Technical savy gamers!!! i need some advice!

mmafan73

That card says 400w minimum. IMO' date=' 600w is the lowest I'd go these days, that gives you a little upgrade room.[/quote']

i know what the spec says...was wondering if anyone has any other advice on if it would, and how it would work with a 350....

i was planning on either buying a 500-550W or using 2 PSU's in my pc...

ty for your reply...anyone else got any info?

^by the way my source is me...i installed that exact same card on a friends system that was running a 300w and it works just fine...he actually didnt even look into it because he isnt very technically savy but i had an extra 550W laying around in case but instead of doing all the extra work on that i tried it first and it worked fine off a 300W...dunno why its advertised 400...hope this helped...if you wanna be safe get a 550 or 750 just so you have wiggle room for the future

yes it will work

Not necessarily, though it most likely will.

Without knowing your exact system specs we can't really give you a definitive yes or no answer. You can try it out first and see, though it might work fine for a while but cause some problems down the road. IMO, just get a 500w if you are already thinking about it, using 2 PSU's is more trouble than it's worth.

If you want to know for sure, post the rest of your system specs.

Well, just your CPU and that card cranked at full 3d will be pushing your current power supply. Like I said, it might be fine at first but you'll most likely be sorry down the road if you intend to use the card for it's intended purpose. If you don't want to push the card because of power, get a lesser card.

Well' date=' just your CPU and that card cranked at full 3d will be pushing your current power supply. Like I said, it might be fine at first but you'll most likely be sorry down the road if you intend to use the card for it's intended purpose. If you don't want to push the card because of power, get a lesser card.[/quote']

okily dokily:)

thnx for the infoz

yea and those no names fry your Motherboard and CPU....nty lol

im looking at a 500 for 30 bucks....good brand and its modular =D

I go for name brands myself as well, but I've never had problems with no names, and I've built more computers than I can remember. Thirty bucks is still cheaper than I thought, computer prices are crazy these days. I remember when it was cheaper to build your own. :P

I go for name brands myself as well' date=' but I've never had problems with no names, and I've built more computers than I can remember. Thirty bucks is still cheaper than I thought, computer prices are crazy these days. I remember when it was cheaper to build your own. :P[/quote']

i would say it still is, especially if your making a mac daddy computer...

if you pay for a premade PC with a good processor its gonna have **** with it and its gonna have a high price....making your own, you can get what you need and not any of the extra ****....

i would say it still is' date=' especially if your making a mac daddy computer...

if you pay for a premade PC with a good processor its gonna have **** with it and its gonna have a high price....making your own, you can get what you need and not any of the extra ****....[/quote']

Computers are unbelievably cheap here in Montreal when you go to mom and pop shops. I tried as hard as I could to build my last 2 for cheaper than a place I go to here and cheaper than anything online buy at least 100$. I seriously don't know how a couple of them make money.

Also, you spec these the way you want.

Why do you need such a card? Do you even have the processor to not bottlebeck your performance? With only a 350W PSU I'd guess the processor isn't that spectacular as is.

You might be trying to put nitro glycerin in a ford pinto. And if your processor isn't "a pinto", you are probably going to get black sreen on any graphically intense games.

Why do you need such a card? Do you even have the processor to not bottlebeck your performance? With only a 350W PSU I'd guess the processor isn't that spectacular as is.

You might be trying to put nitro glycerin in a ford pinto. And if your processor isn't "a pinto"' date=' you are probably going to get black sreen on any graphically intense games.[/quote']

i posted my specs....my processor isnt a pinto

You might be trying to put nitro glycerin in a ford pinto. And if your processor isn't "a pinto"' date=' you are probably going to get black sreen on any graphically intense games.[/quote']

I have the exact same processor, and while it is not an i7, it is perfectly adequate to run any game out at the minute on max settings @ 1900x1080. Plus CPU's are not power hungry they just tell the power where it is needed so wattage is irrelevant.

Just for arguments sake, my GPU is an HD6950 2gb and I can run Battlefield 3 on ultra at 60 fps if I so wish (but turn it down to high to get around 90fps), it can run The Witcher 2 (which is one of the biggest resource hogs currently on the PC). But considering 90% of pC games are console ports which are all designed for 6 year old hardware a 960T is ample for now (even though AMD are not a patch on intel atm the price is much cheaper).

I am lucky, if I want I can unlock 2 more cores on my CPU in my bios by enabling one simple option (which I have tried and it works, but I tend not to use it to prolong the life of the CPU), all 960ts have 6 cores and the option to unlock but depends on your motherboards if it will work or not.

Archived