JDS on Cain: "He's going to get knocked out again.

Trollsmasher

According to JDS, if Cain stands with him to prove the first time was a fluke, he will knock him out again.

I don't think Cain plans on standing with again to prove anything lol

He also talks about that he believes since everyone is so well rounded, you have to train harder to be competitive in the UFC which leads to the amount injuries we are currently seeing in the UFC.

Source: Junior Dos Santos on Cain Velasquez standing with him: "He's going to get knocked out again."

It could happen. However I do trust that Cain was injured in that fight and get what he was saying. When I spar at the gym I and im injured I spend a lot of the session thinking about my injury, my head is not in game as much as it should be.

Could be a totally different fight this time around, JDS could get thrown on his *** and fked up. Or Cain will just get Ko'ed again. Either way it will be very entertaining, and the rest of the card is STACKED.

IIt’s funny, because Cain is so much faster than JDS. And JDS doesn’t even realize it yet. And obviously, Big Nog forgot, it’s not like Cain punched him in the head four times before he hit the ground or anything. JDS throws looping shots, Cain should keep a tight defense and move in when JDS starts to wing shots. I love JDS and his confidence, but at times it’s too much. JDS is a great boxer and stuffed takedowns against a rusty Cain and Mir(lol), so we still haven't seen him under pressure.

Take into account the JDS vs Nelson fight. The most glaring weakness in the Nelson fight was the fact that Roy out-struck JDS in the third round. JDS says it in every interview, “I always go for the finish.” But in a 5 round fight with a motivated, cardio machine in Cain, that’s not a good strategy.

Unless he manages to catch Cain early again (not likely) and he can stuff constant takedowns (not likely) he's in for a long fight.

Just like people want to forget that Cain fought coming off a torn rotator cuff and still feeling another lagging injury. I know you want to believe your heros are the toughest men on earth, but there is no way in any reality that JDS fought with a TORN knee, He would have needed to have surgery and MONTHS off. GSP anyone?

Just like people want to forget that Cain fought coming off a torn rotator cuff and still feeling another lagging injury. I know you want to believe your heros are the toughest men on earth' date=' but there is no way in any reality that JDS fought with a TORN knee, He would have needed to have surgery and MONTHS off. GSP anyone?[/quote']

JDS had first degree tear in his knee which is not that bad football players still play football with this type of injury. Cain was not able to train properly for a full year and you could see this by his weight for this fight. Good thing all these questions will be answered in a few months. My money is Cain.

IIt’s funny' date=' because [b']Cain is so much faster than JDS[/b]. And JDS doesn’t even realize it yet. And obviously, Big Nog forgot, it’s not like Cain punched him in the head four times before he hit the ground or anything. JDS throws looping shots, Cain should keep a tight defense and move in when JDS starts to wing shots. I love JDS and his confidence, but at times it’s too much. JDS is a great boxer and stuffed takedowns against a rusty Cain and Mir(lol), so we still haven't seen him under pressure.

Take into account the JDS vs Nelson fight. The most glaring weakness in the Nelson fight was the fact that Roy out-struck JDS in the third round. JDS says it in every interview, “I always go for the finish.” But in a 5 round fight with a motivated, cardio machine in Cain, that’s not a good strategy.

Unless he manages to catch Cain early again (not likely) and he can stuff constant takedowns (not likely) he's in for a long fight.

3 very ridiculous statements.

Adressing the first one: This is a joke right? Junior has BY FAR the fastest hands at HW. When he was unloading on Mir against the cage in RD 1 it looked like he had the hand speed of a LW.

The second part is also equally ridiculous. Fat Roy took a 30-26 beating. Let's say Roy for one moment did slightly outstrike JDS in the third (didn't happen). so what!? Kongo outstruck Cain in the first and second round and actually made his knees buckle. Cain resorting to Wrasslin mode after that.

And the third part made me LOL. You said: " Unless he manages to catch Cain early again (not likely) and he can stuff constant takedowns (not likely) he's in for a long fight"

I like how you are stating things that have already happened as unlikely scenarios. Instead, in your eyes, the likely scenario is Cain taking Junior's punches and continue to move forward (Never happened) and imply that Junior will be taken down (Never happened in Junior's UFC career)

JDS is getting swollen head syndrome now LOL! Christ the guy says he would knock out Klitchko in a boxing match! He couldn't even finish a totally ****ing gassed Carwin and Nelson (Bums in the striking department when compared to Klitchko) with 4 ounce gloves for christs sake! Now he is gonna KO the best boxer on the planet with boxing gloves on? LMFAO! I can't wait to see Overeem knock this fool the **** out! That is if Cain doesn't smash him first.

3 very ridiculous statements.

Adressing the first one: This is a joke right? Junior has BY FAR the fastest hands at HW. When he was unloading on Mir against the cage in RD 1 it looked like he had the hand speed of a LW.

The second part is also equally ridiculous. Fat Roy took a 30-26 beating. Let's say Roy for one moment did slightly outstrike JDS in the third (didn't happen). so what!? Kongo outstruck Cain in the first and second round and actually made his knees buckle. Cain resorting to Wrasslin mode after that.

And the third part made me LOL. You said: " Unless he manages to catch Cain early again (not likely) and he can stuff constant takedowns (not likely) he's in for a long fight"

I like how you are stating things that have already happened as unlikely scenarios. Instead' date=' in your eyes, the likely scenario is Cain taking Junior's punches and continue to move forward (Never happened) and imply that Junior will be taken down (Never happened in Junior's UFC career)[/quote']

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Cain did throw four sets of knuckle off Nog's face before he dropped. And JDS throws looping shots, not nearly as fast as he could be. Cain throws more technically than JDS. And Roy did out strike JDS in the third, every who has fought Nelson fades from trying to put that gypsy out. And just because JDS hasn't been taken down YET, doesn't mean it will never happen. Under constant pressure by a healthy Cain he will go down at some point.

I have never seen any evidence that JDS is anything other than repsectful, decent, and an excellent boxer.

All those people who are claiming that he is an ******, or a sub-standard boxer etc, should present their evidence.

To say he is a weak boxer because he throws looping shots is complete BS. How about Chuck Lidell back in the day? His technique was wild, but he kept finishing people.

Also, to the people who talk breeze about how JDS did in the later rounds of a fight against Nelson... On what grounds do you see this fight going that far?

-Neither fighter's fights normally last that long.

-Cain's chin pales in comparison to Nelson's.

-JDS has already dispatched of Cain quickly once before.

Well' date=' I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Cain did throw four sets of knuckle off Nog's face before he dropped. And JDS throws looping shots, not nearly as fast as he could be. Cain throws more technically than JDS. And Roy did out strike JDS in the third, every who has fought Nelson fades from trying to put that gypsy out. And just because JDS hasn't been taken down YET, doesn't mean it will never happen. Under constant pressure by a healthy Cain he will go down at some point.[/quote']

Cain knocks out Nog and he all of the sudden has the best and fastest hands? Their Boxing is not even close. Junior is more technical and literally twice as fast as Cain.

And the question isn;t whether or not Junior will get taken down by an aggressive Cain. Because Junior has already showed he can stop Cain's and everyone elses takedowns. The guy has the best TDD in the UFC. The question is whether or not Cain and his chin can handle JDS's speed, accuracy, and power. Because he got knocked out in a minute by him and got dropped by Kongo. So literally the 3 times he was hit square he either got KO'd or rocked.

That's what he told me on Twitter. lol

@MattG575 training is going great! I see myself winning' date=' maybe via 1st submission of my UFC career #ASKCIGANO #UFC155[/quote']

I think JDS knows Cain will take him down. Why else would he be saying he is getting a sub. This will not be good for Cigano because if Cain takes him down he is gunna get some vicious ground and pound.

I think JDS knows Cain will take him down. Why else would he be saying he is getting a sub. This will not be good for Cigano because if Cain takes him down he is gunna get some vicious ground and pound.

Cain won't take him down. He hasn't before and he won't come close to doing it again. Junior has the best TDD in the UFC.

I think he knows that after the last fight Cain is definitely gonna try to take him down. He doesn't wanna feel JDS power again.

Cain knocks out Nog and he all of the sudden has the best and fastest hands? Their Boxing is not even close. Junior is more technical and literally twice as fast as Cain.

And the question isn;t whether or not Junior will get taken down by an aggressive Cain. Because Junior has already showed he can stop Cain's and everyone elses takedowns. The guy has the best TDD in the UFC. The question is whether or not Cain and his chin can handle JDS's speed' date=' accuracy, and power. Because he got knocked out in a minute by him and got dropped by Kongo. So literally the 3 times he was hit square he either got KO'd or rocked.[/quote']

JDS does NOT have the best TDD in the UFC. That's the most heavy handed thing I've ever heard. Cain was coming off a long injury, JDS stopped a single leg and that's it. Not exactly a magnificent feat of defense. And don't even bring up "other people" because Mir is a garbage wrestler. You are all counting out Cain, I'm not even trying to say Cain will win for sure, I'm just saying I expect a more competitive fight this time. Cain has fast hands and clean, technical striking, you really can't deny that. I think we saw the worst Cain fight a brimming JDS in the first fight. They will both be healed and healthy as possible for the next fight, all I can hope is that it lasts a lot longer than the first and it's a good fight. Also, I'm not discrediting JDS' hands, I just think he could keep things tighter and in turn, even faster and more powerful. I'd also like to see him flex his ground game a bit. If he's as good as everyone says on the ground then it will send a big message to the HW division.

JDS does NOT have the best TDD in the UFC. That's the most heavy handed thing I've ever heard. Cain was coming off a long injury' date=' [b']JDS stopped a single leg and that's it.[/b] Not exactly a magnificent feat of defense. And don't even bring up "other people" because Mir is a garbage wrestler. You are all counting out Cain, I'm not even trying to say Cain will win for sure, I'm just saying I expect a more competitive fight this time. Cain has fast hands and clean, technical striking, you really can't deny that. I think we saw the worst Cain fight a brimming JDS in the first fight. They will both be healed and healthy as possible for the next fight, all I can hope is that it lasts a lot longer than the first and it's a good fight. Also, I'm not discrediting JDS' hands, I just think he could keep things tighter and in turn, even faster and more powerful. I'd also like to see him flex his ground game a bit. If he's as good as everyone says on the ground then it will send a big message to the HW division.

Cain took Brock down with that single, but JDS was too slick for it.

I agree that we still need to see a bit more to declare Junior's TDD as possibly the best in the company, but there's no denying at this point that it's absolutely ace from what we've seen thus far.

The challenge for Cain is that unlike the other big men he has ragdolled in the past, Junior is both incredibly strong and lightning quick with his reflexes. It's gonna be interesting to see how desperate Velasquez gets for the takedown.

Cain took Brock down with that single' date=' but JDS was too slick for it.

I agree that we still need to see a bit more to declare Junior's TDD as possibly the best in the company, but there's no denying at this point that it's absolutely ace from what we've seen thus far.

The challenge for Cain is that unlike the other big men he has ragdolled in the past, Junior is both incredibly strong and lightning quick. It's gonna be interesting to see how desperate he gets for the takedown.[/quote']

Cain was also more healthy in the Brock fight, and Brock is so top heavy that it's just a matter of physics that he be taken down. Plus, JDS has footwork light years ahead of Brock haha. I do agree with you, both men will have the work cut out for them, I'd like to see JDS come in with a phenomenal gas tank. THAT would be an awesome fight.

Archived