jds on possible superfight with jbj

BispingTheBeast

Yeah because we all know if they fought JDS would prefer to pull guard instead of using his epic tdd... :rolleyes:

Jones would use his epic takedown offense. I like JDS and I think he is the hardest hitter in MMA, but I think Jones would school him. I think Jones would take him down at will due to his leverage. I think if JDS wins, it would be off of submission like what Vitor was going after.

Jones would use his epic takedown offense. I like JDS and I think he is the hardest hitter in MMA' date=' but I think Jones would school him. I think Jones would take him down at will due to his leverage. I think if JDS wins, it would be off of submission like what Vitor was going after.[/quote']

I disagree, I think Jones would have a harder time closing the distance against JDS to get his clinch trips etc compared to how he does against most 205ers.

Jones would use his epic takedown offense. I like JDS and I think he is the hardest hitter in MMA' date=' but I think Jones would school him. I think Jones would take him down at will due to his leverage. I think if JDS wins, it would be off of submission like what Vitor was going after.[/quote']

Nothing you said would go down. Jones wouldn't take him down and JDS would KO, not sub him.

I disagree' date=' I think Jones would have a harder time closing the distance against JDS to get his clinch trips etc compared to how he does against most 205ers.[/quote']

We will agree to disagree. JDS isn't even a big HW and I'm not even sure he will be the champ by the time Jones moves to HW. Jones might fight a few average HWs in the next couple of years "Anderson style", but it will probably be 3 or 4 years before he goes up for good.

We will agree to disagree. JDS isn't even a big HW and I'm not even sure he will be the champ by the time Jones moves to HW. Jones might fight a few average HWs in the next couple of years "Anderson style"' date=' but it will probably be 3 or 4 years before he goes up for good.[/quote']

Did you just make all that up for the hell of it?

hahahaha, Carwin almost subbed JDS.

Jones @ 205lbs will not be the same Jones @ 250lbs+.

When the kid has the freedom to build on that frame as he sees fit, you see thicker legs and forearms to go with that massive reach and awkward striking.

I still think JDS has that instinctual apex predator mentality that most heavyweights have and that'll give him the edge, but he's reached his plateau for potential. Jones isn't done growing and by the end of next year could be a pretty nasty lookin HW.

Archived