Least impressive dominant victory

Mangasm

Any of you guys remember fights that were completely and utterly one sided, where one fighter showed his vast superiority to his opponent, but somehow it wasn't impressive in the least? This isn't a place to knock lay n pray wins though. Yes they're boring but there are already a million threads for that.

I'd have to say Velasquez vs Rothwell. Cain was tossing Big Ben around like a ragdoll and throwing tons of GnP, but Ben was never hurt by any of it and always got right back up to his feet within moments. Then at the end he's standing up from another takedown, eating shots that still don't seem to faze him at all, and the ref stops the fight. It was really a pretty sad show.

Cro Cop vs Perosh. Cro Cop was handed a LHW on short notice. A LHW on short notice who was absolutely terrified of him. Seriously you could see the fear in Perosh's eyes the moment Mirko moved anywhere close to him. Mirko got to throw without any fear of a counter because Perosh was too scared, and he STILL couldn't put this guy away. The doctor finally had to step in and end the fight between rounds because Cro Cop was too clumsy to finish a terrified LHW with little to no preparation.

Any fights you guys weren't impressed with, despite their dominance? (In before Jones is 2 big its unfair :( )

DEFINITELY gsp vs. hardy. I have never in my life seen such a one-sided beating as gsp gave hardy yet ALL you heard about from gsp and every fan was how lackluster gsp was

Watch that fight again and it was the most dominant win ever yet it was the start of the hate train on gsp not being able to finish fights

Jones vs. Bonnar. Couldn't even finish him like Silva did.

Probably McDonald vs. Diaz too.

are you ****in kidding me!?!?! jones vs. bonnar was one of the most impressive things i've ever seen. i never even HEARD of jones at that point and he was some unknown 20 year old kid totally tooling bonnar. i actually think that would be up there with one of the most impressive wins ever

what do you think would have happened if a bonnar in his prime fought any other 20 year old kid making their ufc debut?

are you ****in kidding me!?!?! jones vs. bonnar was one of the most impressive things i've ever seen. i never even HEARD of jones at that point and he was some unknown 20 year old kid totally tooling bonnar. i actually think that would be up there with one of the most impressive wins ever

what do you think would have happened if a bonnar in his prime fought any other 20 year old kid making their ufc debut?

He wasn't a newcomer then. His first fight was weak too.

GSP vs. anybody that doesn't poke him in the eye. It's not hate' date=' I'm just saying that GSP is so good at everything, that he humiliates his opponent where they're not good. He makes it look so easy that it makes everybody's ****** hurt for some stupid reason.[/quote']

So do Jones and Silva, but they doesn't look boring as hell to watch

Thiago Silva vs Keith Jardine - Sure, he knocked him out in the first round, but afterwards he stood over him and yelled at him, like "I'm so tough", then walked up to the camera and did his throat-slit thing. It's The Dean of Mean, calm down.

Randy Couture vs James Toney - Congratulations, you submitted a punch-drunk old man, who instead of training his ground game whatsoever, paid King Mo to lie about him having trained his ground game.

Matt Hughes vs Renzo Gracie - I couldn't believe I was watching what was likely to be Matt Hughes by leg kick TKO, and they were so tentative the whole time.

Ben Rothwell vs Gilbert Yvel- In the first round, Rothwell came out and it was intense. After that, it was ten minutes of pathetic, cardioless fatties wrestling for the win.

DEFINITELY gsp vs. hardy. I have never in my life seen such a one-sided beating as gsp gave hardy yet ALL you heard about from gsp and every fan was how lackluster gsp was

Watch that fight again and it was the most dominant win ever yet it was the start of the hate train on gsp not being able to finish fights

Um, what? :confused:

If you want sheer dominance, look no further than Silva vs. Bonnar. Never before has a fighter done EXACTLY what his opponent needed him to do in order for that opponent to win, but Silva still embarrassed him.

GSP vs. Hardy was embarrassing for both fighters, honestly. GSP showed he could take down a guy with 0 wrestling experience, but couldn't finish a guy with 0 grappling experience on the ground.

This is a trend with most of GSP's "dominating wins". So as per the thread subject, I say GSP vs. *insert any of his opponents over the last 3+ years here*.

GSP vs. anybody that doesn't poke him in the eye. It's not hate' date=' I'm just saying that GSP is so good at everything, that he humiliates his opponent where they're not good. He makes it look so easy that it makes everybody's ****** hurt for some stupid reason.[/quote']

Gotta love munkie...

And no, GSP isn't "so good at everything". He's great at two things: taking his opponent down, and stuffing his opponents' takedown attempts. Other than that, he's fairly mediocre.

this thread is ridiculous but this post cracked me up.

Lol, it didn't even look like Maldonado should be in the UFC. Glover just destroyed him, I almost felt bad for Maldonado, in between being shocked by the fact he was still standing when the ref called it. I was more impressed by Maldonado's freakish punch resistance than Glover's win (not to take anything away from him of course).

Overeem vs Lesnar.

1.) Alistair was, as always, on PED's for this fight.

2.) He fought a WWE wrestler who fought for 1 last paycheck.

3.) This said wrestler actually stood with him and was winning the exchanges, actually busting the overrated Anaboic man up.

Talk about an overrated, overhyped, oversized, no-chinned, bully of a can crusher.

Overeem vs Lesnar.

1.) Alistair was' date=' as always, on PED's for this fight.

3.) This said wrestler actually stood with him and was winning the exchanges[b']WRONG[/b], actually busting the overrated Anaboic man up.

Talk about an overratedWRONG, overhypedWRONG, oversized, no-chinned(WRONG, bully of a can crusher.

You can't say Lesnar won any exchanges. Please.

Overeem vs Lesnar.

3.) This said wrestler actually stood with him and was winning the exchanges, actually busting the overrated Anaboic man up.

Talk about an overrated, overhyped, oversized, no-chinned, bully of a can crusher.[/quote']

At least he FINISHED Lesnar! who was a previous champion. More than I can say about pillow fisted JDS. He struggled and almost got caught by fat boy Nelson the gatekeeper!

Brock also finished Carwin. Something pillow fists couldn't do either! LMFAO!:P

Overeem vs Lesnar.

Talk about an overrated, overhyped, oversized, no-chinned, bully of a can crusher.[/quote']

Winning the exchanges, hahahahahahahahahahaha!

You can't say Lesnar won any exchanges. Please.

He was winning the exchanges until the roidknee came. He event cut Roids on the face.

And i love how you didn't put WRONG' date=' next to oversized lol..

At least he FINISHED Lesnar! who was a previous champion. More than I can say about pillow fisted JDS. He struggled and almost got caught by fat boy Nelson the gatekeeper!

Brock also finished Carwin. Something pillow fists couldn't do either! LMFAO!:P

Junior would have made Brock quit with one punch. And Roy didn't almost catch Junior, he actually landed on Junior, so did Carwin. No sweat though, Junior showcased he actually has an iron chin by eating punches that the Anabolic man would have went down too like a 2 dollar hooker.

And really, you want to play this game? How come Reem couldn't finish Werdum? Junior knocked that fool out in his first fight in the UFC. Pillow fisted lmao.. Better than pillow chinned i guess.

Overeem vs Lesnar.

1.) Alistair was' date=' as always, on PED's for this fight.[b']CORRECT[/b]

2.) He fought a WWE wrestler who fought for 1 last paycheck.CORRECT

3.) This said wrestler actually stood with him and was winning the exchangesCORRECT, actually busting the overrated Anaboic man up.

Talk about an overratedCORRECT, overhypedCORRECT, oversizedCORRECT, no-chinnedCORRECT, bully of a can crusher.CORRECT

It's so painfully obvious Brock took a dive in that fight. They should have told Brock to at least shoot for a takedown or two to make it look legitimate.

He was winning the exchanges until the roidknee came. He event cut Roids on the face.

And i love how you didn't put WRONG' date=' next to oversized lol..

Junior [b']would have[/b] made Brock quit with one punch. And Roy didn't almost catch Junior, he actually landed on Junior, so did Carwin. No sweat though, Junior showcased he actually has an iron chin by eating punches that the Anabolic man would have went down too like a 2 dollar hooker.

And really, you want to play this game? How come Reem couldn't finish Werdum? Junior knocked that fool out in his first fight in the UFC. Pillow fisted lmao.. Better than pillow chinned i guess.

Would have? but never did fool. Weak sauce bro:rolleyes:

Werdum? pfffft. first of all, Werdum fought like a coward *****. Second JDS fought him when Werdum didn't know who he was, and wasn't near as good at the stand-up game as he his now. And thirdly, Werdum is way better now than Carwin or Nelson!

Even Werdum dominated fat boy worse than JDS.

Pillow fists got lucky with Werdum and Cain and when they both destroy him in a rematch I'm gonna laugh about it!

Werdum? pfffft. first of all' date=' Werdum fought like a coward *****[/b']. Second JDS fought him when Werdum didn't know who he was, and wasn't near as good at the stand-up game as he his now. And thirdly, Werdum is way better now than Carwin or Nelson!

Pillow fists got lucky with Werdum and Cain and when they both destroy him in a rematch I'm gonna laugh about it!

Werdum out struck Overeem on the feet and whenever he made an attempt to take it to the ground Overeem was scared to fight there. If Overeem wants to kickbox he should go back to K1.

Werdum out struck Overeem on the feet and whenever he made an attempt to take it to the ground Overeem was scared to fight there. If Overeem wants to kickbox he should go back to K1.

Buthurt Brock fanboy ^^^, that can't come to terms with the fact Reem retired his hero.

Too bad Reem will be champ while your hoomo hero is out shooting ground squirrels.

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Werdum? pfffft. first of all' date=' Werdum fought like a coward *****. Second JDS fought him when Werdum didn't know who he was, and wasn't near as good at the stand-up game as he his now. And thirdly, Werdum is way better now than Carwin or Nelson!

Pillow fists got lucky with Werdum and Cain and when they both destroy him in a rematch I'm gonna laugh about it![/quote']

Werdum didn't fight like a coward. He went out and outstruck Overrated. Werdum is actually 2-0 against him. I think you must have forgot how bad of a 30-26 beating JDS put on Fat Roy. He dropped him a couple times, something Werdum didn't do. And to think Werdum would even come close to beating Cigano is laughable. Standing he is toast and he doesn't have the wrestling to get it to the ground. Reem is not top ten. He would lose to Carwin, Nelson, and has already lost twice to Werdum.

Buthurt Brock fanboy ^^^' date=' that can't come to terms with the fact Reem retired his hero.

Too bad Reem will be champ while your hoomo hero is out shooting ground squirrels.

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/quote']

What in that post was untrue? The post was 100% truth. Werdum outstruck him and Overeem was afraid to grapple.

Archived