Smooth v Diaz

leedsfighter

I'm iffy on this one. I really look at Smooth having the belt and think "I really am not too sure he beat Edgar that second fight. I think Nate has a much better chance of beating Bendo than he does beating Edgar.

Honestly, it's a toss up, but I'm actually leaning toward Nate taking the belt from Bendo.

Nate > Nick

I runner....thanks in response....yea thats the music' date='Smooth not rated to be champ ?

your a veteran on here,im a newby....explain please a little more,i question, in all respect.[/quote']

1. Edgar got robbed in their second fight

2. Pettis already beat him and he along with a few others in the division can as well

3. 5 wins in the ufc, all decision.

4. Nate Diaz is a better fighter

bendo has great wrestling evident in his fight with guida, bendo has amazing bjj defense and diaz isnt submitting him.

Bendo could quite easily out wrestle diaz getting takedowns for 5 rounds.

Also have to remember maynard won in a standup fight with diaz.

i want diaz to win, but there is no clear victory for diaz in this fight where as bendo has a clear victory route and that is with wrestling. Diaz standup is good but he isnt as dynamic as pettis so unlikely to suprise bendo were as bendo is dynamic in his attack, i would give the standup edge to diaz but its still a ? on who will take control of the standup.

bendo has great wrestling evident in his fight with guida' date=' bendo has amazing bjj defense and diaz isnt submitting him.

Bendo could quite easily out wrestle diaz getting takedowns for 5 rounds.

Also have to remember maynard won in a standup fight with diaz.[/quote']

Diaz has improved alot since then.

Diaz probably has the best Jits out of everyone bendo has fought (from what I can remember.)

Been a huge supporter of Bendo, but have to admit Edgar got the best of him two times and he doesn't deserve the strap. This was hard to admit at the time, but it has sunken in and kinda makes me doubt how good he is. I won't care THAT much either way, but I also wanna see a Diaz brother become champion and I rather have Nate pull it off than see another decision from the Smooth one.

2. Pettis already beat him and he along with a few others in the division can as well

3. 5 wins in the ufc' date=' all decision.

4. Nate Diaz is a better fighter[/quote']

These are the worst parameters to judge a fighter I have ever seen. GSP, dominant champ, majority decision wins. Edgar lost the second fight, get over it. Just because Pettis won one fight, with a lucky kick earning him the decision, MMA math should never be used EVER to judge the winner of a fight that hasn't happened yet. Diaz and Hendo are number 1 and 2, in no particular order, in the LW division right now. Pettis can't handle them, he wouldn't beat Bendo again.

1. Edgar got robbed in their second fight2. Pettis already beat him and he along with a few others in the division can as well

That fight should never of happened. There was an obviouse winner in the first fight.

Bendo UD via clinch boxing against the cage' date=' not going to the ground, and [b']not having pillow fists[/b].

seriously man

he has such great power he has stopped a total of NO opponents in the UFC and ONE TKO in his last 10 fights. He is the epitome of pillow fists

seriously man

he has such great power he has stopped a total of NO opponents in the UFC and ONE TKO in his last 10 fights. He is the epitome of pillow fists

He usually doesn't go for the KO. He's content to use his striking to set up a takedown. I don't think that will be the case against the wannabe gangsta though. He'll hold Diaz against the cage and dirty box, Couture style. It's the best gameplan against either Diaz if you're physically strong and have good wrestling. I'm not a big fan of either guy BTW. Just speaking the truth.

Hater.

1. Jersey shore midget didn't deserve the second fight in the first place. Got his *** soundly handed to him in the first fight.

2. Pettis also lost to Guida who Bendo beat. Plenty of people can beat Pettis including Bendo. Thier fight was pretty close.

3. Besides Frankie with his twinkle toes strategy Bendo always brings it.

4. We will see. Don't be surpized and butthurt if Bendo beats him. Diaz doesn't have the wrestling game but he's dangerous with his boxing, jitz, pressure and durability. Could go either way the way i see it.

He usually doesn't go for the KO. He's content to use his striking to set up a takedown. I don't think that will be the case against the wannabe gangsta though. He'll hold Diaz against the cage and dirty box' date=' Couture style. It's the best gameplan against either Diaz if you're physically strong and have good wrestling. I'm not a big fan of either guy BTW. Just speaking the truth.[/quote']

His best chance of winning is either keep the fight at range and counter box or try and get it to the floor and lay n prey. Dirty boxing is not really a good option against Diaz homie. Bendo has to either take the Condit route or the GSP route

Diaz is gonna tool him like he did to Cerrone :cool:

His best chance of winning is either keep the fight at range and counter box or try and get it to the floor and lay n prey. Dirty boxing is not really a good option against Diaz homie. Bendo has to either take the Condit route or the GSP route

Distance is exactly what a guy like Diaz wants. Pinning him against the cage and throwing short punches, elbows, and the occasional uppercut is how Bendo will win. Lay n pray will get Bendo subbed, and he'll eat too many pitter patter punches trying to counter box like Cerrone did.

Depends on what kind of dirty boxing. If it's out in the center where Diaz can make space it's not such a good idea but on the cage it's fine. As long as Bendo uses his wrestling actively and doesn't play the outside game too much with Diaz he will control the fight and win.

If he plays TKD king and jabber he's gonna get tooled.

Distance is exactly what a guy like Diaz wants. Pinning him against the cage and throwing short punches' date=' elbows, and the occasional uppercut is how Bendo will win. Lay n pray will get Bendo subbed, and he'll eat too many pitter patter punches trying to counter box like Cerrone did.[/quote']

Depends on what kind of dirty boxing. If it's out in the center where Diaz can make space it's not such a good idea but on the cage it's fine. As long as Bendo uses his wrestling actively and doesn't play the outside game too much with Diaz he will control the fight and win.

If he plays TKD king and jabber he's gonna get tooled.

Keeping distance worked perfectly for Condit plus Bendo has better leg kicks. Pinning Diaz against the cage aint going to work as Diaz is to skilled, will use the cage to work a TD and gain control for a sub or some GnP

I really do think Bendo has to either Condit kick and run or GsP lay n prey or else he is ****ed, and then if he does try and lay and prey Diaz can always work a SUB

Distance is exactly what a guy like Diaz wants. Pinning him against the cage and throwing short punches' date=' elbows, and the occasional uppercut is how Bendo will win. [b']Lay n pray will get Bendo subbed[/b], and he'll eat too many pitter patter punches trying to counter box like Cerrone did.

This made me laugh. Lay and Pray which is a very safe way of not getting subbed (Bendo doesn't lay and pray anyway) is going to get the un-submittable Bendo subbed? Did you watch his first fight with Cowboy? How much worse can you have a guy locked in? Diaz is not submitting Bendo. Funny you say Bendo lay and praying Nate will get him subbed when Nate couldn't stop a done in the sport Joe Stevenson when he was laying on him. Or Dong Hyun Kim for that matter.

Keeping distance worked perfectly for Condit plus Bendo has better leg kicks. Pinning Diaz against the cage aint going to work as Diaz is to skilled' date=' will use the cage to work a TD and gain control for a sub or some GnP

I really do think Bendo has to either Condit kick and run or GsP lay n prey or else he is ****ed, and then if he does try and lay and prey Diaz can always work a SUB[/quote']

Cage worked for Joe Stevenson. Sure Diaz is a different fighter now but i definitely think Bendo could Joe Stevenson him just fine.

Bendo is too short to play the distance game with Diaz and he doesn't have good enough hands to keep him at bay. What worked for Condit against Nick won't work for Bendo against Nate.

He will have to close the distance and wrestle. The kicks and a jab isn't gonna cut it. Mark my words if he plays TKD champ with a jab he's getting clipped eventually and probably finished. He can play a stick n move Condit game to draw him in but he better not do it too much and he better have good head movement.

I think he can play a tight top game against the cage to limit diaz mobility off his back but he also should occasionally stand up and stack looking to pass to strike, strike to pass game. Even if he doesn't pass atleast he's not playing the middle game where there's a good chance of chokes and armbar attempts.

Cage worked for Joe Stevenson. Sure Diaz is a different fighter now but i definitely think Bendo could Joe Stevenson him just fine.

Bendo is too short to play the distance game with Diaz and he doesn't have good enough hands to keep him at bay. What worked for Condit against Nick won't work for Bendo against Nate.

He will have to close the distance and wrestle. The kicks and a jab isn't gonna cut it. Mark my words if he plays TKD champ with a jab he's getting clipped eventually and probably finished. He can play a stick n move Condit game to draw him in but he better not do it too much and he better have good head movement.

I think he can play a tight top game against the cage to limit diaz mobility off his back but he also should occasionally stand up and stack looking to pass to strike' date=' strike to pass game. Even if he doesn't pass atleast he's not playing the middle game where there's a good chance of chokes and armbar attempts.[/quote']

I really dont see the Stevenson game plan working, Diaz is to good now to get stuck in that position. He would use the cage to his advtange and either end up on the outside striking or use the cage for a TK

Maybe Bendo shouldnt keep it at range or just lay n prey but use the leg kicks and range to draw Diaz in and time the take downs, hope to either GnP or LnP for 5 rounds. To me, thats his best option

I have said this many times tho, Diaz is gonna tool Bendo

I really dont see the Stevenson game plan working' date=' Diaz is to good now to get stuck in that position. He would use the cage to his advtange and either end up on the outside striking or use the cage for a TK

Maybe Bendo shouldnt keep it at range or just lay n prey but use the leg kicks and range to draw Diaz in and time the take downs, hope to either GnP or LnP for 5 rounds. To me, thats his best option

I have said this many times tho, Diaz is gonna tool Bendo[/quote']

If he can manhandle Guida on the cage i don't see him having a problem with Diaz. Nate hasn't shown me he can do anything to prevent a strong wrestler from running him into the cage dictating the action and ragdolling him all over the place. If Rory, Kim Dong-Hyun and Joe can i see no reason Bendo can't too. Everyone that's tried hasn't had problems doing it.

If he can manhandle Guida on the cage i don't see him having a problem with Diaz. Nate hasn't shown me he can do anything to prevent a strong wrestler from running him into the cage dictating the action and ragdolling him all over the place. If Rory' date=' Kim Dong-Hyun and Joe can i see no reason Bendo can't too. Everyone that's tried hasn't had problems doing it.[/quote']

We will see. Diaz is a much better fighter now and Bendo isnt the great fighter people think he is. If Bendo had trouble with Edgar, and I am an Edgar fan, he is gonna have serious trouble against Diaz IMO. Diaz is the best fighter Bendo has faced and Bendo dosent have a huge size advantage as he did against Edgar

We will see. Diaz is a much better fighter now and Bendo isnt the great fighter people think he is. If Bendo had trouble with Edgar' date=' and I am an Edgar fan, he is gonna have serious trouble against Diaz IMO. Diaz is the best fighter Bendo has faced and Bendo dosent have a huge size advantage as he did against Edgar[/quote']

Bendo will prove he's up for it as long as he doesn't get foolish with standup.

Diaz has zero wrestling and weak strength. If Bendo does clinch he will dominate him there and should be fine on the ground as long as he doesn't get carried away.

Power>Technique

:D

Bendo will prove he's up for it as long as he doesn't get foolish with standup.

Diaz has zero wrestling and weak strength. If Bendo does clinch he will dominate him there and should be fine on the ground as long as he doesn't get carried away.

Power>Technique

:D

lmfao

132248708314.gif

Like this fight a lot...first fight I'm looking forward to in a while (and it's free!)

I have my bias like everyone...in interest of full disclosure i am not a diaz fan, but i'll try to break it down objectively as possible. Not that hard considering neither of these 2 mofos even know who I am :D

Striking - slight edge to diaz...could see this fight taking place primarily on the feet, and if so, I see it going back and forth for the most part

Wrestling - edge to Bendo...don't think this is either of their strong points, but slight edge to Bendo for being in better shape overall

Jiu-jitsu - edge to Diaz...could see Diaz possibly pulling off a submission

Cardio - tie...both don't quit and Bendo may be in better shape but Diaz does have a never say die mentality

Experience - tie...both have a decent amount of experience...Bendo would have the slight edge if any because he's been in higher profile matchups

X Factor - tie again...Bendo has so much momentum being that he's the defending champ and Diaz has so much momentum seeing as though he just went through 3 extremely legit opponents

could definitely see this one going either way. i do have bendo winning though because he is the champ and diaz has always had trouble getting through to the very upper echelon...definitely could pull off an upset though

VERY excited to see this fight

Amen to that, brother!. Total agreement with every word. :)

i dunno its going to be a sick fight. but i think benson is aggressive to opponents that he could beat. him vs edgar he didnt seem that aggressive or try to take some risk to reap the reward

Thanks all views fellas....as i'm from England,and like a bet,i see it' Smooth' favourite and would love some EVENS,reckon will be more like 4/6 with Diaz 7/4

Enjoy the fight....regards to all. :)

Archived