just saw one of the greatest films of my life: Cloud Atlas (potential spoiler)

BruteDion

Sweet mother of god it was amazing

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Acting: best total cast of the year I think...only AVENGERS comes close....and they all killed it

Plot: if you pay attention (like you should be in any film) then it will not throw you for a loop...just shut up and then about what you just saw

Lighting: perfect...there was many different setting in many different eras and all were done brilliantly

Entertainment factor: if you are a "shoot em up/insane action" action kinda guy then stay away from this...its a lot more Citizen Kane (huge compliment) then it is The Matrix so don't expect it to be totally like the matrix since its done by the same people

My thoughts: truly truly brilliant....a 10/10...I cried at the end and so did others...much of the crowd sat to the end of the credits and more just talking about it....broke my top 10...maybe top 5...just need time to think out my list in great detail to way my fault on them all again

Forgot to post a link to the trailer...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BFeRC1qJS_w

Looks cool.

What's the main premise of the movie without giving to much away.

Well it kinda has the ideals of karma in it...I'm no Hindu expert but from what I know of it, it seems to have little bets of the ideas of "nirvana" in it and how to get there

The film has many different story in it but they are all connected like how our "next lives" would be and how no matter what if your cause is just even the universe can't hold u back

The cast is small but that let's the heavy hitter actors take over it....smashing acting the whole way

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't get a chance to see this post a while back' date=' but I have to say - this movie absolutely sucked. I saw it a few weeks ago. The plot line was horrible. It had it's good moments like most movies, but the overall plot line absolutely was terrible.[/quote']

Well I will not tell you to go see it again in the theaters but redbox it when you can cuz a friend of mine hated it but was it again and liked it the second time cuz he didnt fully grasp the story

If there are iffy parts for you this maybe the case....it me it had a lot of puzzle pieces and if yoy don't put it all together then u can't grasp it

wasn't this the movie where all the parts requiring Asian actors were played by white people in yellowface makeup?

tumblr_mcozlu9tFJ1qd0wbb.jpg

Yes, that's the second major reason this movie was horrible - this was one of the worst make up jobs in a movie I've ever had to pay money to see. The first reason this movie was horrible was because of the jumbled up plot.

wasn't this the movie where all the parts requiring Asian actors were played by white people in yellowface makeup?

tumblr_mcozlu9tFJ1qd0wbb.jpg

Not at all...complete lie if I ever heard one

that's Hugo weaver...the guy who played Mr.smith in the matrix

Doona Dee (nay have spelled her name wrong) played most of the Asian parts and she also player a white lady at the end

Yes' date=' that's the second major reason this movie was horrible - this was one of the worst make up jobs in a movie I've ever had to pay money to see. The first reason this movie was horrible was because of the jumbled up plot.[/quote']

Either you just lied here to support your claim or you didn't get the movie

You know there were black men in that futuristic time line with squinty eyes so don't try to say only white people were in that "all Asian" futuristic time line cuz it was not an all Asian time line

jim_2380718b.jpg

British actor Jim Sturgess

keith-david-cloud-atlas-535x600.jpg

Keith David....he also was in that story line and he also had slanted eyes(not his pic form that time line...I can't find it)

My point is EVERYONE had slanted eyes in that time line...include the other black guy in that time line...blacks,whites,and Asian (yes there were asians and they all were played by asians) the only time a person somewhat pretended to be a diffrent race was Doona Dee who is Asian and played almost all the Asian parts played a white women or what I though was a white women

Archived