World Series

MrKobayashi

Quick serious question.

Why is it called the World Series when only teams from the US compete? Or am I mistaken.

... and don't say because we're the only country that matters :P

They do have a real world championship tournament, but they don't go all out with their pitching, because the major leagues are more important. Cuba, Japan, the Dominican Republic, and Venezuela are all good.

They do have a real world championship tournament' date=' but they don't go all out with their pitching, because the major leagues are more important. Cuba, Japan, the Dominican Republic, and Venezuela are all good.[/quote']

Finally an answer. I always thought it was US based event with a Japanese team getting a wildcard for promotional reasons.

Cheers dude.

Finally an answer. I always thought it was US based event with a Japanese team getting a wildcard for promotional reasons.

Cheers dude.

WBC. Japan is just really good. Its a real competitive tourney. Its only been played twice so far, both times Japan has won. But the national teams do get stocked with major leaguers too.

Go angels... I'm upset that my team disappointed this season' date=' but I'd like to see the tigers win, although Pablo's game last night was something special[/quote']

I thought the Angels were definite contenders. Kinda couldn't believe they didn't even make the playoffs. Trout was dope to watch play though. I'm from Salt Lake and got to see him play here. Lots to look forward to next year, that team is going to be sick.

Archived