I was clueless about fights being fixed until....

Brady969

I listened to the Joe Rogan and Chael Sonnen podcast talking about how a lot of the Pride fights were fixed with guys like Cro Cop and Wanderlei. Don't get me wrong, I always figured there were a few fighters that took dives but that podcast was pretty eye opening to how things work behind the scenes.

Before you bust my balls, take into consideration I don't fight nor practice the martial arts. I'm just a fan.

If you get the chance, download Rogans interview with Chael. May be my favorite one yet.

Couture vs Toney was painfully obvious.

Pride was pretty shifty also' date=' Rampage said that they tried to give the other guy an advantage in the fight rather than actually fixing the fight on him.[/quote']

I hated the Toney/Couture fight the most. Not because it was so clearly set up for Randy to win, but because he was awarded a black belt for submitting a person with no belt.

I listened to the Joe Rogan and Chael Sonnen podcast talking about how a lot of the Pride fights were fixed with guys like Cro Cop and Wanderlei. Don't get me wrong' date=' I always figured there were a few fighters that took dives but that podcast was pretty eye opening to how things work behind the scenes.

Before you bust my balls, take into consideration I don't fight nor practice the martial arts. I'm just a fan.

If you get the chance, download Rogans interview with Chael. May be my favorite one yet.[/quote']

Chael Sonnen commenting on fixed fights in an organization he never fought in...hmmmm..seems fixed to me... :P

It's easy to talk crap about Pride when it's not around to defend it's workings or fighters.

And it's not the only sport where past employees who've felt wronged have come out with suspect comments on business activities.. IE (every sport in existence)

Less than a handful have made these claims and have little to no proof to back it up

(I love Rampage, and he said they would give advantages like weight cutting or suspect food before fights, and admitted he never had proof, and HE fought in Pride)

Chael is entertaining...(I like him) but he admits to talking alot of false ****, and I would take a second hand account of his on Pride with more than a grain of salt

Chael Sonnen commenting on fixed fights in an organization he never fought in...hmmmm..seems fixed to me... :P

It's easy to talk crap about Pride when it's not around to defend it's workings or fighters.

And it's not the only sport where past employees who've felt wronged have come out with suspect comments on business activities.. IE (every sport in existence)

Less than a handful have made these claims and have little to no proof to back it up

(I love Rampage' date=' and he said they would give advantages like weight cutting or suspect food before fights, and admitted he never had proof, and HE fought in Pride)

Chael is entertaining...(I like him) but he admits to talking alot of false ****, and I would take a second hand account of his on Pride with more than a grain of salt[/quote']

This is spot on. Its easy to criticize on something that is not around anymore. But I am no idiot, I do bealive that some fights were fixed but that goes on for any sport that involves money. People who dont bealive that the UFC has its share of corruption as well are very naive.

But to be exact I dont bealive that guys like Crocop or Wand would be involved in fixed fights. They are way to competiteve and have long wanted for MMA to be recognized as a true sport. I think that Pride probably tried to influence more on their Japanese stars.

I do remember one fight that Coleman for sure took a dive though

This is spot on. Its easy to criticize on something that is not around anymore. But I am no idiot' date=' I do bealive that some fights were fixed but that goes on for any sport that involves money. People who dont bealive that the UFC has its share of corruption as well are very naive.

But to be exact I dont bealive that guys like Crocop or Wand would be involved in fixed fights. They are way to competiteve and have long wanted for MMA to be recognized as a true sport. I think that Pride probably tried to influence more on their Japanese stars.

I do remember one fight that Coleman for sure took a dive though[/quote']

I agree on the Cro Cop and Wandy thing too.

Coleman straight up admitted to taking a dive in an interview I was reading haha, heard he got paid and extra 50,000$ to lose.

I agree on the Cro Cop and Wandy thing too.

Coleman straight up admitted to taking a dive in an interview I was reading haha' date=' heard he got paid and extra 50,000$ to lose.[/quote']

When did Coleman took a dive in pride... he never lost by ko or tko while being under the pride banner... except for once...

One guy people said in this post that will never cheat in a fight CRO COP!!!

EDIT: OOhhh well sorry guys.. coleamn admit it, he got submit vs a japanese guys... my bad!!!

Chael is a moron, and is bashing Pride because of his ignorance...

Yes there was some fixed matches in Pride and in the early UFC (and probably other organizations)...

but Pride had some terrible missmatches which lead to some horrible KOs and such.. that is why it somethimes seemed allmost fake

There aren't many fights in recent memory that I thought were fishy ..

However the more time passes the more I think the Pettis flying cage kick was a set up .. Not that the fight was a fix but that there was maybe a gentlemans agreement to have him do the kick to send the WEC out with a bang.

Watch the gif, Bending steps his foot back like he's signaling for him to try it.

Now as to whether Ben planned on getting knocked down by it I dunno.

Half the time the guys didn't know their opponent was taking a dive. That's why they think they were legitimate wins.

That was Chaels argument.. But i doubt man fighters would take a CroCop kick to the head on purpose... Chael is just full of ****...

Except the coleman fight there was never any fight that was proven to be fixed...

But there was A LOT of missmatches.. where people got smacked around good because they where outclassed.. I can understand how that can look suspicious...

And also there was something in Pride which the UFC has not had any focus on since 1996, and that is entertainment... In Pride the fighters was 90% fighters and 10% entartainers when in the ring... That is why Pride had 100 000 seats filled (which the UFC still can't match)

Archived