Wanna talk to Ken Shamrock? Here's how

Trollsmasher

Source: Wanna talk to Ken Shamrock? Here's how

Seems Ken Shamrock joined some kind of phone service that you can call him whenever you want' date=' and have a one-on-one phone conversation with him.

It only cost 12 bucks a minute to pick his brains.

Anybody calling him?[/quote']

lol...hmm $60 for a 5-minute conversation with him...that could be kind of funny just for the story alone...he needs better advertising though and more people might do this

I wouldn't even be excited enough to call him for free' date=' much less pay anything.

SHAMrock = most over rated man ever to grace the Octagon. His claim to fame is a draw with Royce Gracie lol.[/quote']

Him and Royce were the first 2 stars to grace the octagon... No shame in that...

He was much more legit than Tank Abbott who was just a brawler... Shamrock was a legit grappler...

Him and Royce were the first 2 stars to grace the octagon... No shame in that...

He was much more legit than Tank Abbott who was just a brawler... Shamrock was a legit grappler...

I never said Tank Abbott was legit. But Ken Shamrock was a joke. His record since 1986 is 8 wins and 11 losses, his only wins that mattered in his entire career is Dan Severn once, and Bas Rutten twice, passed that his most impressive performances were draws with Royce Gracie and Oleg Taktarov.

UFC Hall of fame for what? Only really being relevant in pancrase? Him alone is a complete discredit to the UFC hall of fame.

Ken Shamrock, UFC record = 6-6-2

SHAMrock

I never said Tank Abbott was legit. But Ken Shamrock was a joke. His record since 1986 is 8 wins and 11 losses' date=' his only wins that mattered in his entire career is Dan Severn once, and Bas Rutten twice, passed that his most impressive performances were draws with Royce Gracie and Oleg Taktarov.

UFC Hall of fame for what? Only really being relevant in pancrase? Him alone is a complete discredit to the UFC hall of fame.

Ken Shamrock, UFC record = 6-6-2

SHAMrock[/quote']

I never said you said Abbott was legit, I was just making a comparison... And beating Bas twice is somewhat impressive... There was also no shame in drawing with Royce...

He's in the HOF because of what I said before... He was the biggest first star of the UFC along with Royce, and nobody can take that away from him...

That sole reason is enough to make him HOF material...

That sole reason is enough to make him HOF material...

In other words, to be in the UFC hall of Fame, you either need to make MMA related T-shirts, then die, or go to the WWE, make up a real catchy nickname while associating yourself with MMA and make yourself popular.

Being a top notch fighter isn't a requirement. Hall of Fame = discredited

Why isn't Oleg Taktarov in there? Why isn't Don Frye in there?

Don Frye is 10-1-0

Oleg Taktarov 6-2-1

In MMA circles back in the day, Oleg Taktarov and Don Frye were WAY more popular than Ken Shamrock. Talk to WWE fans from back in the day, Ken Shamrock was the baddest MMA fighter EVER and not one of them could tell you a single name of anyone he beat outside of the WWE lol. Hell even Gary Goodridge was more popular in MMA circles than Ken Shamrock.

The WWE is what Shamrock is famous for lol.

In other words' date=' to be in the UFC hall of Fame, you either need to make MMA related T-shirts, then die, or go to the WWE, make up a real catchy nickname while associating yourself with MMA and make yourself popular.

Being a top notch fighter isn't a requirement. Hall of Fame = discredited

Why isn't Oleg Taktarov in there? Why isn't Don Frye in there?

Don Frye is 10-1-0

Oleg Taktarov 6-2-1

In MMA circles back in the day, Oleg Taktarov and Don Frye were WAY more popular than Ken Shamrock. Talk to WWE fans from back in the day, Ken Shamrock was the baddest MMA fighter EVER and not one of them could tell you a single name of anyone he beat outside of the WWE lol.

The WWE is what Shamrock is famous for lol.[/quote']

I agree with you on the Mask thing, and I also agree Frye and Taktarov should be in the HOF, not so much Taktarov, but I give you that...

But you can't disagree on the impact Shamrock made in the early years of the UFC...

But you can't disagree on the impact Shamrock made in the early years of the UFC...

Believe me, I was well interested in the UFC and MMA back in the early 90s. Like every other martial arts trained hot head, I wanted a challenge.

Ken Shamrocks name never got big until he joined the WWF (at the time). That's his impact. Brought word of MMA and the UFC to the masses by being a professional wrestler.

You go Ken SHAMrock

Guess we need to make sure Brock Lesnar gets in there as well. Chat with most any person who was heavily training Martial Arts in the early to mid 90s when the UFC started and little BS fight promotions were going on all over the place, and you'll see that Ken Shamrock isn't all that highly thought of.

Ask any guy wearing a Hulkamania shirt who he thinkgs is the greatest MMA fighter, and he's likely to say Brock Lesnar or Ken Shamrock lol.

Believe me' date=' I was well interested in the UFC and MMA back in the early 90s. Like every other martial arts trained hot head, I wanted a challenge.

Ken Shamrocks name never got big until he joined the WWF (at the time). That's his impact. Brought word of MMA and the UFC to the masses by being a professional wrestler.

You go Ken SHAMrock

[b']Guess we need to make sure Brock Lesnar gets in there as well.[/b]

No need to go THAT far...

But you can't deny the impact he's had on the UFC since he's come and gone! ;)

Now you're just being silly...

One thing is to make an impact at the beginning of something, another very different is to make one in the middle...

why don't we agree to disagree???

Now you're just being silly...

One thing is to make an impact at the beginning of something' date=' another very different is to make one in the middle...

why don't we agree to disagree???[/quote']

Well, thing is, Ken SHAMrock is a joke.

This is what happens when Ken Shamrock meets a real hall of famer!

sham.jpg

0031.jpg

Oh wait! He tapped out the Rock

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-FdzguYHrR3bz7lAtYkPO1VvQvnsuRFIqPugF-jyt8Of9GvxB523YH90NKQ

Hall of fame for you SHAMrock!!! lol.

Brock Lesnars UFC career = 5 - 3 = UFC HW champion defended the Championship twice, UFC award Submission of the Night x1.

Ken Shamrock UFC career = 6 - 6 - 2 = Superfight Champion, defended twice (once of those because of a draw). No post fight bonuses.

Both used their WWE careers to grow MMA popularity.

Archived