Awesome JDS Vs Velasquez Trailer

Counter_You_All_Day

Thanks for the post that was a good watch. I see JDS winning again, but I believe Cain will make this a much tougher fight this time around. Sad thing is they are both champion level fighters, it just so happens JDS has the perfect style to never lose. He won't be taken down often, he gets up off the ground immediately, his chin is sollliddd, and his hands are devastating.

Thanks for the post that was a good watch. I see JDS winning again' date=' but I believe Cain will make this a much tougher fight this time around. Sad thing is they are both champion level fighters, it just so happens JDS has the perfect style to never lose. He won't be taken down often, he gets up off the ground immediately, his chin is sollliddd, and his hands are devastating.[/quote']

You could easily be describing a prime chuck there. Yea very true WAR Cigano

Exactly! I have said all along that JDS is a HW Chuck Liddel.

He looks good against Great wrestlers with average striking and great JJ guys with average striking. But he will be exposed just like Chuck when he runs into better strikers than him.

eg Overeem ;)

Yea it's scary how similar they are (in Chucks prime). Only difference I see is JDS doesn't actually get hit as much as Chuck used too, so hopefully his chin holds up (that's not a knock at Chuck!!). And to think about it Chuck came from a wrestling background, where as JDS comes from a boxing background (or was it kickboxing?). So I'd have to say chucks wrestling was better, and Junior's hands are better.

He looks good against Great wrestlers with average striking and great JJ guys with average striking. But he will be exposed just like Chuck when he runs into better strikers than him.

eg Overeem ;)

I wouldn't say exposed.. I'm not sure who has the better striking, kicks and knees have to go to Overeem, and you can make the argument JDS has the better boxing. Although Overeem has some skills in his hands as well, but I believe he falls short of Juniors level, but not by much.

I just can't wait to see that fight...... The two most skilled strikers at HW gong at it! Yes Please!!!

eg Overeem ;)

maybe Overeem can't take a hit well though, he might as you say have better striking but I would put money that JDS finishes him when he connects clean.

I wouldn't say exposed.. I'm not sure who has the better striking' date=' kicks and knees have to go to Overeem, and you can make the argument JDS has the better boxing. Although Overeem has some skills in his hands as well, but I believe he falls short of Juniors level, but not by much.

I just can't wait to see that fight...... The two most skilled strikers at HW gong at it! Yes Please!!![/quote']

The only reason I say "exposed" is because of the way everyone talks about him like he is Ali or something!

He hasen't faced a technical striker yet with huge power. His best striker to date is Gilbert Ivel. Not that impressive.

I would actually say Cain is the best striker he has faced and we didn't get to see much of Cain in that fight unfortunately. I hope Cain grinds him out and reigns down some bombs on his face for a while. We have yet to see Juniors cardio truely tested yet. He has been fighting guys with no gas tank like Nelson Carwin and Mir.

maybe Overeem can't take a hit well though' date=' he might as you say have better striking but I would put money that JDS finishes him when he connects clean.[/quote']

Overeem is a nightmare match-up for Junior. Sure Junior could knock him out... But 8 out of 10 times Overeem wins.

Jds will not be able to dance around throwing out a weak jab at will like he has with previous opponents. If he tries that with Overeem he will get his legs and liver destroyed with kicks. In close Overeem will rag doll him and Uberknee his guts into oblivion. and if he tries to grapple, (which he will after he tastes Reems power) He will get tossed on his *** like Werdum.

His only hope will be to "pull a Condit" and run for five rounds.

Overeem is a nightmare match-up for Junior. Sure Junior could knock him out... But 8 out of 10 times Overeem wins.

Jds will not be able to dance around throwing out a weak jab at will like he has with previous opponents. If he tries that with Overeem he will get his legs and liver destroyed with kicks. In close Overeem will rag doll him and Uberknee his guts into oblivion. and if he tries to grapple' date=' (which he will after he tastes Reems power) He will get tossed on his *** like Werdum.

His only hope will be to "pull a Condit" and run for five rounds.[/quote']

I haven't seen anything from Reem that suggests JDS will have to run especially since he failed a drug test, it kinda tarnished all his recent relevant wins (Werdum and Lesnar even though I think he would have beat Lesnar still).

i think cain is winning this fight. No dout he can get Junior to the mat and if he does its going to be over. I highly doubt cain will come out looking to stand again.

i think overeem is hoping jds wins because cain would be a nightmare matchup for him. Im a JDS fan by the way but this is the reality.

i think cain is winning this fight. No dout he can get Junior to the mat and if he does its going to be over. I highly doubt cain will come out looking to stand again.

i think overeem is hoping jds wins because cain would be a nightmare matchup for him. Im a JDS fan by the way but this is the reality.

You are forgetting JDS has superb TDD and is trained by the Nogs in bjj. Big Nog has said his bin is very good.

So basically if the fight stays stood up JDS wins. If and that's a big if Chain takes JDS down Junior can still win from the mat and will get back to his feet with ease if needed.

JDS wins trust.

You are forgetting JDS has superb TDD and is trained by the Nogs in bjj. Big Nog has said his bin is very good.

So basically if the fight stays stood up JDS wins. If and that's a big if Chain takes JDS down Junior can still win from the mat and will get back to his feet with ease if needed.

JDS wins trust.

his TDD has hardly been tested, i mean Mir is very sloppy with his takedowns and i dont recall anyone else trying to take him to the mat. Im confident cain can avoid the submission game, doesnt big foot silva also have a black belt???

bj penn also has superb takedown defence but he can be taken down and im sure the same can be said for JDS.

Archived