Why is Griffin a huge underdog against Davis?

MikeyVengeance

Many people are counting Forrest out pretty bad for this fight and I don't see why. All Davis has on Forrest is wrestling.

1. If Forrest can keep this fight standing, he can outstrike Davis for 3 rounds.

2. They both have good submission skills, but I don't see anyone getting submitted because Griffin last finished a fight in 2007, and Griffin has never been submitted before, Davis won't be the first to do it.

3. If Davis takes down Forrest, I doubt he will lay and pray Forrest, there is no way he can keep him down, I don't think Davis can do what he did to Lil Nog, to Forrest.

Discuss

Many people are counting Forrest out pretty bad for this fight and I don't see why. All Davis has on Forrest is wrestling.

1. If Forrest can keep this fight standing' date=' he can outstrike Davis for 3 rounds.

2. They both have good submission skills, but I don't see anyone getting submitted because Griffin last finished a fight in 2007, and Griffin has never been submitted before, Davis won't be the first to do it.

3. If Davis takes down Forrest, I doubt he will lay and pray Forrest, there is no way he can keep him down, I don't think Davis can do what he did to Lil Nog, to Forrest.

Discuss[/quote']

Any educated fight fan should know that this one is a toss-up. Davis may have a better record, but Forrest's fight resume is a who's who of the biggest names in history.

I see Davis have a wrestling advantage and Forrest having a striking advantage. Both guys are very close to each other in terms of skills so I could see this going either way...I give a slight advantage to Forrest based on being way more experienced

hahah you obviously don't know that bjj is forrest's strong point

I know, I had Forrest as the best BJJ practitioner in the division... But Davis has this entity sorta like Jon Jones, where he is big, and forceful enough to get you in a submission, like it or not. Phil Davis will submit him, I am willing to bet on it. Kimuras are his bread and butter too, sorta like Paul Harris' leglocks.

I know' date=' I had Forrest as the best BJJ practitioner in the division... But Davis has this entity sorta like Jon Jones, where he is big, and forceful enough to get you in a submission, like it or not. Phil Davis will submit him, I am willing to bet on it. Kimuras are his bread and butter too, sorta like Paul Harris' leglocks.[/quote']

actually anaconda's are his bread and butter but i get what you are trying to say

but i still think forrest will out experience him just like hasha did

He's got wrestling' date=' youth, speed and most of all a love for fighting/determination to further his career that seems to have left Forrest along time ago. If you were the odd's maker would you not have Forrest as an underdog to?[/quote']

This. Forest left his fighting spirit and soul in the octagon for A. Silva to reap.

Archived