Prediction: Romney's Mormonism is about to be exposed.

B_radly1406052482

Are the Christian right fully behind Romney despite his being Mormon?

Judging by the fact that birthers made such a big deal over Obama "supposedly" swearing in over a Quran. I'd say the Christian right would be in an uproar over Romney swearing in over a Book of Mormon. It's also ironic that the Christian right has, by and large said Mormonism is cult for decades but now its not simply because he's not Obama...

Judging by the fact that birthers made such a big deal over Obama "supposedly" swearing in over a Quran. I'd say the Christian right would be in an uproar over Romney swearing in over a Book of Mormon. It's also ironic that the Christian right has' date=' by and large said Mormonism is cult for decades but now its not simply because he's not Obama...[/quote']

Jesus...

Judging by the fact that birthers made such a big deal over Obama "supposedly" swearing in over a Quran. I'd say the Christian right would be in an uproar over Romney swearing in over a Book of Mormon. It's also ironic that the Christian right has' date=' by and large said Mormonism is cult for decades but now its not simply because he's not Obama[/b']...

LOL..So true!..

Mormons are "ok" now.

we dont have to agree with someones personal beliefs to support them for office. The only people making an issue out fo religion are the ones who claim religion shouldnt be factored in politics to begin with. Go figure.

Agree, disagree with their personal beliefs...Doesn't mean squat to me. I don't care what religion the candidates are. I merely lol'd at the fact that there were loads of rightwingers in this country who would have never have voted for a mormon before...Until one of them won the GOP nomination...Backtrackmuch?

Agree' date=' disagree with their personal beliefs...Doesn't mean squat to me. I don't care what religion the candidates are. I merely lol'd at the fact that there were loads of rightwingers in this country who would have never have voted for a mormon before...Until one of them won the GOP nomination...Backtrackmuch?[/quote']

Maybe back in the 19050's, but that pretty much went out the window when Kennedy was elected. Then again, on the same token, its equally laughable that so many atheists claim anyone who believes in the invisible sky daddy is an idiot, yet many of these same people openly embrace Obama & Ron Paul alike.

Maybe back in the 19050's' date=' but that pretty much went out the window when Kennedy was elected. Then again, on the same token, its equally laughable that so many atheists claim anyone who believes in the invisible sky daddy is an idiot, yet many of these same people openly embrace Obama & Ron Paul alike.[/quote']

1950's?!

This was a few months ago man! So many people still think Mormonism is a cult and that they aren't true Christians. But when one of them is facing off against Obama, then and only then does all of that go out the window.

On the atheist bit. I've never, not once heard an athiest say they wouldn't vote for a believer. Just a fact. I am from Utah and I have heard it over and over from outsiders how they'd never vote for a mormon. Hell, my own rightwing family from Cali said they wouldn't vote for a mormon before he won the nomination....Saw them a few weeks ago...Now they bout it, bout it when it comes to Romney..They love the guy!! ****in' hypocrites they are.

1950's?!

This was a few months ago man! So many people still think Mormonism is a cult and that they aren't true Christians. But when one of them is facing off against Obama' date=' then and only then does all of that go out the window.

On the atheist bit. I've never, not once heard an athiest say they wouldn't vote for a believer. Just a fact. I am from Utah and I have heard it over and over from outsiders how they'd never vote for a mormon. Hell, my own rightwing family from Cali said they wouldn't vote for a mormon before he won the nomination....Saw them a few weeks ago...Now they bout it, bout it when it comes to Romney..They love the guy!! ****in' hypocrites they are.[/quote']

Really? Who are these people who claimed they wouldn't vote for a Mormon? Ive witnessed no such talk, and nobody I know has heard of it either. It's a meme, that's all.

My point about the atheism bit wasn't who they'd vote for, but rather their duplicity in claiming such people are retarded, yet they embrace people who openly proclaim their faith.

Really? Who are these people who claimed they wouldn't vote for a Mormon? Ive witnessed no such talk' date=' and nobody I know has heard of it either. It's a meme, that's all.

My point about the atheism bit wasn't who they'd vote for, but rather their duplicity in claiming such people are retarded, yet they embrace people who openly proclaim their faith.[/quote']

So your duplicity idea only applies to atheists and not those that flip flopped on the Mormonism issue?

They do indeed have a brilliant system. They have been pumping out good little college grad productive members of society for many years. And I think reflective of that mindset, Romney and his ideals along with the people he recruits could potentially bring similar prosperity to the country and the economic stability it needs.

But sadly, and the point of me making mention of it, he will likely not be elected because "if" the radicalness of the core Mormon beliefs, which ARE NOT orthodox biblically christian, are exposed, he will lose millions of votes. He may himself be alright, but when you look at the facts about the Mormon church it may surprise many.

I'm still voting for him because my guy Ron Paul is out, and I cannot vote for the O.

They do indeed have a brilliant system. They have been pumping out good little college grad productive members of society for many years. And I think reflective of that mindset' date=' Romney and his ideals along with the people he recruits could potentially bring similar prosperity to the country and the economic stability it needs.

[b']But sadly, and the point of me making mention of it, he will likely not be elected because "if" the radicalness of the core Mormon beliefs, which ARE NOT orthodox biblically christian, are exposed, he will lose millions of votes. He may himself be alright, but when you look at the facts about the Mormon church it may surprise many. [/b]

I'm still voting for him because my guy Ron Paul is out, and I cannot vote for the O.

Again that was supposed to happen last time he ran. I don't think people actually care anymore. Atleast not enough to hold it against him. It won't even really be brought up anyway and even if it did it would backfire and be seen as a weak attempt attacking his religion.

They do indeed have a brilliant system. They have been pumping out good little college grad productive members of society for many years. And I think reflective of that mindset' date=' Romney and his ideals along with the people he recruits could potentially bring similar prosperity to the country and the economic stability it needs.

But sadly, and the point of me making mention of it, he will likely not be elected because "if" the radicalness of the core Mormon beliefs, which ARE NOT orthodox biblically christian, are exposed, he will lose millions of votes. He may himself be alright, but when you look at the facts about the Mormon church it may surprise many.

I'm still voting for him because my guy Ron Paul is out, and I cannot vote for the O.[/quote']

So vote for Gary Johnson ffs!!! You "I support Ron Paul but am voting for Romney now" people drive me absolutely insane.

3rd parties will never gain any traction if people keep thinking like this.

That's true but the problem is most people do so you are both kind of right.

Another thing is lets say a Ron Paul or Gary got into office. Do you actually believe things would change that much? I sure don't.

No matter how well meaning thier intentions are washington doesn't work like that. Color me a cynic but i'd argue im just a realist.

the actual way you can get a third party gain traction for a prez election' date=' is vote locally for local 3rd parties....thats where it starts[/quote']

Yes, I know. Stomp and I have had quite a few conversations about this. The same problem exists in local and State elections. Unless someone has a (D) or an ® next to their name, the hive mind will not favor them.

It's the people that think like this is why I know he will never have a chance even if I vote for him. Ron Paul had a chance' date=' but it was whisked away by the media monster. Again... not throwing away my vote, you shouldn't either.[/quote']

Your throwing it away anyway by voting for whoever you feel is the lesser of the two bozo's.

Whoever gets in barring some drastic unforeseen bad situation that pops up don't expect much change. Another four yrs will roll on and you'll want someone else in and get fooled again.

It's the people that think like this is why I know he will never have a chance even if I vote for him. Ron Paul had a chance' date=' but it was whisked away by the media monster. Again... not throwing away my vote, you shouldn't either.[/quote']

Right, because all that's ever existed has been democrats and republicans. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised you're a hive mind thinker though. Not surprised at all.

Honestly guys it's prob smarter to have Romney in office that way he can **** up so bad we can just overthrow our modern version of government.

By 2022 all these right removing right natzys will be shipped to Utah and fenced in and all the other states will enjoy the freedoms our founding fathers originally intended for us.

Honestly guys it's prob smarter to have Romney in office that way he can **** up so bad we can just overthrow our modern version of government.

By 2022 all these right removing right natzys will be shipped to Utah and fenced in and all the other states will enjoy the freedoms our founding fathers originally intended for us.

No! You can **** up really bad and still be considered a hero to a lot of people!

Right' date=' because all that's ever existed has been democrats and republicans. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised you're a hive mind thinker though. Not surprised at all.[/quote']

I don't consider myself a hive thinker as you say, but a realist.

And what do you suggest, voting for Johnson.. as if he has a real chance?

Do you think he has a real chance or do you want your vote to just prove a point?

Srsly.

I don't consider myself a hive thinker as you say' date=' but a realist.

And what do you suggest, voting for Johnson.. as if he has a real chance?

Do you think he has a real chance or do you want your vote to just prove a point?

Srsly.[/quote']

It's not about you thinking he has a real chance or not, it's about you thinking he is the best man for the job.

Wasting your vote would be to vote in a guy you don't think is fit to do the job because he is the lesser of two evils.

It's not about you thinking he has a real chance or not' date=' it's about you thinking he is the best man for the job.

Wasting your vote would be to vote in a guy you don't think is fit to do the job because he is the lesser of two evils.[/quote']

Good post!

They are all "fit to do the job."

Is this what you mean Brad?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-29/romney-avoids-taxes-via-loophole-cutting-mormon-donations.html

Romney Avoids Taxes via Loophole Cutting Mormon Donations

In 1997, Congress cracked down on a popular tax shelter that allowed rich people to take advantage of the exempt status of charities without actually giving away much money.

Individuals who had already set up these vehicles were allowed to keep them. That included Mitt Romney, then the chief executive officer of Bain Capital, who had just established such an arrangement in June 1996.

That's it! Start taxing churches!

Archived