UFC At The Theaters...Have You Done This?

Brady969

Have watched the fights at home' date=' at the bar, at the arena, and at the theater and for the money you can't beat the theater. Can't drink obviously and it's kind of a weird experience because people aren't sure whether to keep quiet or yell but it was still an awesome experience. $20 a ticket and you get the whole card and they show the 10 minute extended preview before the event. Will be watching 154 at the theater.[/quote']

Damn, 20 bucks and you can't even have a brew..I'm not sure how much tickets to theatersare here, but if it's 20, I'd never go.. We either pitch in with a few homies, we all watch prolly for 10 bucks each and we have some beers....Or we hit up a bar down the road. They show all cards for free. You just have to pay for slightly overpriced beer. Can't see myself ever going to a theater. Although I bet the big screen is badass, huh?

Have watched the fights at home' date=' at the bar, at the arena, and at the theater and [b']for the money you can't beat the theater.[/b] Can't drink obviously and it's kind of a weird experience because people aren't sure whether to keep quiet or yell but it was still an awesome experience. $20 a ticket and you get the whole card and they show the 10 minute extended preview before the event. Will be watching 154 at the theater.

Surely splitting the difference with friends at your home/friends home or watching it at a bar is cheaper.

Hmmm lets compare:

Purchase at home $45-55, food & alcohol $20-40 = $60min at the comfort of your own home

@ the bar food & alcohol $20-40, multiple screens & fellow crazy fans cheering along

at the theater - $20 ticket, food & no alcohol $10-25 = about $30 min, gross food

I'd say at the bar or the casa > theater

lol @ the only people chiming in those that have never done it and who spends $25 on movie theater food... especially if it's as bad as you say :rolleyes:

Not cost effective, no booze, overpriced terrible food, better deals elsewhere. Facts, so I don't need to experience it to make up my mind.

And I for one don't go to see a movie at the theaters for the same reasons. I'd rather watch something at home.

lol @ the only people chiming in those that have never done it and who spends $25 on movie theater food... especially if it's as bad as you say :rolleyes:

read below

Not cost effective' date=' no booze, overpriced terrible food, better deals elsewhere. Facts, so I don't need to experience it to make up my mind.

And I for one don't go to see a movie at the theaters for the same reasons. I'd rather watch something at home.[/quote']

This

I went a while back and it was just the main card, and w/e Pre-lims they showed during the PPV broadcast.

It was pretty nice except for this stupid girl who was there with her boyfriend who kept shushing everyone. At one point she even yelled at my buddy and told him to STFU cus he was cheering on one of the fighters. They ended up leaving half way through though so it was all good.

Btw, I went to the Alamo Drafthouse movie theatre to watch it. They serve quality food there and booze :)

I went a while back and it was just the main card' date=' and w/e Pre-lims they showed during the PPV broadcast.

It was pretty nice except for this stupid girl who was there with her boyfriend who kept shushing everyone. At one point she even yelled at my buddy and told him to STFU cus he was cheering on one of the fighters. They ended up leaving half way through though so it was all good.

Btw, I went to the Alamo Drafthouse movie theatre to watch it. [b']They serve quality food there and booze[/b] :)

This would be dope. The only place that shows them here is the Century theater. There is a bar/theater type place here that I wish they'd show them at..I'd give it a shot if it was there.

One of the coolest places i ever saw a fight was at this amphitheatre place in Vegas. Lesnar/Carwin. Pffft, cost like a hundred bucks for each of us though, after entry, a COUPLE of beers and somewhat decent food. But it was fun, cause everyone was way into the fight.

Facts' date=' you don't have to buy the food, some theaters serve beer, and not everybody is cheap. Once again, the thread is asking people who have attended so 1. why are you chiming in about something you've never even done and 2. why even come in a thread you know nothing about.[/quote']

Sheesh, calm down man. I didn't mean to upset you.

But I like food and beers when watching fights, and I am cheap..

And I came in this thread to discuss...I stayed on topic and I can post in any damn thread that I want. Don't get so feelings hurt next time homie.

Sheesh' date=' calm down man. I didn't mean to upset you.

But I like food when and beers when watching fights, and I am cheap..

And i came in this thread to discuss...I stayed on topic and I can post in any damn thread that I want. Don't get so feelings hurt next time homie.[/quote']

Clearly we dont share the same political views - but were practically next of kin when it comes to entertainment lol

Haha' date=' works for me meng, I'm good with sticking on topic and leaving that binnez over there. We all agree on one thing or another. Cheers![/quote']

Absolutely! hence why were here at the UFC forum lol

There are a few specialty forums that I visit for certain subjects: harmony central for guitars, muscle & strength for weightlifting and sometimes I stop by a certain local/regional forum for in depth poli chats. However, this forum offers a good mix of everything.

Archived