Which scenario is more likely to happen

DL4TRU_STRENGTH

The govt becomes so powerful and unaccountable that it eventually assumes control over the people, in a manner like declaring marshal law, but to a greater degree? Or, will the people eventually get so fed up with the govt that we will take it back by force and reform it?

This is just for grins & giggles, so please dont get all worked up over it thinking this is too unrealistic to fathom.

Well I think it is obvious that many of your amendment rights are slowly being eroded in the name of National Security. Perhaps it will eventually be a slow evolution to something similar to martial law... who knows. I don't see a USA full of Anarchists swarming the streets looking to overthrow the Gov't. What I hope to see is a swing in the way America votes and looks to eventually vote in a Gov't that respects the Constitution and the rights and freedoms of every American.

Well I think it is obvious that many of your amendment rights are slowly being eroded in the name of National Security. Perhaps it will eventually be a slow evolution to something similar to martial law... who knows. I don't see a USA full of Anarchists swarming the streets looking to overthrow the Gov't. What I hope to see is a swing in the way America votes and looks to eventually vote in a Gov't that respects the Constitution and the rights and freedoms of every American.

Your not being very fun...cmon broski, play along...go epic, brave new world!!!

The govt becomes so powerful and unaccountable that it eventually assumes control over the people' date=' in a manner like declaring marshal law, but to a greater degree? Or, will the people eventually get so fed up with the govt that we will take it back by force and reform it?

This is just for grins & giggles, so please dont get all worked up over it thinking this is too unrealistic to fathom.[/quote']

Government first, people second. Or around the same time they usually go along with each other. People revolt when the gov. oversteps a certain point, but are willing to put up with some major b.s. before that point.

Government first' date=' people second. Or around the same time they usually go along with each other. People revolt when the gov. oversteps a certain point, but are willing to put up with some major b.s. before that point.[/quote']

I tend to agree, as I am not inclined to have our govt be taken over by a mass of angry fanatics who simply dont like obamacare. That said, I think the govt will eventually cross a line the masses dont like, and will thus vote in new people. So long as we have the option to vote, we get what we want/deserve. If they try to alter that - then ya, its go time for the people to ride up.

I tend to agree' date=' as I am not inclined to have our [b']govt be taken over by a mass of angry fanatics who simply dont like obamacare.[/b] That said, I think the govt will eventually cross a line the masses dont like, and will thus vote in new people. So long as we have the option to vote, we get what we want/deserve. If they try to alter that - then ya, its go time for the people to ride up.

Ironic, considering the ideology you advocate.

The govt becomes so powerful and unaccountable that it eventually assumes control over the people' date=' in a manner like declaring marshal law, but to a greater degree? Or, will the people eventually get so fed up with the govt that we will take it back by force and reform it?

This is just for grins & giggles, so please dont get all worked up over it thinking this is too unrealistic to fathom.[/quote']

Its not Grin and Giggles and deeply you are afraid of the govt. taking over??

With the TSA = Touch some ***

Who would trust this govt would be lame?

Archived