 pages of nonsense the moment the word jesus or obama is mentioned in any kind of context

i know and kinda agree, but they will say 'It is the outside section' i think

I rarely stay in those threads long because of this.

or peeps could just man up and not freaked out because something is brought up that they don't agree with

Meh, to me it's too many rules...it's outside the UFC so anything goes. It's whatever to me...if someone wants to talk about something controversial, it's the internet just let it be. It's the same as people who want to censor the UFC...just turn the channel if you don't like it

There are so many goofy threads you could go to if thats where you want to go

I don't really mind the topics at all. Everyone is going to have an opinion on stuff and that's the purpose of the message forum - for fun and to post what your thoughts are. Some topics are going to be more interesting then others. Over half the threads in this forum are meaningless to me. Your mileage may vary. It's like watching something on tv - don't like it? Switch the channel.

many things' date=' different for everyone

but, generally speaking - the fear of being wrong, or the lack of control[/quote']

I disagree. In my case it's about wanting to know about other people's point of view. You saying people that question do so out of fear is rather unfair and makes you come off as thinking you, as a believer are somehow superior. That is what a lot of people take offense to.

I disagree. In my case it's about wanting to know about other people's point of view. You saying people that question do so out of fear is rather unfair and makes you come off as thinking you' date=' as a believer are somehow superior. That is what a lot of people take offense to.[/quote']

Did you not notice where I said its different for everyone?? :confused:

Also, you still seem rather quick to assume and respond with jabs and personal judgement. Whats up with that?

Did you not notice where I said its different for everyone?? :confused:

Also' date=' you still seem rather quick to assume and respond with jabs and personal judgement. Whats up with that?[/quote']

Hmmm...

which are a result of fear

Blanket statement...

many things' date=' different for everyone

but, generally speaking - the fear of being wrong, or the lack of control[/quote']

The way I read it, still a blanket statement stating that the type of fear is different for everybody.

As far as jabs and judgement... it's neither... for one thing, I'm no judge of anybody, for the other, I'm not taking a jab, it's an observation. I do think it's unfair of you to make a blanket statement that people who question are afraid. That statement as well as others make me think that you are above us non believers. I'm not calling you names or poking fun... it's not meant to be an insult, it's more saying that I'm the one who feels insulted.

If I took what you said the wrong way, because I took it as a rather petty blanket statement, you have my apologies.

Hmmm...

Blanket statement...

The way I read it' date=' still a blanket statement stating that the type of fear is different for everybody.

As far as jabs and judgement... it's neither... for one thing, I'm no judge of anybody, for the other, I'm not taking a jab, it's an observation. I do think it's unfair of you to make a blanket statement that people who question are afraid. That statement as well as others make me think that you are above us non believers. I'm not calling you names or poking fun... it's not meant to be an insult, it's more saying that I'm the one who feels insulted.

[b']If I took what you said the wrong way, because I took it as a rather petty blanket statement, you have my apologies[/b].

That was pretty solid of you to man up like that, thank you, you have my sincere respect for doing that.

Now it was indeed meant to be general, but thats why I qualified it by saying its different for everyone.I'm also trying to keep it real by being as honest & forth coming in how I see it. And, to be frank - I never specified whether I was speaking of believers or non believers, or even if that was directed to people talking about religion ;)

That was pretty solid of you to man up like that' date=' thank you, you have my sincere respect for doing that.

Now it was indeed meant to be general, but thats why I qualified it by saying its different for everyone.I'm also trying to keep it real by being as honest & forth coming in how I see it. And, to be frank - I never specified whether I was speaking of believers or non believers, or even if that was directed to people talking about religion ;)[/quote']

You are right

not just religion' date=' but with any subject...why do you think people have such strong reactions to certain subjects? Me thinks its fear...[/quote']

I am guilty of tunnel vision at times, sometimes I jump to conclusions.

Stuff being said on the net gets jumbled up sometimes, I know that what often is clear in my mind becomes lost when being put in to words. I tend to think if we were sitting down and talking face to face that there would be a lot less offense taken. My friends often joke that they have no idea what I'd be like angry because they've never seen it.

I call it like I see it, it doesn't mean I'm angry... or correct for that matter. ;)

You are right

I am guilty of tunnel vision at times' date=' sometimes I jump to conclusions.

Stuff being said on the net gets jumbled up sometimes, I know that what often is clear in my mind becomes lost when being put in to words. I tend to think if we were sitting down and talking face to face that there would be a lot less offense taken. My friends often joke that they have no idea what I'd be like angry because they've never seen it.

I call it like I see it, it doesn't mean I'm angry... or correct for that matter. ;)[/quote']

I agree completely!

Now, back to the point I was making in regards to why people get uppity...what are your thoughts on that?

I agree completely!

Now' date=' back to the point I was making in regards to why people get uppity...what are your thoughts on that?[/quote']

Maybe the internet brings out people's inner *******? :P

I talk about this stuff here because I all my friends care about is music, weed and booze... I don't like booze. Wait they talk about women too, but other than that... boredom. lolol

Archived