Good Documentaries

tuf1_

Thank gawd there is an OG on here ...

AA im an OG from the UG JJW

Do I know you? I havent been to the UG in years. What was your old screen name?

hey JJW how ya been man

what brings you around these parts?

Hey TUF! Been doing great. How bout yourself?

Just popping in to see whats going down here these days........and to keep that trouble-maker BEG out of trouble. HAHA

"The Bridge" was pretty intense man, pretty emotional doc.

Heres some of my favorites

"Restrepo" - Pretty much the best doc I have ever seen. Follows a squad in Korengal Valley (one of the most dangerous places in Afghanistan for U.S soldiers). Whole thing can be viewed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87VRR74gKro

"Nightmares in Red, White and Blue: The Evolution of the American Horror Film" - Basically just shows the evolution of American horror films lol.

"This Film is Not Yet Rated" - Its about the MPAA's (Motion Picture Association of America) rating system. They interview some directors about why their films received an NC-17 rating, theres some really bizarre reasons. Pretty interesting Doc.

"Dark Days" - Follows people who live underground in tunnels, subways, etc. Very cool doc, some insane stuff in this one.

Murderball is a great documentary about quadriplegics who play a form of Rugby for disabled people. In particular it follows the U.S. team to their competition in the Paralympics.

Tyson is a great one too, all about Mike Tyson's upbringing and what took him into boxing. It's told entirely from his perspective, goes over his childhood, his early career, his prison term and then his decline all the way into retirement.

"The Bridge" was pretty intense man' date=' pretty emotional doc.

Heres some of my favorites

"Restrepo" - Pretty much the best doc I have ever seen. Follows a squad in Korengal Valley (one of the most dangerous places in Afghanistan for U.S soldiers). Whole thing can be viewed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87VRR74gKro

"Nightmares in Red, White and Blue: The Evolution of the American Horror Film" - Basically just shows the evolution of American horror films lol.

"This Film is Not Yet Rated" - Its about the MPAA's (Motion Picture Association of America) rating system. They interview some directors about why their films received an NC-17 rating, theres some really bizarre reasons. Pretty interesting Doc.

"Dark Days" - Follows people who live underground in tunnels, subways, etc. Very cool doc, some insane stuff in this one.[/quote']

Any of these on Netflix by chance? Nightmares in Red, White and Blue sounds awesome.

Murderball is a great documentary about quadriplegics who play a form of Rugby for disabled people. In particular it follows the U.S. team to their competition in the Paralympics.

Tyson is a great one too' date=' all about Mike Tyson's upbringing and what took him into boxing. It's told entirely from his perspective, goes over his childhood, his early career, his prison term and then his decline all the way into retirement.[/quote']

I was about to recommend that one about Tyson. I saw it a couple weeks ago... he really is a lot smarter then people realise!

• 2 years later...

Soaked in Bleach...free on Amazon Prime

Chances of Cobain having committed suicide is slim.

Wanted to watch it until I heard it was mostly tinfoil hat conspiracies but will check it out now if you're saying it's not wolf tickets. 

"Hot Girls Wanted" is another one I've watched either on Amazon or NetFlix that was a good watch. Kind of killed my Bonnar on watching p0r.n for a minute tbh but it's still worth a watch. 

Step up and get slapped up - The Nick diaz story

The journey of a young and tough kid raised on the mean streets of Stockton. Doomed to join a gang but destined to be the best fighter on the planet. Watch as this extraordinary young man goes from getting gum put in his hair in school to ruling the underground fight clubs. Once a kid that fought for food to an icon that fights for weed. Going from thug to champion in a matter of a few years. He fights the hitters and submits the grapplers. Now living the pampered life, he brings his amazing tale of rags to *****es for the world to see. Don't be scared homie.

Currently on Netflix, I highly recommend it

The Two Escobars. One of the espn ones. Utterly fantastic. Deals with the drug baron Pablo and the footballer Andreas, who was executed because he scored an own goal at the world cup. Its worth it even if you hate football (soccer) solely due to Pablo stuff.

watched this last night, excellent ^

Thats what I want to see too... but I donno if it will happen.. doesnt Fedor only want to fight one more time? The UFC wouldnt risk having there champ smashed and then the new champ leaving 

source for this? Haven't heard this.

source for this? Haven't heard this.

This ^^^ I havent heard it eaither

But yeah if thats the case then nah it wont happen, thats if he will even come to the UFC to begin with

You know how Dana "Cheap Pockets" White is

I swear he's related to TUF

hmm I really thought I read it at cagepotato but i went back and read the article and it didnt say anything like that.. its possible that I made that up 

Wanted to watch it until I heard it was mostly tinfoil hat conspiracies but will check it out now if you're saying it's not wolf tickets. 

I'd have to watch it again, I'm sure there are parts where the investigator is "reading" into the data...but there are some incontrovertible  facts that do not add up.

Archived