top ten best one punch knock out artists

shinyaaoki

fighters that would be considered to have dangerous punching power. (hands only' date=' no kick/knees). Thoughts?

- Glover Teixeira

- Alistair Overeem

- Dan Henderson

- Vitor Belfort

- Wanderlai Silva

[b']- John Dodson[/b]

- Rampage Jackson

- Big Foot Silva

- Cain Velasquez

- Anderson Silva

Don't belong ^ but I like the rest

fighters that would be considered to have dangerous punching power. (hands only' date=' no kick/knees). Thoughts?

- Glover Teixeira

- Alistair Overeem

- Dan Henderson

- Vitor Belfort

- Wanderlai Silva

- John Dodson

- Rampage Jackson

- Big Foot Silva

- Cain Velasquez

- Anderson Silva[/quote']

By your list, I don't think you understand the term one-punch KO power.

Brad Pickett

Paul Daley

Johnny Hendricks

Jake Ellenberger

JDS

Those are one punch KO artist.

- Glover Teixeira

- Alistair Overeem

- Dan Henderson

- Vitor Belfort

- Wanderlai Silva

- John Dodson

- Rampage Jackson

- Big Foot Silva

- [b']Cain Velasquez[/b]

- Anderson Silva

How do you have Velasquez on that list but not JDS? Who has he "one punched" besides BigNog? Didn't he have to punch Rothwell like 438 times to get a tko?

How about Carwin? One punched his way to a title shot, then stopped juicing and look what happened.

- Glover Teixeira

- Alistair Overeem

- Dan Henderson

- Vitor Belfort

- Wanderlai Silva

- [b']John Dodson[/b]

- Rampage Jackson

- Big Foot Silva

- Cain Velasquez

- Anderson Silva

Bold are big no's.. And where is Carwin, Paul Daley, Brad Pickett? Jeremy Stephens and Guillard also have heavy KO power

"One punch knock outs" have always been weird to me. Unless you throw just 1 punch in a fight and it results in a KO' date=' it shouldn't be a One Punch KO. Weakening someone and then knocking them out isn't 1 punch.[/quote']

It normally is used for guys who start a combo with an "inside punch" even if they are not in the range and it connects and put the other guy out

It something one should rare do but it works for some

I would also say the following combo would work as a one punch ko...when JDS koed werdum he threw a jab that didn't connect (werdum may have moved or blocked it I can't remember) but JDS followed it up with an upper and that punch koed werdum

It indeed was a jab that was thrown but it had little effect I think but the inside punch of JDS connected flush and put his guy away...the jab did no damage

A list of guys who come to mind are

Daley

Hendo

Leban

Manhoef

Lawler

Carwin

JDS

Hendricks

Bang Ludwig

Stann

I love Overeem but I don't remember any time he put a guy away with one punch sorry

He has finished a couple a guys with one punch. Duffee, Lee Tae-Hyun... Yes he through combos but it was more or less one clean punch that put them out. If you include K1 fights he has more too. Or how about one knee knockouts?

"One punch knock outs" have always been weird to me. Unless you throw just 1 punch that connects in a fight and it results in a KO' date=' it shouldn't be a One Punch KO. Weakening someone and then knocking them out isn't 1 punch.[/quote']

Partialy fixed. But, you sir, are correct.... But the real question is, what if the punch that knocked you out in round 2 connected cleanly at the start of round 1? would it have ko'd you?

Don't remember him putting anyone away with one punch...most of them were flurries after rocking some one

That's no slight against his striking though

Couture 2, Vernon White, Randleman, but to be honest I don't think they were all yhe way out.

I get what you're saying though, he didnt have any true one hitter quitters.

- Glover Teixeira

- Alistair Overeem

- Dan Henderson

- Vitor Belfort

- Wanderlai Silva

- John Dodson

- Rampage Jackson

- Big Foot Silva

- Cain Velasquez

- Anderson Silva[/quote']

the majority of those fighters havnt had a "1-punch-KO in years.

Rampage? dont make us laugh.

Cain has never 1-punched any fighter.

Reem has never fought real competition and gets KTFO when he does.

Belfort can only strike the back of heads.

He has finished a couple a guys with one punch. Duffee' date=' Lee Tae-Hyun... Yes he through combos but it was more or less one clean punch that put them out. If you include K1 fights he has more too. Or how about one knee knockouts?[/quote']

Yah but that's only two in a lot of mma fights....and its only a one punch ko if only one connecting punch made its mark (the JDS combo that koed werdum is a good example)

And if we are going to go with k1 fights aswell its still not that much...reem does not gave alot lof k1

Couture 2' date=' Vernon White, Randleman, but to be honest I don't think they were all yhe way out.

I get what you're saying though, he didnt have any true one hitter quitters.[/quote']

Couture 2 was an eye poke so that one is not legit...Vernon white was not a one puncher...he rocked him many times...and randleman did drop from one punch but it was the gnp that ended the fight

Archived