Who was less deserving of a title shot?

Pengu

Lesnar challenging Couture or Chael challenging Jones?

Lesnar was 2-1, 1-1 in the UFC, at the time the division didn't really have a lot of heavyweights and a set contender, however Lesnar was still just 2-1.

Chael, 2-2 in his last 4 fights, 2 of them of course is to Silva. However he "stepped up" on 8 days notice, and Dana claims he was the only dude wanting to fight JBJ apart from Hendo.

Jones is hurt so might as well make a TUF season out of it, and put Sonnen on.

But he is coming off a LOSS to the champion who is smaller than Jones.

Unless Davies' date=' Guss or for that matter anybody else make iz clear they want title shot, Chael has it. Word [u']deserving [/u]has no meaning in LHW, cause deserving ones have no wish to confront JBJ.

Wouldn't you step up to fight Jones (get a truck load of cash even if you get whooped, get an immediate top 5 position in the division with barely nothing to lose)? I know I would...

I can understand why some of them didn't want to take the fight with Jones especially the one's who had already fought him before.

I just don't get why some of the people on this forum and fighters, who called Jones a ***** for not taking the fight with Chael back in UFC 151 are outraged about this you gave Dana reasons to legitimize this decision.

Mir won over Lesnar.

then both had wins:

Lesnar vs Herring at 87 and Mir vs Big Nog at 92.

and Big Nog had defeated Herring.

and Lesnar gets the title shot.

Jones looks untouchable for LHWers.

then they pick a MWer who's coming off a loss.

both are quite stupid' date=' but my vote goes for Sonnen, because Lesnar at least had a chance.[/quote']

yeah but you have to remember Lesnar fought Couture at UFC 91 before Mir beat Nog and Couture asked Dana for the fight.

Wouldn't you step up to fight Jones (get a truck load of cash even if you get whooped' date=' get an immediate top 5 position in the division with barely nothing to lose)? I know I would...

I can understand why some of them didn't want to take the fight with Jones especially the one's who had already fought him before.

I just don't get why some of the people on this forum and fighters, who called Jones a ***** for not taking the fight with Chael back in UFC 151 are outraged about this you gave Dana reasons to legitimize this decision.[/quote']

I never thought Jones was the one to blame for 151, Chael's title shot was not desserving then and it's not desserving now...

Back to the topic, Lesnar was currently fighting at HW at the time, Chael hasn't been fighting in LHW for years

/thread...

Archived