do we take sports to serious?

BruteDion

I mean come on...read this and try to defend these fans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223059/Marine-lost-legs-Afghanistan-forced-restaurant-cruel-taunts-rival-football-fans.html?ICO=most_read_module

Was it not last year someone at a Dodgers game kill a Giants fan for wearing a jersey (might have been vice versa)

Also i think we say the term "war hero" to loosely...not sayin this guy was not one...he clearly lost something is that war...but I mean other people who serve

Some sports. Here in England we have alot of trouble with football(soccer) fans fighting and rioting with each other, but sports like rugby and cricket don't inspire that kind of behaviour.

From what i can tell you have the same problem with football(handegg) that Canada has with hockey, and we have with football(soccer).

I agree the term war hero is banded about too loosely these days. And the guys mother was a bit over sanctimonious saying 'He risked his life over there for everyone in that bar'. Did he go over there thinking 'I am going to go fight the Taliban for a group of people in a bar than I do not even know?' or even 'for everyone in my country'? Heck no, he went over because that was his job and thats what he got told to do. Don't say you did something for me, when I never asked you to... you did it for your own reasons not because of anyone else so spare me....

Honestly' date=' that is very uncommon in this state. This is a HUGE military state, and they are treated with a lot if respect.

Regardless, those people are pieces of ****. No excuse for that.[/quote']

Yah it uncommon but to take your fan hood to that level just cuz he like a rival team (most of all when that teams nickname is "Americas team" and is a very patrioticly viewed team but we can get into that on another thread)

To insult this man and make his family feel uncomfortable is way out of line...sure I talk a lot of **** during a game I'm in or rooting for but to take it outside the arena is beyond low

Sports is ment to help escape life or better yourself for the sake of competition...you do not blend it into real life if your not a player

Some sports. Here in England we have alot of trouble with football(soccer) fans fighting and rioting with each other' date=' but sports like rugby and cricket don't inspire that kind of behaviour.

From what i can tell you have the same problem with football(handegg) that Canada has with hockey, and we have with football(soccer).[/quote']

Yah that's how it is sometime...people riot if they win or lose the World series it seems...if I was a mayor of a town or city I would be worried if my team won or lost a title game

I agree the term war hero is banded about too loosely these days. And the guys mother was a bit over sanctimonious saying 'He risked his life over there for everyone in that bar'. Did he go over there thinking 'I am going to go fight the Taliban for a group of people in a bar than I do not even know?' or even 'for everyone in my country'? Heck no' date=' he went over because that was his job and thats what he got told to do. Don't say you did something for me, when I never asked you to... you did it for your own reasons not because of anyone else so spare me....[/quote']

Yah I agree but I look at it a little more as what they did in the military...I'm more inclined to call a trooper on the ground and in the **** of things a hero...but if your a paper pushed who's job is to sit in AC most of the day telling others what to do I doubt u did anything that would call you a "hero"...no insult to the job or anything...ur just as important but I don't see the same honor in that as a trooper

Now a friend of mine is in the Navy and his job title is unknown to me but I know what he does...he is the guy who tells the mechanics what to do on the airplains to keep it in top shape...sure he does make sure the pilot does not die in a crash but he's not the one turning the wrench if you get me...he does not think he is a hero

of course we do...if we didnt athletes wouldnt make astronomical salaries, for real athletes are making more than heart surgeons and **** like that which is crazy...i have also seen an Eagles fan pour beers(mind you its like a 8 dollar beer at a game) on a kid that couldnt be older than 8 years old and his dad for just wearing a NY Giants jersey...

of course we do...if we didnt athletes wouldnt make astronomical salaries' date=' for real athletes are making more than heart surgeons and **** like that which is crazy...i have also seen an Eagles fan pour beers(mind you its like a 8 dollar beer at a game) on a kid that couldnt be older than 8 years old and his dad for just wearing a NY Giants jersey...[/quote']

Alcohol is usually involved in bad fan behavior.

Archived