Unbiased view on GSP vs Condit

carnages

My unbiased prediction(I hate both)

After Condit feels Georges jab he will not want to stand with him anymore.

So he will shoot and midway threw the takedown and halfway into Georges Roid belly Condit will realize that he cannot takedown GSP so he will butscoot to jabs.

GSP will do his best smothering in Condit's gaurd, but Condit's gaurd is way too active, Condit will sweep and start landing bombs on Georges. Then Georges will turn over to the side and tap the mat.

Condit TKO round 1or2or3

I have GSP coming out aggressively, but Condit's footwork and unique striking being too much for him to find much success. About two minutes into the first round, Condit's still looking for his chance to land a big, unorthodox strike and GSP takes him to the ground instead.

Condit tries to work from his guard to get back up, to sweep, or to catch GSP in a submission and Georges manages to keep him on the floor and ruin him with ground and pound. From that point on, Condit gets taken down and mercilessly beaten each until either the fifth round ends and GSP takes the decision or until he can't take anymore.

GSP by unanimous decision.

Round 1 starts and GSP charges forward for the takedown. Condit back peddles. GSP does his best to close the gap throwing jabs, Condit blocks and counters with a THUNDEROUS leg kick that Georges almost feels. This repeats itself for two rounds.

Round 3 opens and Georges is looking frustrated. He tries to corner Condit, and throws one of those huge spinning roundhouses he's always doing in his promos. Condit ducks under and runs, the kick keeps going and takes out Herb Dean. Herb is out. Neither fighter knows what to do.

Suddenly Nick Diaz jumps into the cage with a steel chair. He blasts Condit over the head from behind, knocking him out. GSP is confused, but happy. He reaches for the handshake, Diaz responds with a dual middle finger. He throws a kick to the stomach, GSP buckles over, STUNNER! BAH GAWD A STUNNER! Diaz flips off the crowd and quickly leaves the cage. Herb comes to to find Condit and GSP both unconscious. He declares the fight a draw, and strips the title from both "champs". GSP and Condit wake up angry. They call for a mic. Issue a challenge for a tag team match against the Diaz Bros. at Summer Slam. Dana makes it happen.

Hendricks vs Kampmann is made a title match in the meantime, Kampmann wins via round two TKO.

Round 1 starts and GSP charges forward for the takedown. Condit back peddles. GSP does his best to close the gap throwing jabs' date=' Condit blocks and counters with a THUNDEROUS leg kick that Georges almost feels. This repeats itself for two rounds.

Round 3 opens and Georges is looking frustrated. He tries to corner Condit, and throws one of those huge spinning roundhouses he's always doing in his promos. Condit ducks under and runs, the kick keeps going and takes out Herb Dean. Herb is out. Neither fighter knows what to do.

Suddenly Nick Diaz jumps into the cage with a steel chair. He blasts Condit over the head from behind, knocking him out. GSP is confused, but happy. He reaches for the handshake, Diaz responds with a dual middle finger. He throws a kick to the stomach, GSP buckles over, STUNNER! BAH GAWD A STUNNER! Diaz flips off the crowd and quickly leaves the cage. Herb comes to to find Condit and GSP both unconscious. He declares the fight a draw, and strips the title from both "champs". GSP and Condit wake up angry. They call for a mic. Issue a challenge for a tag team match against the Diaz Bros. at Summer Slam. Dana makes it happen.

Hendricks vs Kampmann is made a title match in the meantime, Kampmann wins via round two TKO.[/quote']

This ^^^ **** seriously had me cracking the **** up LoL

Well done man

Round 1 starts and GSP charges forward for the takedown. Condit back peddles. GSP does his best to close the gap throwing jabs' date=' Condit blocks and counters with a THUNDEROUS leg kick that Georges almost feels. This repeats itself for two rounds.

Hendricks vs Kampmann is made a title match in the meantime, Kampmann wins via round two TKO.[/quote']

lmao. this is gold.

IMO' date=' I think GSP wins via RNC. Condit's tdd sucks, gsp will take him down with ease, pass his guard, mount him, Condit gives up his back, boom rnc.[/quote']

No way in hell GSP mounts Carlos. Did he even mount Alves? He is to scared to even pass full guard most of the time.

Condit is one of the few "thinkers" GSP has faced. He actually uses his brain when fighting. He uses a plan. Most fighters in general only rely on their body.

This being said, I still see Condit resorting to what every other GSP contender resorts to...Defense.

GSP is the master of being unpredictable. When his opponents are worried about EVERYTHING they choose what to cover. GSP typically see's the window and goes through the window not covered. His opponents almost always resort to 100% defense after the first few minutes of the first round.

This generally makes for a rather boring fight and it loses the fan base that only knows enough about MMA to like, "He punch face, he beats chest, he make bleed, he good fighter" fans.

But the fan base is becoming more evolved over time...........some of them, that is.

I have GSP coming out aggressively' date=' but Condit's footwork and unique striking being too much for him to find much success. About two minutes into the first round, Condit's still looking for his chance to land a big, unorthodox strike and GSP takes him to the ground instead.

Condit tries to work from his guard to get back up, to sweep, or to catch GSP in a submission and Georges manages to keep him on the floor and ruin him with ground and pound. From that point on, Condit gets taken down and mercilessly beaten each until either the fifth round ends and GSP takes the decision or until he can't take anymore.

GSP by unanimous decision.[/quote']

I WAS GUNNA ADD MY 2 cents but this guy has the most academic and intelligent description of what very well could happen, condits striking for this fight will add more fear and anxiety to GSP than how DIAZ had it, and GSP does have in the back of his brain of maybe getting clipped and TKOed, probably will go to a GSP BIASED decision.. If GSP was gonna fight DIAZ he would've been scared as well for the submissions and probably also k.o. Power.

GSP says he's better than ever, but I can't possibly see that being true after a major injury and more than a year out of action. Condit has taken a significant amount of time off as well, so I expect both guys to look rusty.

Condit is dangerous in the striking game, as well as on the ground, but if the fight hits the mat GSP will likely find a way to dominate. It is kinda like when GSP fought Jake Shields, but in reverse (Condit will have the advantage standing, but GSP will have the advantage on the ground). Where GSP will have trouble is in his explosiveness. ACL injuries are not easy to recover from and he's definitely going to be a bit tentative on fight night, especially with all the nerves of returning and fighting in Montreal.

What I expect is Condit to compete for the first 2 rounds. He'll win either the first or the second, or perhaps both, by utilizing the same elusivenes he used against Nick Diaz, in preventing him to corner him against the cage, while using enough striking to get points on the judges scorecards. I don't see him throwing many kicks, because that opens the door for takedowns from GSP, which Condit does not want. At some point though, GSP will find a surefire way to get Condit on the mat and he'll do so again and again for the remainder of the fight. My guess is GSP will try to push Condit into the cage and then get him to the ground, but if he can't he'll have to use striking to set up the takedown. A decision will decide this fight (surprise, surprise) and my guess is that your winner, by split decision, will be GSP.

I'd like to see one of these guys go out there and try and prove that they're hands down the best in the division by earning a stoppage, but I don't see it happening unless one of them makes a big mistake or sustains some kind of injury. If GSP is going to end the fight, my guess is it will be via a low risk submission (and by low risk I mean something that won't give Condit a good chance of getting out from underneath him) such as an arm-triangle or an americana. I don't see him going after an armbar, because if scouted correctly it could allow Condit to get on top, which would be bad for GSP, though I could see him look for a RNC if Condit gives up his back. If Condit is going to end the fight I'd guess that it would be by TKO after dropping GSP with a knee during a takedown attempt and landing a barrage of punches in an attempt to end it quickly, or possibly by catching him in a guillotine in the same situation. Quite frankly, I don't see either of these things happening, although they are both possible.

These guys are pretty evenly matched, but I think GSP, injury or not, is still the best in the weightclass. The only way I see him losing is if he gets caught like he did against Serra or if the injury to his ACL has taken away his ability to explode on takedowns like he's always been known to do. My guess is the UFC will be able to keep this Silva/ GSP superfight talk alive at least a little longer, because in all likelihood GSP will still be the champ after UFC 154.

IMO' date=' I think GSP wins via RNC. Condit's tdd sucks, gsp will take him down with ease, pass his guard, mount him, Condit gives up his back, boom rnc.[/quote']

GSP couldn't even finish Hardy when he had his back.

GSP via decision if he doesn't get caught early

I have little opinion on this fight because GSP has been receiving some god awful influences over the past few years.

He went form a totally dominating wrestler to a wanna be boxer.At one time Silva wanted no part of GSP,now he is asking for him,he sees what i see a fighter going in the wrong direction.

GSP SHOULD have stuck with ONLY wrestling and just work on his finishing ground skills,especially elbow use and arm locks.He needed NOTHING else,this boxing training is a pathetic waste of time.

When he entered the Octagon the first time,he was quite confident anywhere,standing or ground.Then after he fought Hughes he realized how much weight cutting was a factor.He was still confident on the feet because nobody in the UFC is a very good striker.Fighting with too much confidence allows for sloppiness and eventually he was tagged by Serra.

I truly feel GSP is not afraid of Condit anywhere,standing or ground,this might be his downfall because GSP tends to go with game plans and not use versatile thinking.IMO Condit is a smarter versatile thinker and will adjust and find holes in GSP's game.

Bottom line is if GSP does not come out and just wrestle it will be a very difficult fight for him.

Long layoffs are never good. Long layoffs when everyone is criticizing your fighting style to the point where you start to agree and decide to change your style are even worse.

GSP should ignore the haters and stick to his usual style of fighting. I like watching him fight because it doesn't bother me to watch someone totally dominate their opponents through sheer force of will and skill.

Condit is a good fighter and probably GSP's toughest opponent in a while. But if he ignores the critics and sticks to his usually dominating style, he will either win via UD or sub.

Oh and my bro won tickets so I am going to see my first live UFC. Can't wait!

Archived