Sign in to follow this  
Emrig

Stephan Bonnar on A. Silva: "He lives in the matrix. Never felt that way in a fight."

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Dana-White-discusses-Jeff-Blatnick,-Sonnen-vs-Jones-criticism,-Silvas-next-opponent,-and-more.html

Good read. Lots of good nuggets of news in there. I thought the most interesting was the stuff where Bonnar and Dana where flying home together from the fight and Bonnar was telling Dana about his fight with Silva. Classic stuff.

This guy does live in the Matrix. If his next fights aren't against GSP and/or Jon Jones it's should be a crime. I wanna see how deep the rabbit hole goes!

Sure feels that way for those who try to stand and trade punches with him. Take Silva down and he will panic.

GETTING IN PANIC = Sub Sonnen, Hendo and Luter ?

This kind of statement really make me wonder what type of MMA fans are around here.

Well ya no kidding,since the UFC thought Bonnar-Griffin was the next coming of christ,it shows how shallow the content has been.205 has always been real bad,we had NOG considered as a super star,Couture was nicknamed Captain America,just ridiculous that such weak talent was considered top notch.I just named two super slow moving very limited skills and Bonnar is comparing Silva to those lugs?

Actually look over Bonnar's entire career,he has faced NOBODY but cans.So ya even a slight improvement form a CAN would seem amazing to him.

Well ya no kidding' date='since the UFC thought Bonnar-Griffin was the next coming of christ,it shows how shallow the content has been.205 has always been real bad,we had NOG considered as a super star,Couture was nicknamed Captain America,just ridiculous that such weak talent was considered top notch.I just named two super slow moving very limited skills and Bonnar is comparing Silva to those lugs?

Actually look over Bonnar's entire career,he has faced NOBODY but cans.So ya even a slight improvement form a CAN would seem amazing to him.[/quote']

Ermm, what?

i really wish people would just start posting the full articles rather than just reposting for other mma websites

ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS NOT EVEN THE RIGHT ARTICLE

i really wish people would just start posting the full articles rather than just reposting for other mma websites

ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS NOT EVEN THE RIGHT ARTICLE

Really wish you would find it and post it yourself if it's such a big deal.

What I got out the read was that Dana once again said he called every contender at 205 and no one said yes

I believe him that not one single 205er would step up for a shot to win a UFC world title and cash in on a big pay day.

Oh wait, no I don't.

GETTING IN PANIC = Sub Sonnen' date=' Hendo and Luter ?

This kind of statement really make me wonder what type of MMA fans are around here.[/quote']

Hendo didn't take Silva down when he was submitted.

Dude...it's not like he's in the matrix

I know it's cool to talk about stuff like that and all, but he's just COMPLETELY BETTER than Bonnar

Bonnar is a joke compared to Silva's skill level. Yes, Silva is a great great fighter but he has the most unproportional matchmaking in the history of the ufc. He's the number 1/2 p4p guy fighting the number 100-130 p4p guy

Any fight of this uneven skill will look like this. Did you ever watch bully beatdown? It's a joke to see how a regular tough guy off the street does against a trained fighter...there's just a huge difference in skill between some people

If Jones fought the number 30 guy in heavyweight it would look the same way. Same as if GSP fought the numbe 25 guy at MW

Anyways, I shouldn't say too much because I do like Silva and am glad that he stays humble. He's similar to Fedor...super humble but other people keep making them out to be something way more than they are. They are great fighters...but they're human like anyone else and can lose at any point

Hendo didn't take Silva down when he was submitted.

Have not seen that one in a while...so silva took Hendo down or pulled guard and Hendo went for it or did silva jump on his back I can't remember

I know it's cool to talk about stuff like that and all' date=' but he's just COMPLETELY BETTER than Bonnar

Bonnar is a joke compared to Silva's skill level. Yes, Silva is a great great fighter but he has the most unproportional matchmaking in the history of the ufc. He's the number 1/2 p4p guy fighting the number 100-130 p4p guy

Any fight of this uneven skill will look like this. Did you ever watch bully beatdown? It's a joke to see how a regular tough guy off the street does against a trained fighter...there's just a huge difference in skill between some people

If Jones fought the number 30 guy in heavyweight it would look the same way. Same as if GSP fought the numbe 25 guy at MW

Anyways, I shouldn't say too much because I do like Silva and am glad that he stays humble. He's similar to Fedor...super humble but other people keep making them out to be something way more than they are. They are great fighters...but they're human like anyone else and can lose at any point[/quote']

You have kinda a point but silva also fooled a top 10 LHW and former champ in griffin...I don't see jones beating mir,carwin,cain or even big nog....I also don't see GSP beating Franklin....**** I think GSP would lose to most MW top ten guys (vitor,bisping,Belcher,Stann,Sonnen maybe,Weidman)

Have not seen that one in a while...so silva took Hendo down or pulled guard and Hendo went for it or did silva jump on his back I can't remember

He rocked Hendo, took his back and sub'd him. In my eyes it's his most impressive win by far.

He rocked Hendo' date=' took his back and sub'd him. In my eyes it's his most impressive win by far.[/quote']

oh okay now I remember....send it was him down I remember the first round quite well I assumed he took him down....and well it also is its silva

Sure feels that way for those who try to stand and trade punches with him. Take Silva down and he will panic.

12ers gonna 12

Well ya no kidding' date='since the UFC thought Bonnar-Griffin was the next coming of christ,it shows how shallow the content has been.205 has always been real bad,we had NOG considered as a super star,Couture was nicknamed Captain America,just ridiculous that such weak talent was considered top notch.I just named two super slow moving very limited skills and Bonnar is comparing Silva to those lugs?

Actually look over Bonnar's entire career,he has faced NOBODY but cans.So ya even a slight improvement form a CAN would seem amazing to him.[/quote']

Or perhaps that some fighters are just leagues beyond skill-wise, what other fights can ever dream of doing.

I know it's cool to talk about stuff like that and all' date=' but he's just COMPLETELY BETTER than Bonnar

[b']Any fight of this uneven skill will look like this[/b]. Did you ever watch bully beatdown? It's a joke to see how a regular tough guy off the street does against a trained fighter...there's just a huge difference in skill between some people

Anyways, I shouldn't say too much because I do like Silva and am glad that he stays humble. He's similar to Fedor...super humble but other people keep making them out to be something way more than they are. They are great fighters...but they're human like anyone else and can lose at any point

Just like Jones/Belfort and GSP/Hardy, right? Man, those fights were exactly as impressive as Silva/Bonnar.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Dana-White-discusses-Jeff-Blatnick' date='-Sonnen-vs-Jones-criticism,-Silvas-next-opponent,-and-more.html

Good read. Lots of good nuggets of news in there. I thought the most interesting was the stuff where Bonnar and Dana where flying home together from the fight and Bonnar was telling Dana about his fight with Silva. Classic stuff.

This guy does live in the Matrix. If his next fights aren't against GSP and/or Jon Jones it's should be a crime. I wanna see how deep the rabbit hole goes![/quote']

I hope Bonnar's soul has remained intact.

tumblr_lv1qnw6bIF1qlskhvo1_500.gif

Haha!!!

Anyways, I shouldn't say too much because I do like Silva and am glad that he stays humble. He's similar to Fedor...super humble but other people keep making them out to be something way more than they are. They are great fighters...but they're human like anyone else and can lose at any point[/quote']

do you even watch mma???

Bonnar may not be the best LHW but he is far from a can. Just to refresh your memory who bonnar has LOST to and how

Jon Jones ( current champ) LOST BY DECISION

Rashad Evans ( former champ) LOST BY DECISION

Forrest griffin ( former champ ) LOST BY DECISION

Bonnar is far from a pushover and he was able to take those 3 former (and current) champs to decision , so to say bonnar is like a regular joe from bully beatdown tells me you either dont know crap about mma or you just hate bonnar

I dont think anyone in the LHW would be able to dominate bonnar like that , not even jones

No man he's seriously in the Matrix.