GSP says he's not afraid to stand toe to toe with Condit

shinyaaoki

GSP would out strike Condit with his eyes closed...With that said he d probably look to take it to the ground just because he can win like that easily...Condits an above average fighter but not elite in any way, cant wait for some of you too realize this! Bring on Kampmann, much better test.

GSP would out strike Condit with his eyes closed...With that said he d probably look to take it to the ground just because he can win like that easily...Condits an above average fighter but not elite in any way' date=' cant wait for some of you too realize this! Bring on Kampmann, much better test.[/quote']

GSP's striking is not elite by any means. He just mixes up his striking and takedowns well which makes his opponents hesitate.

GSP's striking is not elite by any means. He just mixes up his striking and takedowns well which makes his opponents hesitate.

might not be elite but if one thinks GSP should be scared too stand with Condit their just crazy. GSP is still one of the better strikers at 170.

If he says that he is an idiot.

Anytime you give away reach you run the risk of being hit first.Then you add to that Condit is sort of a runner/counter striker,he would rather WAIT for you to commit and catch you off balance.

GSP has always been a decent striker,but you don't remain Champion by relying on decent,his strength is superior to NONE in MMA,he should rely on take downs and improve that part of his game,NOTHING more.

GSP was scared to stand with Alves and hardy.

Scared to grapple with Kos and Shields.

GSP fights weaknesses to his full potential and comes out with decisions

GSP stood quite a bit with alves, and dropped him twice

GSP vs Kos part 1 was almost entirely a grappling match which he won handily

Come on. GSP was once pretty good on the feet. Not any more.

In his last fight he got his face messed up by Shields who is literally the worst striker in the division.

shields was getting his *** handed to him, he didnt land a punch until after he landed that eye poke which tore gsp retina, and after that he landed one good shot and still pretty much got his *** handed to him for the rest of the fight anyway

i said it before, 90% of this forum hates the guy and i cant find one hater post that isnt just a bunch of ignorant drivel party lines

shields was getting his *** handed to him' date=' he didnt land a punch until after he landed that eye poke which tore gsp retina, and after that he landed one good shot and still pretty much got his *** handed to him for the rest of the fight anyway

i said it before, 90% of this forum hates the guy and i cant find one hater post that isnt just a bunch of ignorant drivel party lines[/quote']

I'm not a hater, your just a lover.

Jakes stand up is awful. His fists shouldn't be anywhere near GSP's face.

Shields winning two rounds of a stand up fight is laughable. GSP isn't what he used to be.

I'm not a hater' date=' your just a lover.

Shields winning two rounds of a stand up fight is laughable. GSP isn't what he used to be.[/quote']

Once again, this ^^^ 100%

GSP should have finished that fight in the first round easily in my opinion

I'm not a hater' date=' your just a lover.

Shields winning two rounds of a stand up fight is laughable. GSP isn't what he used to be.[/quote']

shields didnt even land until he poked gsps eye out...which would account for his fists being anywhere near his face...but een at that i dont know where you get him winning two rounds, even with one eye i had gsp 50-45 hands down

i do love gsp, but i call it like it is. shields was never in that fight, dont be one of these party line idiots, gsp owned shields in that fight, and im saying that even though i was very upset that gsp didnt do much better because he could have. he lacked the killer instinct in that fight to my eyes without argument, but he did not lose a round, and if you think he did i heavily question your objectivity.

its way too much of a party line for haters to say he got "beat standing" by shields just because he landed one good shot and busted up his nose after severely damaging his

eye. the plain truth is shields was never in that fight and landed basically one or two good shots after gsp was half blind.

bottom line, gsp is not a KO artist but is one of the top strikers at 170 and he will stand with carlos condit and probably get the better of it

If Condit was a wrestler or JJ guy he would do that

But because Condit is a striker' date=' GSP will **** him all day instead[/quote']

Doesn't mean you can't jab a striker. GSP is way faster.

Only chance is if Condit can get inside. Condit has range, but all of his power comes from fighting inside, judging by his highlights on youtube. GSP is pretty quick to get in and out, and will jab him from the start, and setup takedowns. Still hope Condit pulls off a flying knee when GSP shoots though.

If Condit was a wrestler or JJ guy he would do that

But because Condit is a striker' date=' GSP will **** him all day instead[/quote']

I actually think Condits ground game is better than his standup. He has some of the most slept on BJJ out there. This is part of the reason im so confident Carlos smashes him.

I actually think Condits ground game is better than his standup. He has some of the most slept on BJJ out there. This is part of the reason im so confident Carlos smashes him.

the fact is, they are both excellent everywhere and this is going to be an exciting fight that takes place everywhere.

the only people talking crap are the mental midgets on the internet, especially here.....but the fact is these are the 2 most well rounded fighter at 170 and they will put on a show.

the fact is' date=' they are both excellent everywhere and this is going to be an exciting fight that takes place everywhere.

the only people talking crap are the mental midgets on the internet, especially here.....but the fact is these are the 2 most well rounded fighter at 170 and they will put on a show.[/quote']

Agreed. I think Carlos will bring the best out of him

After getting outstruck by rentboy Shields' date=' GSP will never stand with anybody again.[/quote']

see what im talking about? ^ this is top notch material right here

anyway i agree 100%, condit is going to bring out the best in gsp because he doesnt have a weakness to exploit, and hes skilled enough to actually give gsp a fight. really looking forward to it

the fact is' date=' they are both excellent everywhere and this is going to be an exciting fight that takes place everywhere.

these are the 2 most well rounded fighters at 170 and they will put on a show.[/quote']

Not a fan of GSP. But this is why I think GSP is a step above Silva and JBJ because he fights opponents who have impressive fight records......not #10 or #24 in their division. In a sense.......he faces fighters who can defeat him....which would not really suprise us MMA fans. Unlike Silva who fights Bonnar and Sonnen who will fight JBJ.....which we all said was just BS and not deserving to be in the same octagon......but we would be SHOCKED if they lost to the lower ranked fighter or we just laugh it off when they get destroyed by the champ.

Not a fan of GSP. But this is why I think GSP is a step above Silva and JBJ because he fights opponents who have impressive fight records......not #10 or #24 in their division. In a sense.......he faces fighters who can defeat him....which would not really suprise us MMA fans. Unlike Silva who fights Bonnar and Sonnen who will fight JBJ.....which we all said was just BS and not deserving to be in the same octagon......but we would be SHOCKED if they lost to the lower ranked fighter or we just laugh it off when they get destroyed by the champ.

these are special cases...

Jones has faced Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans and Vitor, all former champs... A lot of people think Machida can beat him, that he won one round, that Evans rocked him, that Vitor could've ripped his arm... If people say that they must believe they can BEAT Jon Jones...

However, they also say he fights middleweights and cans who could never beat them?

I really don't understand... I'm not saying you said all these, in fact I don't know... But it's the kind of things you here around, specially on this forum...

Jones opponents have been impressive, before and after the belt... you can't say he hasn't fought the top lightheavyweights...

The fact is you've never been right at picking a single fight. is it because you're a troll? possibly, but you seem to be more serious now a days. Still, your always wrong, and whoever you pick, will lose. so GSP wins.

The fact is you've never been right at picking a single fight. is it because you're a troll? possibly' date=' but you seem to be more serious now a days. Still, your always wrong, and whoever you pick, will lose. so GSP wins.[/quote']

Stopped reading right there.

I don't know why i'm replying to the biggest wagon hopping, only champ and top 10 loving clown on here.

Get off my **** son.

Archived