Sign in to follow this  
cruz2990

Winklejohn: Bones striking will soon reach A. Silvas level.

Very good post ^^^

Indeed.

What makes Silva so great is that he isn't scared of being hit, he even lets opponents take free shots at him. Jones is too cautious to be as good as Silva IMO

But hey, he still has 12 years to go, who knows how much he can improve?

LoL

He will obviously get better and better as time goes on

But he will never be on Silva's level

He just doesn't have the natural talent that Silva does

This.

Oh and when Anderson Silva was on his 18th fight, he had already lost 3 times. And not by dq.

He may one day be as effective in terms of putting most of his opponents away striking.

However he wont ever be as good' date=' the way Anderson drops his hands, casually slips shots and counters [b']world class fighters [/b]making them look like absolute jobbers is supernatural.

LOL....Uummm...no. If your gonna make the champ fight lower ranked fighters, I guess ya can play around a bit, make yourself look real good, why not?

LOL....Uummm...no. If your gonna make the champ fight lower ranked fighters' date=' I guess ya can play around a bit, make yourself look real good, why not?[/quote']

Ha ha, get in the ring with Bonnar and then tell me he isnt world class, outside the UFC he was a golden gloves boxer and holds black belts in multiple arts, only an idiot would say that isnt a world class fighter.

The fact is anyone who can make it to the UFC and notch up wins is in the top few % in the world, a UFC 'can' would wipe the floor with most fighters outside of that elite level. My point was Anderson is so good he makes even these guys who would be champions in any other organisation look like bums. So in your backwards way you are actually agreeing with me. well done

Ha ha' date=' get in the ring with Bonnar and then tell me he isnt world class, outside the UFC he was a golden gloves boxer and holds black belts in multiple arts, only an idiot would say that isnt a world class fighter.

The fact is anyone who can make it to the UFC and notch up wins is in the top few % in the world, a UFC 'can' would wipe the floor with most fighters outside of that elite level. My point was Anderson is so good he makes even these guys who would be champions in any other organisation look like bums. So in your backwards way you are actually agreeing with me. well done[/quote']

You're right about the fact that a UFC fighter would beat any normal guy, but you have to also admit that Bonnar's UFC career is not good at all... If he didn't have that Griffing fight on the TUF finale he would have been cut a long time ago...

I like Bonnar, but a fact is a fact...

You're right about the fact that a UFC fighter would beat any normal guy' date=' but you have to also admit that Bonnar's UFC career is not good at all... If he didn't have that Griffing fight on the TUF finale he would have been cut a long time ago...

I like Bonnar, but a fact is a fact...[/quote']

I didnt say his UFC career was great, what I said/implied was I regard any fighter who makes it to the UFC and beats other UFC level fighters as world class. And Anderson makes these world class fighters look average making him supernatural, thats it.

lol yea no....

only reason jones looks dominant is cuz he can cut to 205...when he cannot any longer he will be a can...

that's the most illogical argument ever...

LoL

He will obviously get better and better as time goes on

But he will never be on Silva's level

He just doesn't have the natural talent that Silva does

Exactly what I was thinking. There are fighters who through hard work and endless hours of training and repeptition create muscle memory and develop into extremely technically efficient strikers. GSP, Jones, Condit, Siver, are guys like this.

But there are the rare few that are just natural born fighters, you see it in the way they move, their timing and coordination. Anderson Silva is one of the best natural born fighters ever seen in any discipline. JDS, Jose Aldo, Cerrone, BJ, and even Liddell have this same quality, but none are on the same level, or ever could be, as Silva.

There is Sugar Ray Robinson, Bruce Lee, Muhammed Ali, and Now Anderson Silva as the pantheon of hand to hand combat.