Can Chael TD Jones???

MattN

Well, we haven't seen anybody take Jones down in the ring yet. The only time I saw Jones on his back is when he pulled guard.

Knowing Chael, dude is a 1 trick pony. If he can't take JJ down to neutralize the stand up, he got no chance, dude never KO anybody before in his fights. He only use his striking to setup for take downs

Jones started MMA as a wrestler, and being tall he'll have better leverage to spawl. Jones probably will train TDD obsessively as well as defending on his back along with BJJ if it comes to that.

His long reach will definitely helps gauging the distance, more time to see the TD coming, easier to defend them.

Jones finishes most of his fight by subs, and Chael lost all of his fights by sub except the last TKO by Anderson. But it's always more fun watching KOs than sub for me.

Do you see Chael getting the TD? Because I don't, unless Jones was extremely careless.

There is absolutely no chance of Fail taking Bones down. Even if he gets deep in on the single or double, it'd be like a little kid trying to Wrestle with his dad. Bones is way too big, too strong and too good of a Wrestle to even be threatened by Fail Sonnen. I bet that if they clinch and Wrestle, Fail's only strength, Bones still dominates and tosses him around like a little kid. This fight will be the 1 or 2 round complete domination of Fail Sonnen, ending with him be choked unconscious.

Chael will be able to take him down.

Chael has another weapon besides his takedowns and that's the ability to pressure his opponents and not let them implement their gameplan. Even if he has to eat some shots from Jones to get a td or even get a few punches in he will.

This is something Jones hasn't had to deal with at all. Nobody besides maybe Machida has pressured Jones at all, they just kind of gaze at him and let him do his thing.

Chael most likely won't do that.

I don't think chael will get the td. I think its actually more oikely that jones pulls guard on him. Even if chael puts him down I expect jones to be able to get back up at will or to get the triangle very quickly. Do you realize how easy it is for jones to slap a triangle on someone like Sonnen? With the length of his legs hell he could probly manage to triangle Sonnen's chest and crush his ribcage without even having to get a leg above the shoulder to get a traditionnal triangle. That's honnestly what I would do...

Sonnen can't survive a minut in Jone's guard imo.

Well' date=' we haven't seen anybody take Jones down in the ring yet. The only time I saw Jones on his back is when he pulled guard.

Knowing Chael, dude is a 1 trick pony. If he can't take JJ down to neutralize the stand up, he got no chance, dude never KO anybody before in his fights. He only use his striking to setup for take downs

Jones started MMA as a wrestler, and being tall he'll have better leverage to spawl. Jones probably will train TDD obsessively as well as defending on his back along with BJJ if it comes to that.

His long reach will definitely helps gauging the distance, more time to see the TD coming, easier to defend them.

Jones finishes most of his fight by subs, and Chael lost all of his fights by sub except the last TKO by Anderson. But it's always more fun watching KOs than sub for me.

Do you see Chael getting the TD? Because I don't, unless Jones was extremely careless.[/quote']

without a doubt Sonnen can Take Bones down

I don't think chael will get the td. I think its actually more oikely that jones pulls guard on him. Even if chael puts him down I expect jones to be able to get back up at will or to get the triangle very quickly. Do you realize how easy it is for jones to slap a triangle on someone like Sonnen? With the length of his legs hell he could probly manage to triangle Sonnen's chest and crush his ribcage without even having to get a leg above the shoulder to get a traditionnal triangle. That's honnestly what I would do...

Sonnen can't survive a minut in Jone's guard imo.

ur over rating jones' guard when we have yet to see it...

I cant belive the level of BRAINLESSNESS that people would even comment on this threat..

Sonnen is barely a MW gatekeeper, and a big fat ZERO in the LHW division...The only reason he is where he is is his mouth..aqnd everyone is stupid enough to keep feeding him...

I hope jones ends Sonnens career!!!

To say a former Olympic wrestler does not have the ability to take someone down is silly. The ability is always there. Jones is big' date=' but so is Chael and Chael has had pretty good success of taking down anyone hes wanted to so far.[/quote']

Has Jones ever even been taken down? He's fought some NCAA wrestling champs as well.

What legit wrestlers have shot on him?

Rashad never shot on him

Bader was pretty good wasn't he? I'm 87% sure he tried for a TD. Also your argument is unfair towards Jones. He fights in a way that people don't get a chance to shoot on him. I think the fact that he has fought NCAA wrestling champs and they haven't shot on him goes in his favor even more against Sonnen.

Bader was pretty good wasn't he? I'm 87% sure he tried for a TD. Also your argument is unfair towards Jones. He fights in a way that people don't get a chance to shoot on him. I think the fact that he has fought NCAA wrestling champs and they haven't shot on him goes in his favor even more against Sonnen.

Bader can't set up a takedown for ****, look at his fight with Machida

Bader can't set up a takedown for ****' date=' look at his fight with Machida[/quote']

Damn you I think your missing my point. Jones doesn't need to defend take downs most the time because he doesn't give his opponents an opportunity to go for them. Rashad I bet would have loved to take him down just if he went for it was going to get completely ****ed up.

Bader can't set up a takedown for ****' date=' look at his fight with Machida[/quote']

And Sonnen doesn't set up his take downs for ****. He shoots and drives, no set up. Thing is, that will only work against the non-Wrestlers he faces. When you do that to a bigger, stronger, better Wrestler, you get tossed to the side and pounded out.

And Sonnen doesn't set up his take downs for ****. He shoots and drives' date=' no set up. Thing is, that will only work against the non-Wrestlers he faces. When you do that to a bigger, stronger, better Wrestler, you get tossed to the side and pounded out.[/quote']

Incorrect. From this post alone I can tell you have never trained.

Incorrect. From this post alone I can tell you have never trained.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Fail doesn't set up take downs. He shoots and drives, that's it. That won't work against a bigger stronger Wrestler. Or..., it's unlikely to work against Bones. Bones is too big and too strong for Fail. Even if he gets deep on the double, he's not strong enough to do anything other than get sprawled on, turned and pounded the **** out. Fail Sonnen is a joke. This is a joke fight. RIP Fail Sonnen.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Fail doesn't set up take downs. He shoots and drives' date=' that's it. That won't work against a bigger stronger Wrestler. Or..., it's unlikely to work against Bones. Bones is too big and too strong for Fail. Even if he gets deep on the double, he's not strong enough to do anything other than get sprawled on, turned and pounded the **** out. Fail Sonnen is a joke. This is a joke fight. RIP Fail Sonnen.[/quote']

You are just a Chael Sonnen hater who has never trained a day in your life.

LMAO @ some of these clue less kiddies on this forum. You damn right Chael can take Jones down, anyone that says otherwise is deluded. Now having said that if the question was instead 'Can Chael finish jones after taking him down?' Then the answer would be a 'Well... probably not'

Bones will most likely win the fight. However you better believe Chael can and will take Jones down in the fight and has a chance of grinding out the win via lay n pray however small that chance maybe.

Archived