Jones on fighting Silva: "I would only gain from it"

megaman

http://espn.estadao.com.br/noticia/289919_exclusivo-jones-diz-que-mudou-de-ideia-sobre-superluta-com-anderson-eu-so-teria-a-ganhar

He says in the last paragraph of this article that he no longer sees it as a lose lose situation for him and that he actually sees only good things coming from it.

This one is a tough one to pull off, much tougher than GSP vs Silva, but I hope it happens.

First off, he could lose his belt and his current title defense streak, should the fight happen at 205, which I think he is assuming. He can also never be considered "the greatest" if he loses to Anderson. So yeah, he does have to lose quite a bit.

It's hard to say if the fight will ever happen though..

No way in hell Silva takes that fight' date='he has proven over time he does not want tough fights.

His talk about refusing Wiedman because it was not a marketable fight is bull because if that was THE reason,he would take a Jones fight in less than one second.[/quote']

Silva said he is thinking about it for the fans...

That was before this comment by Jones, so...

You fail.

No way in hell Silva takes that fight' date='he has proven over time he does not want tough fights.

His talk about refusing Wiedman because it was not a marketable fight is bull because if that was THE reason,he would take a Jones fight in less than one second.[/quote']

Why are all these retards pretending that Weidman is a tough fight for Silva? Its not at all. He has fought better strikers, better grapplers, better wrestlers.

People only want a title shot for Weidman because he's already smashed the crap out of everyone else apart from Bisping

1.) Jones destroys Silva

2.) Everyone proclaims him as the GOAT

3.) ???

4.) PROFIT

Make GSP vs Silva, have a good fight between 2 guys of a more similar size and let Anderson walk away from the sport with some dignity.

Why are all these retards pretending that Weidman is a tough fight for Silva? Its not at all. He has fought better strikers' date=' better grapplers, better wrestlers.

[b']People only want a title shot for Weidman because he's already smashed the crap out of everyone[/b] else apart from Bisping

Oh, is that all he's done? Yeah probably shouldn't give him a title shot than. Give it to Bisping on the 1 fight "streak" where he wrestled Brian Stann to a decision.

1.) Jones destroys Silva

2.) Everyone proclaims him as the GOAT

3.) ???

4.) PROFIT

Make GSP vs Silva' date=' have a good fight between 2 guys of a more similar size and let Anderson walk away from the sport with some dignity.

Oh, is that all he's done? Yeah probably shouldn't give him a title shot than. Give it to Bisping on the 1 fight "streak" where he wrestled Brian Stann to a decision.[/quote']

I got mad and spazzed out, it happens. I meant that Silva has already smashed everyone else, and there are no more legit contenders left

Weidman does not deserve a titleshot at the moment. (Mainstream)people barely know who he is. Weidman will get his turn after beating the top contenders. I however don't get why he's fighting Boetsch though, he should be fighting Bisping or Belcher because Boetsch is hardly known either. So a win over Boetsch still doesn't warrant Weidman a titleshot. I blame the UFC matchmaking.

Why are all these retards pretending that Weidman is a tough fight for Silva? Its not at all. He has fought better strikers' date=' better grapplers, better wrestlers.

People only want a title shot for Weidman because he's already smashed the crap out of everyone else apart from Bisping[/quote']

I agree...Weidman was basically a nobody in terms of name value before the munoz fight. People way overrated munoz because the truth is that munoz really never beat anyone substantial

If you really want a proven tough fighter you have to go with rashad, gsp, or jones

I agree...Weidman was basically a nobody in terms of name value before the munoz fight. People way overrated munoz because the truth is that munoz really never beat anyone substantial

If you really want a proven tough fighter you have to go with rashad' date=' gsp, or jones[/b']

None are in his weight class. Weidman beat Maia and Munoz, is undefeated, 5-0 in the UFC and is the most deserving of a title shot. If you're giving title shots to people you think can definitely beat Anderson, who gets a shot? Nobody. So either Anderson steps up and fights these contenders or he drops the title and moves weightclasses.

None are in his weight class. Weidman beat Maia and Munoz' date=' is undefeated, 5-0 in the UFC and is the most deserving of a title shot. If you're giving title shots to people you think can definitely beat Anderson, who gets a shot? Nobody. So either Anderson steps up and fights these contenders or he drops the title and moves weightclasses.[/quote']

For once I can agree with one of your posts! This ^

new forum logic: IF you don't fight out of your weightclass (which silva has countless times) you are a *****.

Silva is not a ***** by any means. I admit I've been a little too hard on him at times for not taking fights that he should

I just get mad that someone this good gets a fight with Bonnar or James Irvin. If he's going to go out of his weight class to find a challenge go to Rashad or Bones. Also, you have to look at it as Soares is not taking fights that Silva may lose because he knows part of Silva's appeal is his amazing undefeated UFC record

I don't think Silva has much left to prove...the only thing that annoys me is people saying he's DEFINITELY p4p number 1 (specifically DW) yet he hasn't fought gsp or jones...there is no way to say for sure he is p4p number 1 unless he fights those guys

silva himself is one of the coolest most humble people on earth. he won't even say "i'm p4p best fighter on the planet." he usually says it's jones...or before he said it was bj penn. the truth is silva very well may be p4p best on earth...i just think it would be fun to finally see one of the 2 fights we all would like to see (gsp or jones). i like all 3 guys so at the end of the day i don't care who wins i would just like to see an amazing fight

Vitor Sonnen Silva..

Jones wants to clear the MW division now? lol sad...

So if he chooses not to fight Sonnen, he's a duck, but ig he agrees to fight him, it's sad because he's fighting middleweights...

If he chooses not to fight Anderson he's a coward, but if he chooses to fight him, it's also sad because he would be fighting middleweights...

Like that?

It doesn't matter what Jon Jones does, people will find a way to criticize him...

If that fight ever happens' date=' I'll bet my house on Jones.

Anderson would lose badly.[/quote']

Before the admittedly spectacular finnish, jones didn't look that good against Machida. Also the way he handled Belforts armbar was questionable. He looked like he didn't know what to do. In fact...he didn't know what to do and tried to power out of it.

Jones has shown more holes in his game than Anderson has. I'm not talking 3 years from now, but today Anderson would outclass Jones.

Before the admittedly spectacular finnish' date=' jones didn't look that good against Machida. Also the way he handled Belforts armbar was questionable. He looked like he didn't know what to do. In fact...he didn't know what to do and tried to power out of it.

Jones has shown more holes in his game than Anderson has. I'm not talking 3 years from now, but today Anderson would outclass Jones.[/quote']

Jones does have holes, I disagree on the Machida comment but I agree on the Belfort one... He still has a lot to learn and become more a force than he is now...

But another fact is that Jones knows very well what his strengths are and uses them very efficiently...

Jones vs Silva would be his biggest challenge, but I still have him winning...

Machida has world class takedown defense' date=' much better than Anderson's. Jones would dominate him on the ground the whole fight.

The only way Anderson would win is by submission. He knows this too, hence the reluctance to fight him.[/quote']

Man I just hope we'll find out some time soon. I'd much rather see that fight than the GSP matchup.

http://espn.estadao.com.br/noticia/289919_exclusivo-jones-diz-que-mudou-de-ideia-sobre-superluta-com-anderson-eu-so-teria-a-ganhar

He says in the last paragraph of this article that he no longer sees it as a lose lose situation for him and that he actually sees only good things coming from it.

This one is a tough one to pull off' date=' much tougher than GSP vs Silva, but I hope it happens.[/quote']

Actually, I see it as a much easier fight to put together since both fighters have fought at

LHW. Plus, more equal in all aspects since GSP is just a small man with gorilla long

arms, which would be easily dominated by Anderson's TDD, BJJ, and boxing rope a dope,

bobbing and weaving, and counterfighting skills.

So if he chooses not to fight Sonnen' date=' he's a duck, but ig he agrees to fight him, it's sad because he's fighting middleweights...

If he chooses not to fight Anderson he's a coward, but if he chooses to fight him, it's also sad because he would be fighting middleweights...

Like that?

It doesn't matter what Jon Jones does, people will find a way to criticize him...[/quote']

that was to save 151..... lmfao cmon son.

hes big enough to take a fight or two at HW.

that was to save 151..... lmfao cmon son.

hes big enough to take a fight or two at HW.

OMG you would have called him a coward for weeks if he turned down TUF against Chael Sonnen don't kid yourself and think you have any logic behind talking **** on Jones.

I'm not even a Jones fan but to say you have any justifiable reason to talk **** on him when it comes to a fighter is a joke.

He makes weight every time he dominates every time and he fights often. I guess I should have known better than to think that if someone came in and dominated Rashad Evans+Rampage+Machida+Shogun+Belfort they would receive at least the respect of the MMA community.

OMG you would have called him a coward for weeks if he turned down TUF against Chael Sonnen don't kid yourself and think you have any logic behind talking **** on Jones.

I'm not even a Jones fan but to say you have any justifiable reason to talk **** on him when it comes to a fighter is a joke.

He makes weight every time he dominates every time and he fights often. I guess I should have known better than to think that if someone came in and dominated Rashad Evans+Rampage+Machida+Shogun+Belfort they would receive at least the respect of the MMA community.

this! this!

Have any of you ever seen Anderson fight? Anderson would enter the netherworld matrix evasiveness and laugh at Jones' punches, a split second later delivering an ultra accurate finishing strike. There is no other way for the fight to end!

Jones's style of wrestling isn't fit for anderson, he doesn't have that power double which anderson is vulnerable to.

Have any of you ever seen Anderson fight? Anderson would enter the netherworld matrix evasiveness and laugh at Jones' punches' date=' a split second later delivering an ultra accurate finishing strike. There is no other way for the fight to end!

Jones's style of wrestling isn't fit for anderson, he doesn't have that power double which anderson is vulnerable to.[/quote']

there's a BIG difference between chael's gnp and jones' gnp

jones has made good fighters look bad, but have you seen Jones vs. Shogun or Jones vs. Hammill...he has completely tooled some amazing fighters as well

silva/jones...it's the fight i want to see...just waiting for it to get booked

Archived