Stephen Colbert vs. Jon Stewart

i like em both there both funny and give some good info sometimes

I feel the same way' date=' but if you had to choose just one to watch who would it be?

I watch both Colbert and Stewart for good serious informative news.

I watch FOX, CNN, NBC etc. for hilarious rhetorical satire.

Quoted for truth.

Colbert makes me laugh more' date=' but Stewart's jokes tend to be more intellectual. I think of Colbert as a comedian who discusses politics, and Stewart as a political analyst who makes his points through wit and humor. I guess I'd choose Stewart but I like them both.[/quote']

Its about time you woke up and jumped online, lol

hello buddy :)

Colbert makes me laugh more' date=' but Stewart's jokes tend to be more intellectual. I think of Colbert as a comedian who discusses politics, and Stewart as a political analyst who makes his points through wit and humor. I guess I'd choose Stewart but I like them both.[/quote']

very well said, you hit the nail on the head. Jon Stewart for president! He'd be far superior to, let's say, Mitt Romney :P

Both are very politically intelligent when seen in normal conversation. I prefer Stewart over Colbert simply because of his news team. They're a funny group. I still watch both shows on a regular basis though.

Colbert has that wit about him, he's an Improv genius! I've never seen anyone get the best of him in an interview.

Colbert makes me laugh out loud way more than Stewart

Never really understood why Stewart is so liked...seems like a decent enough guy and intelligent, but his talent or personality is not ground-breaking IMO

Colbert gets the edge for me...I like both though

Oh ****! Kevbo likes guns! Thus hes not a lefty! :rolleyes:

Likes guns? I own guns and fully support 2nd amendment rights. That wasn't the point. Just because I'm not a wannabe anarchist doesn't make me a liberal. Just because I root for Obama over Romney doesn't mean I'm a liberal. So on and so forth... The funny thing is that no one who knows me in real life would ever call me a liberal. I'm so far from one that most would laugh at your attempts to insult me as such. But, I couldn't care less actually. If you want to call me one, so be it.

Should have had the option of both being equal, or maybe neither for the ones who dislike them.

I ended up with Stewart. But I like both of them for different reasons, and how they deliver.

Colbert is more the comedian and playing the jokes out, where Stewart is more Political joking.

I like how Stewart will show the Hypocrisy of the Government. Anyone who watches see's that it is more jokes toward the Right, but he does hit back at the Liberals for their stupidity and hypocrisy as well.

Either way, both are very good Comedians with decent staff to help deliver and find their material.

Likes guns? I own guns and fully support 2nd amendment rights. That wasn't the point. Just because I'm not a wannabe anarchist doesn't make me a liberal. Just because I root for Obama over Romney doesn't mean I'm a liberal. So on and so forth... The funny thing is that no one who knows me in real life would ever call me a liberal. I'm so far from one that most would laugh at your attempts to insult me as such. But' date=' I couldn't care less actually. If you want to call me one, so be it.[/quote']

Truth. I know it's hard for you to believe but the only reason he's outspoken about it on this forum is because he has a serious problem with the neo-con, extreme point of view that romney/ryan represent. If the GOP hadn't picked from the bottom of the barrel &.found people who say whatever needs said to "win over" today's nuttyass republican base, I doubt he'd say anything.

Out of the two of us, I'm a good bit more liberal than him. My dad is Limbaugh loving republican & oddly enough, he & kev agree on a lot. Today's republican party is not the conservative party they used to be. Somehow they've morphed into a party who pushes christian agendas to an extreme, they are not fiscally responsible, their tax proposals have not worked, they view America as some kind of worldwide police force.

When the majority of the GOP represents something so far from the original intent of the party, when the people who represent them are on record saying the top priority is making sure Obama makes no progress so he won't have a second term- that's a problem.

I know you think you have him pegged but it's pretty inaccurate. It is possible to be fiscally conservative & socially liberal. The main problem with the current GOP is how extreme they have become- it is a polarizing party & a hard one to feel neural about when many of their policies literally disgust you.

He is, for the most part, a libertarian. He is voting for Gary Johnson. But when the two choices are obama & romney, he's gonna side with obama.

Agreed.

Truth. I know it's hard for you to believe but the only reason he's outspoken about it on this forum is because he has a serious problem with the neo-con' date=' extreme point of view that romney/ryan represent. If the GOP hadn't picked from the bottom of the barrel &.found people who say whatever needs said to "win over" today's nuttyass republican base, I doubt he'd say anything.

Out of the two of us, I'm a good bit more liberal than him. My dad is Limbaugh loving republican & oddly enough, he & kev agree on a lot. Today's republican party is not the conservative party they used to be. Somehow they've morphed into a party who pushes christian agendas to an extreme, they are not fiscally responsible, their tax proposals have not worked, they view America as some kind of worldwide police force.

When the majority of the GOP represents something so far from the original intent of the party, when the people who represent them are on record saying the top priority is making sure Obama makes no progress so he won't have a second term- that's a problem.

I know you think you have him pegged but it's pretty inaccurate. It is possible to be fiscally conservative & socially liberal. The main problem with the current GOP is how extreme they have become- it is a polarizing party & a hard one to feel neural about when many of their policies literally disgust you.

He is, for the most part, a libertarian. He is voting for Gary Johnson. But when the two choices are obama & romney, he's gonna side with obama.[/quote']

I get along with your dad because he's not a Neo-Con moron like most who support the red team here. He's not afraid to call it like it is. Ironically enough, he despises Obama and of all the conversations we have had over the years, not one time has he degenerated to "you're stupid, you're retarded, **** you you liberal hippy ****er" when we didn't see eye to eye. Often times if we disagree we listen to what each other has to say and come to solid judgments based on fact and reason. There has been plenty of compromise from both of us at one time or another.

Kevblowz is a lefty or righty' date=' depending on how much of the current forum posters he thinks are left or right.[/quote']

Lol, being left on social issues and right on fiscal issues usually places someone as what's known as a "centerist" or a "moderate." I know in these troubling times of hardliners from either side, its hard to imagine. But we do exist.

Lol' date=' being left on social issues and right on fiscal issues usually places someone as what's known as a "centerist" or a "moderate." I know in these troubling times of hardliners from either side, its hard to imagine. But we do exist.[/quote']

You pretend you are different things, hoping to gain favor among the current crop of idiots posting on the forum.

Nothng more and nothing less.

You are that kid no one likes and offers money to kids on the playground to be his "friend"..

http://www.nolanchart.com/results.php

I guess you're wrong again...

... And another.

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz_result?e=80&i=100_80.gif&p=100

100_80.gif?1351125729

Libertarian

Libertarians support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility' date=' oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.[/quote']

There is a pattern here apparently. Every single one of these places me in the centerist/Slightly left libertarian area. I guess they don't agree with you Mr. Noob.

Here is a more specific insight.

What Kind of Libertarian Are You?Your Result:

Geolibertarian

Geolibertarians (also called "one-taxers") are fiscal libertarians who believe that land can never be owned, but may be rented. They generally propose the abolition of all income and sales taxes in favor of a single land rental tax, with the revenue used to support collective interests (such as military defense) as determined through a democratic process.

http://www.gotoquiz.com/results/what_kind_of_libertarian_are_you

You are about as far removed from libertarianism as you are from reality' date=' kevblowz.[/quote']

Riiiiiight... I'm beginning to think even people who claim libertarian don't even know what it means.

http://quizfarm.com/run.php/QuizRunner

Here's a more diverse explanation.

You Scored as Minarchist

Minarchists are libertarians who advocate a strictly limited government and usually a more decentralized form of it. Minarchists may vary in the degree to which they think that government should be limited, although the bare bones position is essentiallynothing more than police, courts and the military. Minarchists tend to think that some minimum level of government is a necessary evil, or at least an inevitability. The contemporary libertarian movement in America is dominantly minarchist, although it has had a long history of dialogue and debate between minarchist and anarchist libertarians.

Which would explain why Mr. Noob and I don't see eye to eye, but also explains why younger "libertarians" need to do some research and stop trying to divide the party like the 2 party system is doing with polarizing view points.

Archived