More and More Fighters Speaking Up About UFC Matchmaking

Doctor_Obviously

im glad fighters are speaking out...i think its BS so the fighters working hard have to have an even stronger opinion than we do...im not a big advocate on **** talk and hyping a fight in the first place i understand its a business and it has to be done but i wouldnt mind if they just showed fights and no pre fight BS so maybe thats why it erks me even more...if i wanted Chael Sonnen shenanigans i'd tune in to WWE a couple nights a week :rollseyes:

im a Condit fan. i know all about that stuff. but you're right.

Dana wants his payday' date=' regardless of legitimacy for the sport.[/b']Chael shoulda worked his way up, this isnt an 8-day notice situation anymore.

My theory is that Dana recognized the very real possibility that Chael had no shot of working his way up even if he beat Foresst you can't give him a title shot off that.

The only way to ever have this fight was to do it before Chael lost.

I hope the UFC gets the message before it's too late.

I don't think the Chael fight has tarnished the sport but if it becomes a precedent and more fights are booked like this I'll be pretty pissed.

it has tarnished the sport for sure.

The UFC is still young and still has many critics. Now they've given them munitions for a couple years again. How can people take this organisation seriously and believe these guys are professionnals and take them seriously when you look at it and see no clear rankings.. no wait.. forget the "clear"... you see no regards to any sort of ranking whatsoever.. and you see a dude who comes off a loss getting a shot at a weightclass above his weightlcass in which he has no win in the organisation.

The UFC is basically disrespecting itself by putting on this fight. Acting like a *****. does anything to get money.

it has tarnished the sport for sure.

The UFC is still young and still has many critics. Now they've given them munitions for a couple years again. How can people take this organisation seriously and believe these guys are professionnals and take them seriously when you look at it and see no clear rankings.. no wait.. forget the "clear"... you see no regards to any sort of ranking whatsoever.. and you see a dude who comes off a loss getting a shot at a weightclass above his weightlcass in which he has no win in the organisation.

The UFC is basically disrespecting itself by putting on this fight. Acting like a *****. does anything to get money.

Hmm you have a point it is almost insulting but I don't think the affects will be felt a year from now.

My theory is that Dana recognized the very real possibility that Chael had no shot of working his way up even if he beat Foresst you can't give him a title shot off that.

The only way to ever have this fight was to do it before Chael lost.

It's not that big of a deal. People have been given undeserved title shots since the very beginning. who ever said it had to be by rank? It's not a tourney format or anything, anymore that is. The most impressive fighter usually gets the shot. This is a crazy match up, but this is fighting... it's kinda not a sport.....

It's not that big of a deal. People have been given undeserved title shots since the very beginning. who ever said it had to be by rank? It's not a tourney format or anything' date=' anymore that is. The most impressive fighter usually gets the shot. This is a crazy match up, but this is fighting... it's kinda not a sport.....[/quote']

So, Chael is the most exciting fighter??

And name 5 undeserved title shots. Brock and Chael is 2, so just give me 3.

Anderson Silva' date=' Rampage against Jones, Velasquez v. Dos Santos II, Vitor v. Jones, Faber, there's a ton. LOL[/quote']

thank you sir

So' date=' Chael is the most exciting fighter??

And name 5 undeserved title shots. Brock and Chael is 2, so just give me 3.[/quote']

Someone already did for me :)

No Chael isn't that exciting imo. Why do you ask?

Overeem, who claims Dos Santos is a scaredy cat, says he's still building his legacy (via Fighters Only):

"I mean, I'm somewhere around the ranks (of Anderson Silva and Fedor Emelianenko). I'm on my way, five-years undefeated but of course you can't talk that much about yourself and I don't want to I think that's something for the people to decide by themselves, you know? I'm just here to build my legacy, I still have a lot of years left in me, I'm healthy, I have no injuries, I'm very motivated, I'm very happy now to be fighting for the UFC and working hard to create my legacy. For me, I'm just doing the thing I love every day."

tumblr_m8rbdxEJu91r6dv7t.gif

Half the true LHW contenders are little school girls that have burned Dana in the past. Chael has gone on record of saying he was still training for Jones in the very possible situation that Vitor injures himself before the fight.

Machida - Wanted more money to fight Rashad for a #1 contender fight. Tito Ortiz instead took the fight on a few weeks notice after having just fought.

Dan Henderson - Knew 3 weeks in advance about his injury while training for Jones and instead keeps it secret and in turn only gives the fighters a weeks notice when his injury is outed and he pulls out of the fight. Jones wouldn't accept any new fighters on such short notice and in turn the event was cancelled.

Rashad - Didn't fight for a whole year because he wanted to keep his #1 contender status and wanted to only fight Shogun. His last fight at the time for #1 contender was against Rampage, in that time Rampage fought twice since their fight before Rashad fought again.

Also challenged Jones to a title fight nine weeks out thinking Jones would duck due to the limited time. When Jones gladly accepted the fight, Rashad immediately pulled out.

Shogun - Nothing much to say, he's fought all comers outside of Texiera, but in that case he's far from being the only one who didn't want anything to do with Texiera. If anything he's not high on the LHW totem pole notoriety wise, but he's still a solid fighter.

That said, I don't blame Dana for this match up. Is it fair? Far from it. To take a line from one of Chris Rock's jokes

"I'm not saying I would do it.... but I understand" - Chris Rock on O.J. Simpson.

Here's my take in all of this.

Jones beaten all the who's who, former champs etc. Those people wouldn't step up to face him again... it's a shame really. Don't be scare homies...

Of course Chael doesn't deserve the shot, for a guy who just suffer a high profile loss, a MW moving up to LHW with no LHW fights experience.

Chael is a one of those top 5 earners in the UFC because he can sell a fight well, that's pretty much his only talent, oh and grinding. He doesn't know wtf he just step into, and he will get smashed by Jones. Chael doesn't care...if he loses it is still a win for Chael, because he can sell the fight, he makes $, Zuffa makes $, everybody wins. Beside he lost too many times, 1 more aint gonna hurt.

Jones need time to heal his arm and training, he ran out of quality opponents, Chael can sell fights and the war of word has already begun, this makes good entertainment. TUF and Chael's pie hole will make this fight huge. Jones need to erase doubts that he's ducking Chael because he's afraid.

UFC is an entertainment business, they need to make $. Fighters need to be skilled and entertaining. This aint no Olympics!

Everybody wants to see the champ beat the crap out of Chael, somebody got to be the bad guy, classic good vs evil?

Thanks to Chael we got entertainment!!! This is a win win for everybody.

This is the way I look at it we don't know if we're ever gonna see another JBJ/A.Silva/Jose aldo as dominant as they are. I feel like we are wasting their careers by doing stupid ****. I wanna be able to show my nephew fights that are more modern and get him pumped. Instead I will be showing him all the fight's that got my into the sport. I'm talking in terms of the Liddell vs Tito/Couture how crazy those fights were and that both fighters were very deserving of the **** that was going down.

most undeserved title shot in ufc history.

war chael

I respect Sonnen for stepping up and offering to fight at 151 and if he had a title shot then to save the card I would have accepted that. However he in no way shape or form should get a title shot when there are more viable contenders who are willing with a full training camp. Sonnen has never won at 205 in the UFC and has not fought at 205 in years and lost his last fight.

Jones is just to good and to big... There is no clear contender and the UFC cannot wait for years for some to appear.. Because of this they have to choose someone.. In this case it was Chael as he was one of the few who actually showed intrest in the fight....

The other fighters should accept this and stop crying about it.. someone getting another win and actually earning a title shot would be a welcommed change in the UFC...

You are an annoying nutthugging troll now..... You used to be cool man.... :(

Oh no' date=' not another one who hates me because I like a certain fighter....so it makes me uncool? lol Come on man....it isn't even about Jones--could be any champion--bottom line is....[u']Chael doesn't deserve a title shot.[/u]

5634_464f.gif

You asked for it...

7joneslongreachlongcatbydrobv.jpg

It'll be nice to watch when Jones shuts Chael's mouth for him. So it's not all THAT bad.

You sir are an idiot. He lost twice to Silva and still talks. He realizes that is the only way he will get a big fight. He will always be the smack talker instead of the exciting fighter. Sad that idiots like you don't realize it.

Then ppl get mad at me when I say sometimes there is a sort of conspiracy inside UFC. Of course not every time or every fight but there are situations where we see fights being set up, fighters set for fail, fighters set for success, etc.

Im glad slowly and innocently the fighters are bringing this up and if you are smart enough you can go figure.

You sir are an idiot. He lost twice to Silva and still talks. He realizes that is the only way he will get a big fight. He will always be the smack talker instead of the exciting fighter. Sad that idiots like you don't realize it.

So you accept that Chael doesn't desserve the title shot and that he's also not an exciting fighter?

Now we're talking...

Oh no' date=' not another one who hates me because I like a certain fighter....so it makes me uncool? lol Come on man....it isn't even about Jones--could be any champion--bottom line is....[u']Chael doesn't deserve a title shot.[/u]

My question to you is very simple, why do you care?

Are you Lyoto Machida, Dan Henderson, Shogun Rua? No then, once again, why do you care?

You get to see your favorite fighter weekly and afterwards he fights a fighter you (Doc) obviously don't like. To me this sounds like win win for you.

Adding onto this, it brings some life into the stagnate LHW division, outside of Hendo every big name contender has already been beaten by Jones and the other contenders don't have the name/draw yet. With the big names actually having to fight for a chance, this can bring some new blood into the division (Glover, Gus) and even get Dan his title shot.

Also save the TUF.

Jones is just to good and to big... There is no clear contender and the UFC cannot wait for years for some to appear.. Because of this they have to choose someone.. In this case it was Chael as he was one of the few who actually showed intrest in the fight....

The other fighters should accept this and stop crying about it.. someone getting another win and actually earning a title shot would be a welcommed change in the UFC...

Hendo and Machida both wanted a shot with a full training camp. Hendo and Jones are both recovering from an injury so it would be perfect to let them do a TUF and then fight. Machida wanted a shot but wanted a full training camp since he took a fight on short notice before. Either would be a better option for the fight. I don't care about drama on TUF, I watch the show to see the up and coming fighters.

It could be that he enjoys the spirit of competition and finding out who is the best...

Chael is not the best...

Then once again I don't see your problem. If Chael is not one of the best, then Jones won't have to worry about getting injured from the fight. Then Machida/Hendo can have the full training camp they have been waiting for.

Then Jones can begin his endless rematch cycle.

My money is on Chael, you guys are gonna give him 117 odds, I love it.

First Hendo' date=' then Rampage, now JDS......who's next?

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/10/24/3550294/junior-dos-santos-alistair-overeem-chael-sonnens-ufc-155-mma

Giving Chael an undeserved title shot has opened up a can of worms. UFC should wake up.

Discuss. :cool:[/quote']

Wake up? Who cares what they think? Hendo ruined UFC 151, Rampage is a roid popping drunk driving punk and JDS should just shut up and fight bumbs he's spoon fed.

I don't like Chael but if he was my employee and he brought in PPV buyers like he does for Dana, I'd give him what he wants. If those chumps don't like it...they can go to Bellator.

What about the fighters who whinedwhinedwhined when Jones turned the first one down? So, do we no longer blame him for 151? How was Sonnen more deserving then? Because all the other contenders said no first? Jones didn't want to fight -no- fighters then. He didn't wa t Sonnen. Beeeecause? He didn't deserve the shot. You cant blame a fighter because the organization wants a stupid fight and forces it down his throat....

they better be giving overroid random drug tests before the fight

**** him.

and sonnen vs jones 5 months later makes no sense at all this fight is completely stupid. sure if nobody else would have stepped up last month to save the card, then it could have been okay. but now? really a dude who doesnt fight at LHW gets an instant title shot immediately after getting KTFO? whatever makes for good card filler i guess

whats next are they going to gift wrap frankie edgar another title shot? oh yeah i forgot they already tried but he got hurt

they better be giving overroid random drug tests before the fight

**** him.

and sonnen vs jones 5 months later makes no sense at all this fight is completely stupid. sure if nobody else would have stepped up last month to save the card' date=' then it could have been okay. but now? [b']really a dude who doesnt fight at LHW gets an instant title shot immediately after getting KTFO? whatever makes for good card filler i guess[/b]

whats next are they going to gift wrap frankie edgar another title shot? oh yeah i forgot they already tried but he got hurt

p4p troll killing logic

Archived