Who has/had the worst overall technique in UFC history?

Dolomite5698

Isn't it? My god. I can't believe he's gotten away with it for all these years.

when you are as good on the ground as he is it dosent really matter against most fighters and he is world class on the mat ;)

was surprised how much damage he actually did to GSP in that fight

when you are as good on the ground as he is it dosent really matter against most fighters and he is world class on the mat ;)

was surprised how much damage he actually did to GSP in that fight

Yes, world class...who isn't world class on the mat with Joe Rogan as a commentator? Lol.

Yeah, I am too. I'm also surprised how poor Shields did against Kampman, Ellenberger and Akiyama though.

Yes' date=' world class...who isn't world class on the mat with Joe Rogan as a commentator? Lol.

Yeah, I am too. I'm also surprised how poor Shields did against Kampman, Ellenberger and Akiyama though.[/quote']

He did bad because he can no longer make that weight properly, which is the reason he is now back at MW. He will improve in his performances from now on, I have faith :D

He did bad because he can no longer make that weight properly' date=' which is the reason he is now back at MW. He will improve in his performances from now on, I have faith :D[/quote']

We will see...there's a lot of fun match-ups for him at MW. Wandy vs Shields would be fun...Wandy has never been submitted in his entire career. Idk, sounds fun to me. What do you think?

We will see...there's a lot of fun match-ups for him at MW. Wandy vs Shields would be fun...Wandy has never been submitted in his entire career. Idk' date=' sounds fun to me. What do you think?[/quote']

I agree, that does sound like a fun fight, also Shields v Belcher

Jardine is such an oddity because his technique was so bad, it worked for a time because a lot of fighters weren't fighting opponents that "unorthodox"

Have to say that the worst technique in MMA (not UFC) has to be Bob Sapp... the way he paws rather than punches, how he can get worked by guys half his size if he ends up on his back... there really is no comparing...

Jardine is such an oddity because his technique was so bad' date=' it worked for a time because a lot of fighters weren't fighting opponents that "unorthodox"

Have to say that the worst technique in MMA (not UFC) has to be Bob Sapp... the way he paws rather than punches, how he can get worked by guys half his size if he ends up on his back... there really is no comparing...[/quote']

Yeah, I wanted to just keep it to the UFC, not MMA in general because...well there are entire legions of people like Bob Sapp that no one has heard of lol

I agree on Jardine though, like I said in an earlier post...I've only been training Muay Thai for three years and some of his kicks are so awful it makes me want to panic =P

Haha Harold Howard,you must be Canadian to know that.

Pretty tough to top Tank for the least skilled fighter ever in the UFC,however perhaps there is a worse fighter....Emmanuel Yarborough.,a giant thug that could barely move in the ring,Tank could at least strike with power,Manny couldn't do anything but plod around the ring and take shots.

Abbot started when no one knew as much as everyone now.....Garcia should have no excuse. Beltran is on the same path as Garcia.

I guess. Boxing was just SO new in the late 90's and early 2000's that why his boxing was so bad...

Garcia has no excuse to me because he's a 145'er...lighter guys should naturally have better technique. Beltran...eh, he just flat out has no technique.

Archived