Forrest said it years ago

I think its one of the most stupid statements in all of sports

It's up there with Jon madden's "half of football is 90% mental"

Mike Tyson

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth

is the original statement

Joe Louis said it first as far as I know

"Everyone has a gameplan until they get hit."

Still a stupid statement to me...I'm not saying every game plan works but to deny that you have one and expect it to work is stupid

Cus had a game plan for tyson and when he stopped that (cuz he died) you saw what happened

Fact is if people go into almost every sporting event that requires you to physically go against another if you have no game plan that means not only do you not know yourself but you also don't know your foe and that leads to defeat more times then victory

Jack Johnson in 1909, in an interview about his upcoming fight with Gentleman James Sullivan, but it is such a basic truth in any kind of combat it probably was first said by some Greek or Macedonian a few thousand years ago.

Still a stupid statement to me...I'm not saying every game plan works but to deny that you have one and expect it to work is stupid

Cus had a game plan for tyson and when he stopped that (cuz he died) you saw what happened

Fact is if people go into almost every sporting event that requires you to physically go against another if you have no game plan that means not only do you not know yourself but you also don't know your foe and that leads to defeat more times then victory

I think you're misunderstanding the statement...

Everyoe has some way they think they are going to beat me then I punch them in the mouth.