It's **** like this, republicans.

Aletheia

During the president's first two years in office, the 111th Congress, there were 137 cloture motions filed to end Republican filibusters. During the president's second two years, the 112th Congress, there were 109 motions filed to end Republican filibusters and we still have a few more months to go. 246 total cloture motions. Compare this to George W. Bush's first term when there were a total of 133 cloture motions filed. Not even a handful of "sensible" Republicans had the guts to break ranks and vote with the Democrats. Meanwhile, on the House side, the Republican majority has voted in near-lockstep against almost everything.

What bills have the Republicans filibustered? To name a few:

H.R. 12 - Paycheck Fairness Act

H.R. 448 -- Elder Abuse Victims Act

H.R. 466 - Wounded Veteran Job Security Act

H.R. 515 - Radioactive Import Deterrence Act

H.R. 549 -- National Bombing Prevention Act

H.R. 577 - Vision Care for Kids Act

H.R. 626 - Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act

H.R. 1029 - Alien Smuggling and Terrorism Prevention Act

H.R. 1168 -- Veterans Retraining Act

H.R. 1171 - Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization

H.R. 1293 -- Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act

H.R. 1429 -- Stop AIDS in Prison Act

H.R.5281 -- DREAM Act

S.3985 -- Emergency Senior Citizens Relief Act

S.3816 -- Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act

S.3369 -- A bill to provide for additional disclosure requirements for corporations, labor organizations, Super PACs and other entities

S.2237 -- Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act

S.2343 -- Stop the Student Loan Interest Rate Hike Act

S.1660 -- American Jobs Act of 2011

S.3457 -- Veterans Jobs Corps Act

What else?

Here's an astonishing one. The Republicans filibustered the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act -- basically, healthcare for 9/11 heroes. Every Republican senator voted to filibuster this bill. I suppose the Republicans are only interested in 9/11 heroes when they're used as political props.

On the House side, every single Republican, including Paul Ryan, voted against the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act, which forces Congress to pay for new legislation through either budget cuts or revenue increases.

You'd think that by helping to pass these bills, Republicans could boast a solid record on fiscal responsibility, job creation, veterans affairs, anti-terrorism, senior citizens and, hell, 9/11 workers. Instead, they blocked all of it. Jobs for military veterans, tax cuts for small businesses -- you name it. Why? So President Obama and the Democrats could be accused of failure.

What about the "i like the fluffy kittens" act.

Good god these lefty children who get so political on the net sure have a lot to learn.

The name of an act has jack **** to do with what it actually does.

Go read some Orwell.

Stay angry buddy. It's good for the heart and blood pressure from what I hear.

What about the "i like the fluffy kittens" act.

Good god these lefty children who get so political on the net sure have a lot to learn.

The name of an act has jack **** to do with what it actually does.

Go read some Orwell.

So we're equating wounded/homeless veterans, fair pay, terrorism prevention, small business jobs & tax relief, & keeping jobs in America to liking fluffy kittens? Cool story bro.

So we're equating wounded/homeless veterans' date=' fair pay, terrorism prevention, small business jobs & tax relief, & keeping jobs in America to liking fluffy kittens? Cool story bro.[/quote']

you don't like fluffy kittens? Do you think their plight is a joke?

You evil, specie-ist bastard republican.

It's astonishing to me that democrats actually think that republicans are anti women, minorities, the elderly, hell everyone according to the left. 40ish% of Americans identify with the republican party but because it's not YOUR party, or your beliefs, you are enlightened enough to think that these people are beneath you somehow. It's a philosophical disagreement on the way people feel the nation should be run. Have YOUR beliefs and let others have theirs. Arguing/debating is healthy, but only if you keep an open mind. Drumming up some google facts from some leftist website hack job, is getting extremely old and desperate. Most americans are ready to hack up their guts with all of this horsecrap from BOTH sides. Dems and repubs have been in charge before, and the nation is still here. Get over it people.

]It's astonishing to me that democrats actually think that republicans are anti women' date=' minorities, the elderly,[/b'] hell everyone according to the left. 40ish% of Americans identify with the republican party but because it's not YOUR party, or your beliefs, you are enlightened enough to think that these people are beneath you somehow. It's a philosophical disagreement on the way people feel the nation should be run. Have YOUR beliefs and let others have theirs. Arguing/debating is healthy, but only if you keep an open mind. Drumming up some google facts from some leftist website hack job, is getting extremely old and desperate. Most americans are ready to hack up their guts with all of this horsecrap from BOTH sides. Dems and repubs have been in charge before, and the nation is still here. Get over it people.

We only think that because of the things they say and do. Statements like a woman who is truely raped can't get pregnant or Ryans garbage of wanting it so women can't get abortions even in cases where the mothers life is in danger don't really come across as pro women. Shockingly a bunch of middle aged men who havn't studied medince may not be the best people to make choices about women's health issues. We believe they are against minorities due to racist policies like Arizona's "citizen" checks and their policies are aimed at helping the rich, which are overwhelmingly white males. In today's republican party I don't know why anyone other than a wealthy white male would vote for them.

It's astonishing to me that democrats actually think that republicans are anti women' date=' minorities, the elderly, hell everyone according to the left. 40ish% of Americans identify with the republican party but because it's not YOUR party, or your beliefs, you are enlightened enough to think that these people are beneath you somehow. It's a philosophical disagreement on the way people feel the nation should be run. Have YOUR beliefs and let others have theirs. Arguing/debating is healthy, but only if you keep an open mind. Drumming up some google facts from some leftist website hack job, is getting extremely old and desperate. Most americans are ready to hack up their guts with all of this horsecrap from BOTH sides. Dems and repubs have been in charge before, and the nation is still here. Get over it people.[/quote']

It's a fact that there is less compromise now then ever before, and the Republicans generally get the Democrats to back down.

It's astonishing to me that democrats actually think that republicans are anti women' date=' minorities, the elderly, hell everyone according to the left. 40ish% of Americans identify with the republican party but because it's not YOUR party, or your beliefs, you are enlightened enough to think that these people are beneath you somehow. It's a philosophical disagreement on the way people feel the nation should be run. Have YOUR beliefs and let others have theirs. Arguing/debating is healthy, but only if you keep an open mind. Drumming up some google facts from some leftist website hack job, is getting extremely old and desperate. Most americans are ready to hack up their guts with all of this horsecrap from BOTH sides. Dems and repubs have been in charge before, and the nation is still here. Get over it people.[/quote']

I don't necessarily think its because democrats and republicans are retarded per se. But historically, democrats have been better for the economy than republicans, yet uninformed Neo-Cons trumpet their views as if the politicians who have hijacked their platform are the ones who will come in to save the day. Just like modern day liberals have hijacked the democratic platform to push regulation and assistance programs rather than the party's original core principals. Of the 2 I'd say modern republicans are far more dangerous to both national and international intrests than the democrats, but neither side is without it's faults.

In the end it breaks down as such.

2012 republican platform> religious nuts who want churches to have a say in government on moral issues and war mongering

2012 democratic platform> government should regulate everything at all costs and give everyone something they may not deserve at the cost of the working class

I agree with some of that. I agree that both parties are a failure & until people realize that we've been bouncing back & forth between two failed parties & are actually ready to take a new approach, not much will change.

Unfortunately, it is clear that yet another election is almost here & again the third party candidates have no real chance. This becomes "well ****, which will screw us less". I vehemently oppose what the GOP has become. I think the perception that the GOP has become anti-woman/race/elderly war mongers is because it seems someone from that party can't go a week without saying something completely retarded.

We only think that because of the things they say and do. Statements like a woman who is truely raped can't get pregnant or Ryans garbage of wanting it so women can't get abortions even in cases where the mothers life is in danger don't really come across as pro women. Shockingly a bunch of middle aged men who havn't studied medince may not be the best people to make choices about women's health issues. We believe they are against minorities due to racist policies like Arizona's "citizen" checks and their policies are aimed at helping the rich' date=' which are overwhelmingly white males. In today's republican party I don't know why anyone other than a wealthy white male would vote for them.[/quote']

While I respect what you are attempting to say here, obviously 40 some odd % of Americans are not wealthy white people. So you must ask yourself why. The answer is, your assumptions about republicans are completely incorrect. You are seeing the extreme of a party line and taking that to represent the entire belief system. Today's republicans are extremely more keen on economics than social ideology. Republicans today, are shifting toward the middle on social issues. This is a different world. This is a time of mass media and technology and this has occurred in just the last 10 years or so.

We only think that because of the things they say and do. Statements like a woman who is truely raped can't get pregnant or Ryans garbage of wanting it so women can't get abortions even in cases where the mothers life is in danger don't really come across as pro women. Shockingly a bunch of middle aged men who havn't studied medince may not be the best people to make choices about women's health issues. We believe they are against minorities due to racist policies like Arizona's "citizen" checks and their policies are aimed at helping the rich' date=' which are overwhelmingly white males. In today's republican party I don't know why anyone other than a wealthy white male would vote for them.[/quote']

Right.

Women can only get pregnant if they climax.. so if they get pregnant from rape, it couldn't be rape. Slavery is a blessing. Women shouldn't be able to have a baby via in vitro fertilization but they should have to if they're raped- & god allowed it, therefore that is a blessing in the long run. 47% of the country will never take personal responsibility of their lives. Evolution is a lie from the pits of hell.

The democrats are far from perfect but the crap that gets thrown out their by many of the republican party is kinda terrifying, imo.

While I respect what you are attempting to say here' date=' obviously 40 some odd % of Americans are not wealthy white people. So you must ask yourself why. The answer is, your assumptions about republicans are completely incorrect. You are seeing the extreme of a party line and taking that to represent the entire belief system. Today's republicans are extremely more keen on economics than social ideology. Republicans today, are shifting toward the middle on social issues. This is a different world. This is a time of mass media and technology and this has occurred in just the last 10 years or so.[/quote']

What I don't understand IS the why. Historically, the economy has done better under the democrats. Yes, there have been some republicans who have done better than some democrats, but when you look at it over time, the majority of economic success was under a democratic president.

I hear that republicans are shifting towards the middle on social issues, but that isn't what I see from the people representing the party. When Romney was governor in Massachusetts, he ran as a moderate. Because his constituents were moderates. So why now, when it's the presidency, has he had to backtrack on what he previously "believed in", if not to placate the republican base overall?

What I don't understand IS the why. Historically' date=' the economy has done better under the democrats. Yes, there have been some republicans who have done better than some democrats, but when you look at it over time, the majority of economic success was under a democratic president.

I hear that republicans are shifting towards the middle on social issues, but that isn't what I see from the people representing the party. When Romney was governor in Massachusetts, he ran as a moderate. Because his constituents were moderates. So why now, when it's the presidency, has he had to backtrack on what he previously "believed in", if not to placate the republican base overall?[/quote']

You have to remember that democrats feel that they sort of "replaced" the old school republicans sometime around late 60's and early 70's. Democrats were a crippling party towards minorities, and women for nearly two centuries. So if we look at the facts after that time, people tend to trust republicans to deal with wars and conflict. Democrats don't have the greatest record on economics either, but Clinton was rather an exception. Then again though, he presided over a time where there weren't any wars. We have to understand that both parties have something to offer that is positive for all americans. That is the biggest message here. For every wrong done by the right, there is an equal wrong done by the left. But we always focus on the negative. I wish both candidates luck and I respect everyone's opinion here. Have a great night ladies and gents.

You have to remember that democrats feel that they sort of "replaced" the old school republicans sometime around late 60's and early 70's. Democrats were a crippling party towards minorities' date=' and women for nearly two centuries. So if we look at the facts after that time, people tend to trust republicans to deal with wars and conflict. Democrats don't have the greatest record on economics either, but Clinton was rather an exception. Then again though, he presided over a time where there weren't any wars. We have to understand that both parties have something to offer that is positive for all americans. That is the biggest message here. For every wrong done by the right, there is an equal wrong done by the left. But we always focus on the negative. I wish both candidates luck and I respect everyone's opinion here. Have a great night ladies and gents.[/quote']

If we are going off of classical political definitions, it would look like this.

Republicans> Extremist Rightwing Facists

Democrats> Moderate Republicans/Statists

Now you're picking at spelling when I'm posting on a phone? You are a serious tough guy. With an obvious sociopathic streak. I feel sorry for your family.

Don't you get it kev? A typo makes you f'n stupid & nullifies anything else said. Ffs, when will you learn.

Everyone identifies with some part of every party. I'm not much of a fan how (some) of Republican policies are claimed to be in favor of what "God" wants. When our founding fathers clearly didn't want religion involved and I agree with them. A candidate can get my vote very easily by being relaxed on social issues and republicans seem to get crazy with them as of late.

I'm not a registered Republican or Democrat. I have been in favor of Democrats more so than Republicans in recent years tho.

If we are going off of classical political definitions' date=' it would look like this.

Republicans> Extremist Rightwing Facists

Democrats> Moderate Republicans/Statists[/quote']

Your ignorance is earth shattering. I thought you were a real political mind for a while. You have proved yourself nearly extinct. You had better find an actual party to cling on to, because you are no where near a libertarian.

Your ignorance is earth shattering. I thought you were a real political mind for a while. You have proved yourself nearly extinct. You had better find an actual party to cling on to' date=' because you are no where near a libertarian.[/quote']

Why is that? Btw, every single one of the political quizzes I took said I am a libertarian. I also don't see why that statement isn't correct or how it somehow makes me not a libertarian.

Why is that? Btw' date=' every single one of the political quizzes I took said I am a libertarian. I also don't see why that statement isn't correct or how it somehow makes me not a libertarian.[/quote']

Why classify yourself to any party. You will never be a Republican or a Democrat, you can not be a Libertarian. It is impossible to believe everything any one of those parties stand for.

People who claim to be any of them have already closed their eyes.

I am a conservative, (Don't mistake that for the ****** Republicans who want to steal the name), but I am in no way tied to the Conservative party of Canada. Liberals have some ideas I agree with, the NDP have thought of some as well.

Be a free thinker who will vote for the Candidate who best suits your needs and wants.

And for God sakes if that is a third party candidate, vote for them, because your ****** two party system is a joke. Take any political science class and your system has 9 of the 13 top ways that ****s a Government up (Paraphrased), two party system being one of them, the whole super pacs and unlimited Union buy offs is another.

Your country is bought and sold to the highest bidder.

Why classify yourself to any party. You will never be a Republican or a Democrat' date=' you can not be a Libertarian. It is impossible to believe everything any one of those parties stand for.

People who claim to be any of them have already closed their eyes.

I am a conservative, (Don't mistake that for the ****** Republicans who want to steal the name), but I am in no way tied to the Conservative party of Canada. Liberals have some ideas I agree with, the NDP have thought of some as well.

Be a free thinker who will vote for the Candidate who best suits your needs and wants.

And for God sakes if that is a third party candidate, vote for them, because your ****** two party system is a joke. Take any political science class and your system has 9 of the 13 top ways that ****s a Government up (Paraphrased), two party system being one of them, the whole super pacs and unlimited Union buy offs is another.

Your country is bought and sold to the highest bidder.[/quote']

Libertarianism is the best representative for my political ideologies. Also, I'm voting Gary Johnson. Its the other "libertarians" who are going to vote for Romney that you need to be talking to.

Libertarianism is the best representative for my political ideologies. Also' date=' I'm voting Gary Johnson. Its the other "libertarians" who are going to vote for Romney that you need to be talking to.[/quote']

The Republicans who cannot even say what they are or leaning?

Or the brain dead soon to be millionaire waiter?

Or the kid who has his whole life planned out in internet Gif's because he is to socially weird to get out of his house and actually engage a female?

Those ones?

Yeah I think i'll pass. There is no hope for those wing nuts shy of a lobotomy.

The name of an act has jack **** to do with what it actually does. .

Truth^^ Holy crap i actually agreed with Vendur. The hell is the world coming to. :P

Another thing i have much disdain for is when they lump bills together that no one would vote against because they don't want that on thier record. Sneaky bastards try to add garbage in with something really good and needed in the hopes to pull a fast one under peoples noses because they know no one is going to vote against the anti-pedo bill or the psychiatric treatment for veterans with PTSD bill etc.

Truth^^ Holy crap i actually agreed with Vendur. The hell is the world coming to. :P

Another thing i have much disdain for is when they lump bills together that no one would vote against because they don't want that on thier record. Sneaky bastards try to add garbage in with something really good and needed in the hopes to pull a fast one under peoples noses because they know no one is going to vote against the anti-pedo bill or the psychiatric treatment for veterans with PTSD bill etc.

Lol @ posting the names of the bills only....lame

My thoughts exactly. And whats worse, is when people post this kinda crap thinking were too stupid to know better.

both parties deal with this...but the key is compromise!

Clinton made compromises' date=' and so did reagan....the issue is when both parties say no its this way or no way....nothing gets done like that...Compromise is key....[/quote']

Actually, to be fair, 4 out of the last 5 presidents have made significant compromises to pass legislation, can you guess which one has assumed a more hard-lined "my way or the high way" approach?

Archived